ADVERTISEMENT

Free Throws 46 - 8

That’s all we need. The fact that you keep coming to an IU forum and that you guys chant IU Sucks when you aren’t even playing us…yeah, you’re lil’ bro. Until you get five titles, you’re lil’ bro. Until sportscasters start saying “Purdue, a traditional blue blood program…”, you’re lil’ bro. You’ll always be lil’ bro. No matter how many times you beat IU, no matter how many B1G titles you win, you’re just “that other team from Indiana”.
Can’t remember the last time Purdue chanted IU sucks in a basketball game

Oops: You omitted MOST PHYSICAL. Now, I agree, if it's a Jason Collier or AJ Hammons who doesn't relish contact, you'd be the biggest and strongest guy on the floor possibly, but not foul because you're not physical. Edey is in the middle of the action in the paint, on every possession and generally is initiating it when on offense, trying to seal his man with his elbows/arms high. And yet, somehow while opponents pile up fouls, often on 2-3 defenders, Edey sails through with 2 or fewer fouls. Good game today @ Wisconsin. I noticed they had the audacity to call 3 fouls on him in what I didn't think was nearly as physical as the NW game (nor as long). Time for Matt to start lobbying about the unfair foul situation in the post game presser. This shall not stand!
You obviously do not watch our games. Edey avoids contact quite a lot.

Ever heard the term "seeing what you want to see?" That's the narrative that PU fans want to believe, so it's what you see. Also, just because he does it in some areas, doesn't mean he doesn't commit fouls in other areas. I don't care and have enjoyed watching PU up until Zach. And, I said he's been well coached to be as physical as he can be, up to the point of getting fouls called and that he does a good job of avoiding fouls blocking shots (and making an effort to get out of the lane for 3 seconds), but mostly what I'm talking about are the offensive fouls for position, sliding into the man when setting screens and over the back on rebounds.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
That's like saying Ted Bundy didn't kill people he encountered quite a lot. Both can be true: he can avoid fouls in some areas and still commit plenty that aren't called in other areas.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT