ADVERTISEMENT

Funny to watch all the haters crying

rocketo

All-American
Feb 23, 2007
Yeah. It wasn’t real pretty but it was a win. DG and AD played piss poor and Nebraska was on fire. Drilled several very tough 3’s. DA played some great minutes for us and TJD was a beast in the second half and OT. Last year, we lose that game for sure with as bad as we shot from 3.

Overall, some bright spots and some turds. Defense has to be better against the drives and please stop ball watching and leaving your player alone for wide open 3’s.

W bitches!

Getting joy from this win tells me you know little about IU hoops. And come March will be spilling excuses and theories on why we didn’t get in the tournament and how you’re excited to play UConn again in the NIT.

Yep a nice convincing OT win against a 4-5 team at home will really shut people up. Call me concerned that we finish as bubble team as best and could be missing the tourney with 20 or 21 wins. Always good to get a W but we are going to need to play better and shoot better.

Getting joy from this win tells me you know little about IU hoops. And come March will be spilling excuses and theories on why we didn’t get in the tournament and how you’re excited to play UConn again in the NIT.
You’re a dip shit. If you can’t enjoy a win while understanding that this is still a WIP, I feel sorry for you. You are one of the biggest losers on the board. And I know plenty regarding IU hoops. You know, because I’m actually a life long fan rather than a lame troll like you.

Reactions: CrazyHands
Yep a nice convincing OT win against a 4-5 team at home will really shut people up. Call me concerned that we finish as bubble team as best and could be missing the tourney with 20 or 21 wins. Always good to get a W but we are going to need to play better and shoot better.
How would we miss the tourney with 20 or 21 wins? That gaurentees us at least 6 Q1/Q2 wins which will be more than schools from the PAC 12 or Big East. We’re already 2-1 or 3-1 against that competition, depending how the chips fall

Yeah. It wasn’t real pretty but it was a win. DG and AD played piss poor and Nebraska was on fire. Drilled several very tough 3’s. DA played some great minutes for us and TJD was a beast in the second half and OT. Last year, we lose that game for sure with as bad as we shot from 3.

Overall, some bright spots and some turds. Defense has to be better against the drives and please stop ball watching and leaving your player alone for wide open 3’s.

W bitches!
Why is it that every time we get lit up from the three point line it’s that “they couldn’t miss,” or “they’re hitting everything?”

Why is every team so wide open??

Reactions: stollcpa
How would we miss the tourney with 20 or 21 wins? That gaurentees us at least 6 Q1/Q2 wins which will be more than schools from the PAC 12 or Big East. We’re already 2-1 or 3-1 against that competition, depending how the chips fall
Please stop trying to introduce logic into a good rant by those who wish us to fail

Reactions: HereYouGoIU

How dare you! How dare you be concerned!
This was a great performance by IU against a team that really should be in the top-20.

You are a pathetic excuse for a fan.
Why are you picking on an IU team that had a fantastic game tonight.
Win - bitches!

Yep. There would have been glasses clinking...

I don’t think that’s quite accurate. Maybe some feelings of vindication — but that’s different than celebration. Don’t confuse the two.

I’m glad we pulled it out. And I certainly hope we get better. But right now, we’re just not a very good basketball team. And I take absolutely no joy in saying that.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
I don’t think that’s quite accurate. Maybe some feelings of vindication — but that’s different than celebration. Don’t confuse the two.

I’m glad we pulled it out. And I certainly hope we get better. But right now, we’re just not a very good basketball team. And I take absolutely no joy in saying that.
Some, and they know who they are would clearly fall in the category of celebration. Don’t confuse yourself...

How dare you! How dare you be concerned!
This was a great performance by IU against a team that really should be in the top-20.

You are a pathetic excuse for a fan.
Why are you picking on an IU team that had a fantastic game tonight.
Win - bitches!
We could win every remaining game in the ugliest manner ever, and I would still take joy out of it.

I’ll take a win every time...no matter how much we are out-coached and outplayed...

Winning is the priority. 10-1.

We could win every remaining game in the ugliest manner ever, and I would still take joy out of it.
So you are not the least bit concerned that we got blown out by an average at best Wisconsin team and Nebraska took us to OT at IU? This team is gutting out some wins but we are gonna struggle in the BIG if we don’t start shooting better from 3 and playing some D

Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Archie ball so far is generally not pretty and not terribly fun to watch. Identity and development seem lacking. It’s understandably hard to be patient as fans of a historically strong program that hasn’t sniffed the final four in nearly two decades.

But I’m terrible at predicting coach quality, and it’s easy enough to name coaches who went on to have great careers who also really struggled their first 3-4 years at a new place. Tony Benett’s first two years at UVA flat sucked and years 3-4 were pretty pedestrian, but he’s built a very strong program and won a national championship. He did it with a style of ball that many said he could never win a championship with.

I won’t make any predictions about Archie, but I think he gets another season or two to show some promise. I’ll enjoy any win any way until then.

So you are not the least bit concerned that we got blown out by an average at best Wisconsin team and Nebraska took us to OT at IU? This team is gutting out some wins but we are gonna struggle in the BIG if we don’t start shooting better from 3 and playing some D

Nebraska just got extremely lucky. They would beat 95% of the teams in the country shooting like that tonight.
We played our asses off.

Haters shut up! This is a very good IU team.

W bitches!

Nebraska is ranked as the 158th best team in the country (RPI). They are by far the lowest ranked B1G team (Northwestern is next lowest at 99th). Nebraska's losses this year include - UC Riverside (by 19), Southern Utah, George Mason (by 19), all at home, and on the road to Creighton (again by 19). Jervay Green, a junior who has started every game this season for Nebraska, averaging 10 points and 5 rebounds, did not play against IU due to a suspension.

For those of you who think that beating a short-handed, 158th best team in the country at home in overtime is a good win, enjoy. Celebrate away.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
Nebraska is ranked as the 158th best team in the country (RPI). They are by far the lowest ranked B1G team (Northwestern is next lowest at 99th). Nebraska's losses this year include - UC Riverside (by 19), Southern Utah, George Mason (by 19), all at home, and on the road to Creighton (again by 19). Jervay Green, a junior who has started every game this season for Nebraska, averaging 10 points and 5 rebounds, did not play against IU due to a suspension.

For those of you who think that beating a short-handed, 158th best team in the country at home in overtime is a good win, enjoy. Celebrate away.
Its only better than losing to said team...
10-1.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
I’ll take a win every time...no matter how much we are out-coached and outplayed...

Winning is the priority. 10-1.
Rarely do I see teams when out coached and outplayed... So it can’t be both. Teams don’t win if what you say is true.

Yep. We better improve play to compete against the top teams. I will get concerned if we start losing often. We have plenty to work on and it’s not my job to worry about it. That’s Archie’s job.

Oh, you are so wrong. This board has many that find joy in a loss.

Yep. We better improve play to compete against the top teams. I will get concerned if we start losing often. We have plenty to work on and it’s not my job to worry about it. That’s Archie’s job.

Stop hating on Archie.
He’ll figure it out even if you want to doubt him. Tonight he won the game for us through his designed plays.

Archie ball so far is generally not pretty and not terribly fun to watch. Identity and development seem lacking. It’s understandably hard to be patient as fans of a historically strong program that hasn’t sniffed the final four in nearly two decades.

But I’m terrible at predicting coach quality, and it’s easy enough to name coaches who went on to have great careers who also really struggled their first 3-4 years at a new place. Tony Benett’s first two years at UVA flat sucked and years 3-4 were pretty pedestrian, but he’s built a very strong program and won a national championship. He did it with a style of ball that many said he could never win a championship with.

I won’t make any predictions about Archie, but I think he gets another season or two to show some promise. I’ll enjoy any win any way until then.
I have seen positive development in many players. Most importantly the young players he is bringing in. While players such as DG and Smith have improved under CAM, they just aren’t necessarily perfect fits. They still have great value and their experience and athleticism make up for many deficiencies. They can both be frustrating to watch though, unless they are hot.

I much prefer lessons while winning. But that’s just me. Go cry in a corner

Timeouts and inbound plays are a strength!

10-1...wouldnt be surprised to crack the top 20 in the early week rankings!

We should be ranked right now.
Only reason we aren’t is because the media likes Duke and Izzo has it in for us. It’s a total sham.

How do they ignore a 10-1 team?
It’s all media controlled and a conspiracy.

Oh, you are so wrong. This board has many that find joy in a loss.

I’ve never gotten that impression, personally.

I think it’s more of a “see, I told you so” thing. That’s not joy though. I can see where somebody might confuse the two sentiments.

Until and unless this team starts playing better than they have been, we’ll see a lot of this. And not without reason.

Whatever one’s opinion of Miller, nobody should be the least bit satisfied with how we’ve been playing thus far. We looked good against FSU. But, then, we looked good against Marquette last year. And we all know how last year turned out.

Reactions: JIMSHAM and cryano
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT