ADVERTISEMENT

Game analysis is easy in this one

Romeo was not a total bust and did get hurt . Lander and nothing against the kid and he does seem to play hard but just wow. Who rated him? I just can't imagine and Calbert broke his foot his sr yr and I dont remember the buzz. He was the least heralded of that class. I watched a replay of the first KY game of that class . Calbert was the best but if Pat graham didnt break his foot and have diabetes problems . He was headed for great things as far and away 2nd best he could really shoot and score. Lander I dont get . I see nothing , Romeo as a 2-3 yr player or 4 in the old days would have had a great career. He is always hurt for Boston now. Lander is a waterbug and I don't see where that fits? I'm old , out of shape and short but I can throw up better shots than that. he can get up the court and back twice on me though. I have not seen a thing about him to see. Langford has size and physical ability . He was over hyped but injuries held him back and he didnt really want to be here. Damon Bailey isnt coming in anytime soon. What was the hype on Lander? I blame the hype machine , not really him but he shouldve played his sr yr.

Calbert really didn't have a whole lot of recruiting buzz -- before or after breaking his foot. There really wasn't the whole concept of "5-stars" or "4-stars" back then. But there were still recruiting sheets put out. I forget all the big scouting names from that era.

Anyway, he was the least heralded recruit in that class. Even a lot of people in Evansville were surprised when he signed with IU -- figuring he'd end up somewhere like UE, Butler, Valpo, WKU, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT