ADVERTISEMENT

First lawsuit against Biden’s college loan forgiveness program for deadbeats.

As long as we are discussing loan forgiveness, what is everyone's opinion on ppp loan forgiveness that happened under Trump? Really poor deadbeats like MTG took advantage of those to the tune of 6 figures...

Is it ok to pay off the greedy wealthy?
Did forgiveness happen under Trump? Link?

As long as we are discussing loan forgiveness, what is everyone's opinion on ppp loan forgiveness that happened under Trump? Really poor deadbeats like MTG took advantage of those to the tune of 6 figures...

Congress
No congress.
I think my other post got deleted by the shitty mod. Where the F*uck is stoll. Worthless

Reactions: Crayfish57

They paid off the loans by paying wages during the lockdowns.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
I'm not defending the program. I don't like it, for the reasons that Aloha (among many others) has raised, and not to mention that it does nothing to keep people from getting overextended in the future. Biden caved to Warren and Bernie and the rest of the progressives.

That doesn't make the recipients of the benefit deadbeats. That's all I'm taking issue with.

what Biden did isn't what Bernie proposed.

what Bernie proposed was much better thought out, and a real long term solution to a real problem, and one that's successfully implemented in other countries.

Aren't they required to pay their employees regardless?

Taxpayers paying their employees for them is still a handout
I will give you this, you play the poor hapless victim of everything very well.

They could have fired them or went out of business

Reactions: DANC
I thought no one was making payments over the last couple of years?
They have the option to not make payments but some borrowers are cutting away their debt while they have zero interest accruing.

I have no data but I know from talking to alum. Depends on their financial situation.

This should have been the solution. Remove interest on student loans and move forward OR just cancel most of it.

The company I worked for is an example of just that. They would not have survived without PPP.
We never even considered looking into it but shop next door did. We Own our building and just family, so few expenses and rode it out.

For some that did use it and maybe couldve gotten through it, it was a safety net to keep going as we didnt know when it was ending.

You said most were plugging along making their payments. Most stopped paying— they didn’t have to.
If I had been them I'd have been paying all I could. I admit I don't know the details but I'd have been paying down every bit I could.

You said most were plugging along making their payments. Most stopped paying— they didn’t have to.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. The plugging away I was talking about was long term. I wasn't restricting it to the Covid period.

But hey, I'm done. If you (and everyone else) want to view the relief recipients as deadbeats, have at it. I'm either doing a poor job of getting my point across, or am dead wrong.

I'm not defending the program. I don't like it, for the reasons that Aloha (among many others) has raised, and not to mention that it does nothing to keep people from getting overextended in the future. Biden caved to Warren and Bernie and the rest of the progressives.

That doesn't make the recipients of the benefit deadbeats. That's all I'm taking issue with.
OK. We are almost on the same page. The deadbeats are those whining for debt forgiveness. Once the policy goes into effect, and hopefully it doesn’t, I wouldn’t call every beneficiary a deadbeat - depends on the circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
Probably won’t be the last. If a President can spend a trillion bucks in funds not authorized or appropriated by Congress, the country is in deep trouble. Presidents won’t be able to stop themselves from trying to buy votes from deadbeats at the expense of other taxpayers and ever more debt.

I don't particularly support this particular form of debt relief, but it's extremely offensive that you insist on repeatedly referring to the people benefiting as deadbeats. Many of the people carrying excruciating levels of student loan dead are anything but deadbeats.

I don't particularly support this particular form of debt relief, but it's extremely offensive that you insist on repeatedly referring to the people benefiting as deadbeats. Many of the people carrying excruciating levels of student loan dead are anything but deadbeats.
Is it really any different than referring to people that voted Republican as deplorables?

Reactions: DANC
Stoll chimed in, and Brad and Cray lent moral support. I'm disappointed I couldn't get my point across.
I'm not in agreement with deadbeat for starters was merely pointing something out to the board liberals.

I do wonder how many of these people complaing about how much they owe, Hickory saying his wife is basically going backwards for example. What kind of cars are they driving? What kind of house do they live in, vacations they take , what else do they spend money on that is a luxury? How many kids do they have? I'm not saying they should live in a trailer, but driving older cars , living modestly and paying off your earlier debts first might be a good plan to consider.

I'm not in agreement with deadbeat for starters was merely pointing something out to the board liberals.

I do wonder how many of these people complaing about how much they owe, Hickory saying his wife is basically going backwards for example. What kind of cars are they driving? What kind of house do they live in, vacations they take , what else do they spend money on that is a luxury? How many kids do they have? I'm not saying they should live in a trailer, but driving older cars , living modestly and paying off your earlier debts first might be a good plan to consider.
What's it matter? If they have jobs and they are making their payments, it's not right to dismiss them as deadbeats.

I drive a 2018. It's the newest car I've ever owned. I needed a decent car with good mileage because I drive a lot. Otherwise, I live cheaply. I work between 50-60 hours a week, and I save most of my paycheck, excepting the money I spend to take care of Mama Goat, who can't afford everything she needs with her paltry SS payments.

I'm a dumbass who took out way too much student debt. Biden's relief does nothing for me. In fact, nothing short of total forgiveness would. I'll be on income-based payments until my 25 years are up, and then the amount that's written off will very likely be more than my total balance is now. That sucks, but it is what it is. But it doesn't make me a deadbeat. It just makes me a guy who took on way too much debt.

Probably won’t be the last. If a President can spend a trillion bucks in funds not authorized or appropriated by Congress, the country is in deep trouble. Presidents won’t be able to stop themselves from trying to buy votes from deadbeats at the expense of other taxpayers and ever more debt.

Were you this angry about the payroll tax deferral, $400 weekly unemployment benefit, and the student loan moratorium? All executive orders and memorandum signed by Republican President Donald J. Trump. Were they specifically authorized by Congress?

And for the record, I'm not sure that legalized bribery is any better. Congressionally approved stimulus checks to deadbeats. How does prisoners sound? Signed by the President.

Or the world record fraudulent PPP bonanza for which they may still be counting into my great grandchildrens lifetimes. Or how about the stock trading by members of Congress. Both parties. This country is awash in bribery and corruption.

On your point about inflation, I would bring it back to 2018 after Powell finally showed an ounce of courage and caved like a wilted turnip after Trump demanded lower rates when the house of cards stock market began to crash.

I haven't seen an ounce of fiscal responsibility by anyone in Washington in 30 years.

Again, I’ll make no apologies for that. I had college loans. I paid them off. I had numerous car loans. I paid them off. I’ve bought five houses so far. I paid off every mortgage, including the one I had to pay $22,000 to sell because it didn’t appreciate. I didn’t whine. I entered into every loan freely, and so did every one of these people whining about having to pay back their college loans. I think deadbeat is an accurate description.

Maybe my opinion is informed by my dirt poor background, but I’m sticking with it.

Again, I’ll make no apologies for that. I had college loans. I paid them off. I had numerous car loans. I paid them off. I’ve bought five houses so far. I paid off every mortgage, including the one I had to pay $22,000 to sell because it didn’t appreciate. I didn’t whine. I entered into every loan freely, and so did every one of these people whining about having to pay back their college loans. I think deadbeat is an accurate description.

Maybe my opinion is informed by my dirt poor background, but I’m sticking with it.
I'm disappointed in you. I don't know what strange definition of "deadbeat" you're working with in your head, but it's not a reasonable one.

Were you this angry about the payroll tax deferral, $400 weekly unemployment benefit, and the student loan moratorium? All executive orders and memorandum signed by Republican President Donald J. Trump. Were they specifically authorized by Congress?

And for the record, I'm not sure that legalized bribery is any better. Congressionally approved stimulus checks to deadbeats. How does prisoners sound? Signed by the President.

Or the world record fraudulent PPP bonanza for which they may still be counting into my great grandchildrens lifetimes. Or how about the stock trading by members of Congress. Both parties. This country is awash in bribery and corruption.

On your point about inflation, I would bring it back to 2018 after Powell finally showed an ounce of courage and caved like a wilted turnip after Trump demanded lower rates when the house of cards stock market began to crash.

I haven't seen an ounce of fiscal responsibility by anyone in Washington in 30 years.
All that stuff was passed by Congress and signed by the President..

I'm disappointed in you. I don't know what strange definition of "deadbeat" you're working with in your head, but it's not a reasonable one.
You think it’s reasonable that a person decides he shouldn’t repay a loan that he/she agrees to? Please explain that.

Last edited:
Laughable. None of the first paragraph was passed by Congress. That would actually require a vote. All were executive orders and memorandum.
Sorry, you are right about that part. I skimmed and missed it. None of that shoud be legal as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT