ADVERTISEMENT

Free Throws 46 - 8

NWfor3

Benchwarmer
Mar 25, 2013
How in the world does this happen??? I refuse to watch that school up north unless they play IU, so I didn't watch any part of the game last night. If you saw the game, please explain what the foul situation was like. Were they calling legitimate fouls on NU? I know that ZE fouls 8 - 10 times a game and ends up with only 2?

I think Chris Collins thought the FT discrepancy was ridiculous. He got booted from the game. Lost his mind on the court with one of the officials. Not really like him.

How in the world does this happen??? I refuse to watch that school up north unless they play IU, so I didn't watch any part of the game last night. If you saw the game, please explain what the foul situation was like. Were they calling legitimate fouls on NU? I know that ZE fouls 8 - 10 times a game and ends up with only 2?

this is the type of game that does Purdue no favors in preparation for March.

BT officiating in general does its teams no favors.

This sounds like an IU Basketball nightmare. Get a 46 to 8 free throw advantage at Home, make 29 free throws and go to overtime to get the Win. How did this game even get to overtime with that discrepancy?

Reactions: Bucket Getter
How dare you bring him into this! He's an outstanding coach. If you remove the fact that his team is currently 0-22 on the season.

I think Detroit Mercy hasn't let him go yet because he said, "help is on the way."
Hosting 13-9 Cleveland State tonight.

I remember some UK fan put that Freedom Hall freak out to the Chicken Dance music. That was a brutal loss and meltdown for us IU fans. Ugh.
NnjJaz.gif

Wait your telling me there are bad officials in the big ten....

Northwestern is:

• 323rd in the country in fouls/possession
  • 281st in opponent free throws attempted/game
  • 320th in free throws attempted/game
  • 18/66 shots at the rim last night (27%)
Purdue is:

• 9th in the country in fouls/possession
  • 9th in opponent free throws attempted/game
  • 9th in free throws attempted/game
  • 24/57 shots at the rim last night (42%)
Many of the shots at the rim for Purdue were from rebounds and put backs. A lot of fouls tend to be called in those situations.

• Haha
Reactions: tbird2017 and ulrey
I think Chris Collins thought the FT discrepancy was ridiculous. He got booted from the game. Lost his mind on the court with one of the officials. Not really like him.
He got booted from the game not because of the FT disparity, but because they called a block when it should have been an offensive foul on Jones. I completely agree with Collins on that one.

Reactions: BoilerHuff3
Northwestern is:

Purdue is:

So you're saying Edey and his teammates constantly get the calls?

Edey hooks the defender practically every time and doesn't get called.

So you're saying Edey and his teammates constantly get the calls?

Edey hooks the defender practically every time and doesn't get called.
I linked you the stats. If you want to believe that Purdue gets all the calls in every arena in the country, including at Hawaii then so be it. It wouldn't be reality, but you can believe it if you want.

Last edited:
Northwestern is:

Purdue is:

Purdue is also #1 in pissing themselves in March. If y'all do it again this year I'll probably need hospitalized from laughing too hard. Its almost March and mid major guards are just around the corner. He who laughs last and all.

He got booted from the game not because of the FT disparity, but because they called a block when it should have been an offensive foul on Jones. I completely agree with Collins on that one.
Wrong. He got booted because he deemed the officials to have what they had...a terrible game. The final BS call is the last snowflake that caused the Collins avalanche. But there were at east 10 other snowflakes that game that led to the final one causing the avalanche.

I linked you the stats. If you want to believe that Purdue gets all the calls in every area in the country, including at Hawaii then so be it. It wouldn't be reality, but you can believe it if you want.

So if you take away non-Big Ten games, would PU be higher or lower on the ranking?

Just because it includes all games doesn't mean there isn't some bs going on with the calls.

Have you ever thought that maybe PU craps the bed in NCAA tourney specifically because they can't bring their BT refs and homer calls with them?

Edey getting called for his hooks would have a major impact on the game if he is sitting on the bench in foul trouble.

46 was legit on pu but NW only getting 8 is where the issue is

They call way too many tick tack fouls on anyone guarding Frankenzach. Many of which have no impact on the play and shouldn't be called.
Don’t disagree but NW not getting foul calls is the bigger story

Reminds me of a game I watched back in 1992 where the FT differential was 42-16. Was TV Teddy doing the game?

Pretty hard to believe that NU still had a chance to win it in regulation. The #2 team in the country needed 40 extra FT's to escape with the win in OT.
Purdue missed 17 free throws and Northwestern shot 27 3s and hit better than 50% from 3 and 58% overall.

this is the type of game that does Purdue no favors in preparation for March.

BT officiating in general does its teams no favors.
If some NCAA tourney crew decides to call offensive fouls, 3 seconds and/or moving screens (I know, redundant regarding offensive fouls), Lurch and PU will lose to yet another 16 seed.

Awwwwww, lil bro still looking for validation. It’s cute.
Whose little bro? Guessing me since you quoted me. Interesting that that is what you take from that. Not the fact that he completely debunks everyone talking about Purdue on an iu board. I get it though, you all need something good to talk about.

Reactions: tbird2017

I agree with you on the hook and that PU doesn’t get all the calls. The stats you showed prove that.

I saw Edey before the IU game this year warming up. It was interesting. He was practicing back to the basket, two hands on the ball, left elbow up, slight duck, turn left under a pretend arm, them up with both arms, elbow out to create space, with a soft right hand shot.

Completely unstoppable as he is allowed to drop step back and dislodge a defender (which is a foul but it's hardly ever called on anyone including Reneau). Once he has a little space, elbow up for separation, and the baby hook.

There was a video of something like it earlier and they called a foul on the NW player. The NW fouled on the pass but after that, he didn't do anything wrong. And neither did Edey as that is how the game has evolved. Bang the crap out of each other in the post until a ref decides someone needs to be called for a foul. Sad really.

My issue with Edey is the 3 seconds or more he is allowed to have. I understand the counting stops upon a move towards the basket. But he is in there quite a long time. Last night, it was for over 4 seconds before Loyer hit the 3. It doesn't happen all the time and less this year with his improved mobility, but it happens enough to drive opponents crazy.

Whose little bro? Guessing me since you quoted me. Interesting that that is what you take from that. Not the fact that he completely debunks everyone talking about Purdue on an iu board. I get it though, you all need something good to talk about.
Says the guy who comes to IU’s forum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT