ADVERTISEMENT

For those in the know, how did

hoosierraven

Sophomore
Sep 2, 2001
Abingdon, MD
Curtis Moore and Race Thompson do in practice this past season? Did they appear to be improving during the season? What is the probability they will be able to get valuable minutes next year?

Curtis Moore and Race Thompson do in practice this past season? Did they appear to be improving during the season? What is the probability they will be able to get valuable minutes next year?
Not sure. I would think Race Thompson improved more than he would have playing high school. I hope Moore is not Priller 2.0

Just wondering how anyone on this message board would know how they did in practice because isn't the practice closed.

According to some folks they claim to be in the know as to what is going on with the team. I see a lot of words from “insiders” who claim to know just about everything.

Also, I’m about 600 miles from Bloomington and don’t get scuttlebut from the locals.

Just asking for opinions from those closer than me, which is just about everyone. o_O

According to some folks they claim to be in the know as to what is going on with the team. I see a lot of words from “insiders” who claim to know just about everything.

Also, I’m about 600 miles from Bloomington and don’t get scuttlebut from the locals.

Just asking for opinions from those closer than me, which is just about everyone. o_O
Not anything against you but nobody on this board sees practice unless one of the coaches post on here.

Only thing I've regarding Race was his appearance on radio show in early February. Conditioning, diet, weight loss...changing his body. Not a parallel or direct comparison at all but when Davis missed the summer before starting his first season it cost him all that conditioning which had him behind his entire first year.

Sounds like Race is getting his body all ready so come August he won't be wasting a year of eligibility playing catch up.

Wisconsin did this with Happ. Practiced against better veterans all year long and got his body ready. Otherwise I know nothing regarding RT.

Reactions: moneyadvisor
Only thing I've regarding Race was his appearance on radio show in early February. Conditioning, diet, weight loss...changing his body. Not a parallel or direct comparison at all but when Davis missed the summer before starting his first season it cost him all that conditioning which had him behind his entire first year.

Sounds like Race is getting his body all ready so come August he won't be wasting a year of eligibility playing catch up.

Wisconsin did this with Happ. Practiced against better veterans all year long and got his body ready. Otherwise I know nothing regarding RT.

Thanks Tony20. About the only news I receive is on this site and much of it is unbelievable.

The guy who knows absolutely everything about absolutely everything is between screen names right now...stay tuned, he'll be back.

Clifton Moore and Race Thompson do in practice this past season? Did they appear to be improving during the season? What is the probability they will be able to get valuable minutes next year?
Archie said somewhere that Race Thompson is one of the most improved players on the team. After the season started, he stayed on the summer conditioning schedule. Not sure about Moore, though. He’s very much a project that could turn into something amazing, or go very wrong.

This is a great question. We may not hear about improvement in their game but if we can learn anything about physical improvement we will have an idea of their potential for next season.

Everyone agrees guard play is key but my hope is Morgan, Smith and Thompson become the heart of the team and make up the best forward rotation in the B1G. Then they just need one of the 6'9 to 6/10 to offer something on D and on the glass. Cannot ask JM to guard 7'0 250 lbs centers all season and expect it to end well.

Last edited:
This is a great question. We may not hear about improvement in their game but if we can learn anything about physical improvement we will have an idea of their potential for next season.

Everyone agrees guard play is key but my hope is Morgan, Smith and Thompson become the heart of the team and make up the best forward rotation in the B1G. Then they just need one of the 6'9 to 6/10 to offer something on D and on the glass. Cannot ask JM to guard 7'0 250 lbs centers all season and expect it to end well.
Add Hunter to that

I was thinking Hunter is more of a wing, as is Anderson. I am not sure how much he will be battling down low in the post. In fact, if either of those two can play SF and SG, it would create all kinds of matchup problems for opponents.

Moore is a big big project.Like for Thompson to get his buddy Matthew Hurt to come to Bloomington. That would close to like getting Romeo.

I was thinking Hunter is more of a wing, as is Anderson. I am not sure how much he will be battling down low in the post. In fact, if either of those two can play SF and SG, it would create all kinds of matchup problems for opponents.
Well Smith is about same size as Anderson and Hunter. I imagine our lineup next year being..
Phinnissee
Green/Anderson
Hunter/smith
Morgan
Davis? Thompson? Forrester?

Not entirely true...some high school coaches can watch practice and take kids down to watch them
This is correct HS coaches can go most of the time but once officials start coming to practice Archie doesn't like outside people in the gym.

If it was IU why wait so long??

Maybe he wanted to see how Archie coached at IU and make his decision after the season. But most of all... let's not turn this into yet another Romeo thread. This has been rehashed more times than Bugs Bunny has uttered the phrase "What's up doc?"

If it was IU why wait so long??
Maybe because all along the family said he was going to wait until spring an dafter his season was over to announce. People think he is going to visit IU one more time after his season is over to check out the academic part of IU so to me that is a good sign.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT