ADVERTISEMENT

For all of the remote workers on here

We have the paid version with all the bells and whistles. **** Zoom.

That's gay as hell. Might as well light your money on fire. Teams is trash. The app sucks, the computer app eats up way more CPU power to give you grainy video and loser backgrounds.

Love it save the two monitors. I have two monitors at work and can never find the mouse
giphy.gif

The app sucks, the computer app eats up way more CPU power to give you grainy video and loser backgrounds.
True on that point. Fo sho

I represent a single point of failure which leads to the shitshow I inhabit. I do this willingly and am golden handcuffed at this point. I do need to get some help below me. I recnetly took over a division. My old division (which I still have) works reasonably autonomously otherwise it would be 20 meetings a day.

We have the paid version with all the bells and whistles. **** Zoom.
You f*cking monster. What Bizarro f*cking world do you live in where Teams is anything other than the Gorgon of online meeting culture? Zoom is extraordinarily mid, but at least it isn't turning all operations to figurative stone with its insane bugginess.

Next thing we all know, you're going to be recommending everyone jump on an Amazon Chime instead of heading over to Auburn for the Dream...wait a minute. You sly genius. I've misjudged you.

Carry on. 👌

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
When I moved to where I currently live, I kept my old job for about a year and a half and worked totally remote. I found that dressing like I did when I was going into the office helped keep me focused on in the right 'work' mindset. I also made an effort to go walk around campus/uptown on nice days for lunches and as JDB mentioned, if it was just a telephone call, I'd do it on the move.

I traveled a lot for that job and the expectation was that I'd spend at least a few days in the home office per quarter, so the travel broke up the feeling of not being connected, but ended up being too much.

Post COVID I'm definitely hybrid and both in-office and at home dress has relaxed a bit.
Agreed fully, when I was WFH in 2020, I found it best to get up shave/shower and dress. Also it was funny but back then my company was switching from Skype to Teams and when a bunch of office folks got sent home to work on laptops with new meeting software, let’s just say there were way more folks with bed head in boxers then anyone ever needs see in meetings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT