ADVERTISEMENT

Fitzner

We just don't have the talent.
Exactly, and we may never know if Hunter would have helped. it's hard to see many more road wins unless this team progresses or we get healthy fast. If we were a better team from top to bottom, injuries could be weathered, but we are not, the only real talent is young, and not winning on the road is proof. You just have to be better, its always been that way and always will, and probably should be.

To me.... it's like Fitz is thinking about what to do on the court... instead of just doing what comes natural. Like.... OK... Now I set a pick... now I'm supposed to go over here.... now I'm supposed to do this or that.
Just play and don't think about it.

Welcome to ignore
Why would you put me on ignore? Because we don’t agree on this one comment? I only put trolling retards on ignore or those who are so ignorant that I feel dumber after reading every post.

Last edited:
To me.... it's like Fitz is thinking about what to do on the court... instead of just doing what comes natural. Like.... OK... Now I set a pick... now I'm supposed to go over here.... now I'm supposed to do this or that.

Fitz .... his problem isn't awareness, he's in the right spots and knows the play, he's just really soft. Never mixes it up and never puts a body on anyone, and does nothing with the aggressiveness needed to succeed. B1G basketball is physical, he's still playing west coast basketball ..like a

tenor.gif

He needs to man up and get dirty.

Reactions: Sassy61

In other words, he looks like every player on the team looked last season. He may be an upperclassman, but he’s only been fully practicing in this system for a relatively short time. That said, he looks like a stereotypical case of some dude playing b-ball simply because he’s 6’10”, not because he’s particularly good at it.

Reactions: ROBBOB
Fitz .... his problem isn't awareness, he's in the right spots and knows the play, he's just really soft. Never mixes it up and never puts a body on anyone, and does nothing with the aggressiveness needed to succeed. B1G basketball is physical, he's still playing west coast basketball ..like a

tenor.gif

He needs to man up and get dirty.

Sadly, I have to agree.

What did we expect of a guy from St. Marys? The B1G is tough basketball, and he's not.

He doesn't belong down low, needs to be outside shooting. Thought that's what he was brought in for.
You hit it. St Marys is not the same in terms of talent level and toughness. He is a good kid, but as I told my Dad last night, he is just a body out there to spell others. I think he has trouble getting his shot off where he feels comfortable shooting it. Players close out on you a lot faster in our league.

Reactions: Sassy61
[QUOTE="rocketo, post: 2570125, member: 7340"
I only put trolling retards on ignore or those who are so ignorant that I feel dumber after reading every post.[/QUOTE]
Bingo! This is why he ignored you. I have more patience for individuals with developmental disabilities so I’m going to see what kind of inappropriate things you will say next.

...and I got blasted for saying he plays like a slow 3. He was never a post player. He was brought in to stretch the floor and never panned out. We needed that shooting ability.

You must not remember Uwe very well. He was a project but was a very good center by his senior year averaging 16 per game.

I remember his hands o’ stone.
By his senior year, after 4 years of Knight, he was good. He was 7’ 2” and the NBA is always going to take those guys if they can even tie their shoes. That said, he didn’t last but 5 years in the pros but the guy was really bright.

By his senior year, after 4 years of Knight, he was good. He was 7’ 2” and the NBA is always going to take those guys if they can even tie their shoes. That said, he didn’t last but 5 years in the pros but the guy was really bright.
Phi Beta Kappa. Worked at Texas Instruments in the off-season. Wonder how many other first round NBA picks have been Phi Beta Kappa.

Reactions: reabhnt
He struggles to catch a pass in traffic or if the ball isn't perfectly thrown to him. Rebounding is a similar story. He will rebound if the ball comes to him.

He looks uncomfortable on the offensive end. He is actually better than I expected on defensive, except for defensive rebounding. Fitz playing instead of Smith contributed to getting killed on the boards at MD. Giving up second and third shots cost us the game.

I would rather see Forrester in the game. He is a rebounder and is able to track down the ball to get rebounds and rebound baskets. I believe what makes him aggressive rebounding could result in defensive improvement with experience. He brings the hard work ethic in a game we saw early with Juwan Morgan.

Reactions: channi and BigMobe
But admittedly, Fitzner does tend to share ewe's "Hands of Stone." Lmao

Blab did more with less natural talent through sheer hard work than any player I've ever seen at IU.
Last guy I remember in college basketball that could consistently hit a hook shot.

i think i recall during a presser that Knight asked IU students to throw their books at Lindeman when they saw him on campus so he could work on his hands. anyone else remember that or was i really drunk the whole time? lol

Reactions: FormerRevMatt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT