ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Dolson. What a complete joke

So are you suggesting Thad Matta did not meet with IU, did not talk with them about his health, the job, salary, did not mutually agree to terms discussed, did not return, did not have another discussion and then did not remove his name from consideration? Is that what you are saying?
Ah, trying to move the goalposts because you can’t defend your position. The tactic of the defeated. As you know, I said none of those things. Nice try, but yours is the “argument” of the weak. Sorry you were so badly fooled.

Noooo, it's not given the candidate. Not only can they be part of the hiring process for any job so long as they are job-related and consistent with business necessity, they can be ongoing as well.

You implied you have some credentials that give you insight as to the process for these kinds of hires. What are they?
You were badly fooled, and your lack of insight into these matters is telling.

It‘s not serious to wonder why you published a factually inaccurate article? Sorry, but your parsing is more evidence of it. You simply didn’t get this correct. Nothing boring about that fact.

The whole report was not wrong just the physical part. That was a mistake. It's been admitted, reasons have been given why, etc.

What else is it you're looking for? Is there some kind of burning need you have for it to be something - anything - more?

Christ, the cows can tape something by now.

Reactions: BayernFan
You must be bored, this has been explained plenty. But I'll make you a deal. You get caught up on everything and if you have a serious question I'll gladly answer it. The story is absolutely not false and makes perfect sense if you follow the trail. The "physical" was a detail simply incorrectly described to me. Ex, Had I said Thad Matta 'Couldn't' pass a physical, that is a statement that could not have been denied by Indiana. 'Didn't' pass a physical is.
The basis of the story is absolutely accurate. They met, talked about all the job details, his health, salary & compensation, and were mutually agreeable to the terms discussed verbally.
Matta returned and engaged in a subsequent conversation that changed the course of the outcome. (There's a bit more that goes here that turns the whole thing on its head, but I'm saving that for later. It's the best part!) At that time he withdrew his name from consideration. That's why there are no denials to any of this.
Your explanation is more than enough info and makes perfect sense

The whole report was not wrong just the physical part. That was a mistake. It's been admitted, reasons have been given why, etc.

What else is it you're looking for? Is there some kind of burning need you have for it to be something - anything - more?

Christ, the cows can tape something now.
Why are you so upset and defensive here? Really strange that you’re defending something that was ridiculous on its face. Was simply trying to understand how it was ever published, since it was completely implausible. As I originally said, it’s obvious you’re incurious. Some of us are, however. Just step to the side.

I'm sorry, I missed the part where you gave your credentials for knowing how these hires work.
Common sense alone would tell you it was bogus. You obviously aren’t well versed on how any executive hire works, let alone something like this. Sorry you were so badly fooled.

Your explanation is more than enough info and makes perfect sense
Except it never occurred. As I already explained to you, an IME isn’t applicable here. In a work comp claim or PI issue, it is. You already demonstrated your lack of understanding.

I'm sorry, I missed the part where you gave your credentials for knowing how these hires work.
This guy is a blowhard who has been on this board under a dozen different screen names picking arguments for years. He's also relentless. I put him on ignore as soon as I realize he's back with a new identity. I would recommend you do the same. Engaging him is an exercise in futility. He's pathological.

Why are you so upset and defensive here? Really strange that you’re defending something that was ridiculous on its face. Was simply trying to understand how it was ever published, since it was completely implausible. As I originally said, it’s obvious you’re incurious. Some of us are, however. Just step to the side.

That's funny, because I think the exact same thing about you. Especially since I asked you a point blank question that you're not answering for some reason.

The answer to the question I asked you is obviously, "no".

The answer you want from Jim, "I lied, I hate you all and I should be burned at the stake." isn't forthcoming nor should it be.

Go back to your food fights on Facebook and leave the rest of the discussionto those at the adult table.

Last edited:
Except it never occurred. As I already explained to you, an IME isn’t applicable here. In a work comp claim or PI issue, it is. You already demonstrated your lack of understanding.
Boy you’re an obstinate thing. People have provided you links showing executives undergoing medical exams. Has nothing to do with pi or comp. independent just means not one of Matta’s doctors. This isn’t hard nor is it some mystery that’s been unearthed. It’s common stuff

That's funny, because I think the exact same thing about you. Especially since I asked you a point blank question that you're not answering for some reason.

The answer to the question I asked you is obviously, "no".

The answer you want from Jim, "I lied, I hate you all and I should be burned at the stake." isn't forthcoming and nor should it be.

Go back to your food fights on Facebook and leave the rest of the discussionto those at the adult table.
You’re passionately defending something that was inaccurate, and should’ve been apparent to anyone of basic intelligence, Sorry you were so badly fooled.

Boy you’re an obstinate thing. People have provided you links showing executives undergoing medical exams. Has nothing to do with pi or comp. independent just means not one of Matta’s doctors. This isn’t hard nor is it some mystery that’s been unearthed. It’s common stuff
Persistence in the face of your dishonesty seems worth it, though. If it isn’t hard, why do you continue to get it wrong? It doesn’t happen in hires like this, and it didn’t happen here. It’s not WC or PI claim from some greasy lawyer. These deals don’t get done that way. You guys simply got this one wrong. Defending your ignorance seems kind of pointless, don’t you think?

I'm pretty sure that's why Jim came back and said, you know, it never occurred.

As for the IME in connection with a comp claim or PI - what the ---- are you talking about?? Lol. My goodness, this is too stupid. You don't even know how to apply - or more to the point, not apply, your own profession to this.

Insurance... lol. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt thinking you're a really bad HR rep or something. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
Persistence in the face of your dishonesty seems worth it, though. If it isn’t hard, why do you continue to get it wrong? It doesn’t happen in hires like this, and it didn’t happen here. It’s not. WC or PI claim from some greasy lawyer. These deals don’t get done that way. You guys simply got this one wrong. Defending your ignorance seems kind of pointless, don’t you think?
1. You were provided a link from a physicians group advertising executive medical exams. For ceos. Many CEOs make a hell of a lot more than Matta
2. Has nothing to do with comp or pi. Independent means not one of Matta’s doctors.
3. It’s clear what happened. His health was an issue. Maybe iu proposed an exam and Matta declined. Maybe a med exam never occurred bc matta knew he couldn’t pass it so he preemptively declined. Maybe they requested additional medicals and Matta came back and said this isn’t going to work. Maybe iu wanted an out clause. Maybe Matta wanted an out clause.
4. Yelling at whoever this Jim guy is for sharing what he knew is idiotic. Who gives a F? Was this going in your doctoral dissertation?

Persistence in the face of your dishonesty seems worth it, though. If it isn’t hard, why do you continue to get it wrong? It doesn’t happen in hires like this, and it didn’t happen here. It’s not WC or PI claim from some greasy lawyer. These deals don’t get done that way. You guys simply got this one wrong. Defending your ignorance seems kind of pointless, don’t you think?

Anytime you want to tell us why/how you know would be fine.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Anytime you want to tell us why/how you know would be fine.
Are you unfamiliar with Ordy here? He demands back up while providing none of his own, claims goalposts have been moved while his own are on rails and lives here simply to start circular arguments and suck in the gullible.

Ordfan V17 caught two fish here tonight and did...well..what he does.

Cannot believe you two got sucked into "Ordyland"

Reactions: hoosier8760
I'm pretty sure that's why Jim came back and said, you know, it never occurred.

As for the IME in connection with a comp claim or PI - what the ---- are you talking about?? Lol. My goodness, this is too stupid. You don't even know how to apply - or more to the point, not apply, your own profession to this.

Insurance... lol. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt thinking you're a really bad HR rep or something. 🤣🤣🤣
Since you came in late for reasons unknown, you missed some earlier ”arguments” by McMurtry and Earl, both of whom tried to equate this with lower level hires.

As for the rest of your little crusade, I sim
Are you unfamiliar with Ordy here? He demands back up while providing none of his own, claims goalposts have been moved while his own are on rails and lives here simply to start circular arguments and suck in the gullible.

So cute when you follow me around. Did you get sucked into the “he flunked a physical” nonsense, too? Do you even know what this is about?

Since you came in late for reasons unknown, you missed some earlier ”arguments” by McMurtry and Earl, both of whom tried to equate this with lower level hires.

As for the rest of your little crusade, I sim

So cute when you follow me around. Did you get sucked into the “he flunked a physical” nonsense, too? Do you even know what this is about?

You know damned well what my position was on that rumor Ordy...you read every one of my posts when your phone 'dings" and hang on my every word, responding either directly or via other posters. So predictable.

Amazing that those two guys got sucked into your little tickle fight last night...you will never get reinstated on the Football forum now lol.

Looking forward to your next epic drunken meltdown here, the last one following the PU loss was 24Karat entertainment.

Re bait that hook and go get 'em Ordy!

You know damned well what my position was on that rumor Ordy...you read every one of my posts when your phone 'dings" and hang on my every word, responding either directly or via other posters. So predictable.

Amazing that those two guys got sucked into your little tickle fight last night...you will never get reinstated on the Football forum now lol.

Looking forward to your next epic drunken meltdown here, the last one following the PU loss was 24Karat entertainment.

Re bait that hook and go get 'em Ordy!

Your insecurity really is cute. Can’t believe even you fell for the flunked a physical thing. But nothing surprises me after the PU revelation. Wow. And, reinstated on the football board? Have you ever read what gets posted there? It makes this place look like a think tank. Hard pass, though I’m sure you’re perfect there. But I’m still a little in shock. Wow.

DM’s, Jimmy? Could today be the day when you show some honor and keep your promise?

Yeah, that's what happened lol.
There is a reason everyone looks at this site and laughs. I’ve lost track, are you the 10th or 11th “insider” since the Peegs crew left? Zero credibility. Hack articles like your Matta article further prove that point.

I don't post on the free board very often (almost never) so I'm not familiar with the posters. But I do know of ordfan - nothing good or bad associates with that handle for me. I can't remember. It's been a long time. Long enough that there's no way I would have known this was him or what his MO is.

Even so, I shouldn't get sucked in like that.

Ah, trying to move the goalposts because you can’t defend your position. The tactic of the defeated. As you know, I said none of those things. Nice try, but yours is the “argument” of the weak. Sorry you were so badly fooled.
OK, well I guess I'm going to bed tonight defeated. Enjoy your evening.
There is a reason everyone looks at this site and laughs. I’ve lost track, are you the 10th or 11th “insider” since the Peegs crew left? Zero credibility. Hack articles like your Matta article further prove that point.
I do not use terms and have never used the term "insider." The only inaccuracy was how the word "physical" was given to me and used. It's semantics. Not that he would have been required to, If the statement had simply said "couldn't" instead of "didn't," it could not have been called inaccurate.. There is even more to the story. But I respect your opinion to believe what you wish. I do not know who the IU coach will be. But I do know who it will not be.

I don't post on the free board very often (almost never) so I'm not familiar with the posters. But I do know of ordfan - nothing good or bad associates with that handle for me. I can't remember. It's been a long time. Long enough that there's no way I would have known this was him or what his MO is.

Even so, I shouldn't get sucked in like that.
Ordfan is the troll that pretty much single handedly turned this place from the forum discussing IU athletics to the name calling sewer it is today. His 17 or 18 user names ran off most all of the good knowledgeable posters.

How along ago were you here? IUdanapoint, Helen dell, Kern County, Prankster mary and about 12 more now banned handles. He is still banned on the football board.

He sucks a lot of folks in, then they learn to either put him on ignore or just point and laugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seyton

Your insecurity really is cute. Can’t believe even you fell for the flunked a physical thing. But nothing surprises me after the PU revelation. Wow. And, reinstated on the football board? Have you ever read what gets posted there? It makes this place look like a think tank. Hard pass, though I’m sure you’re perfect there. But I’m still a little in shock. Wow.

DM’s, Jimmy? Could today be the day when you show some honor and keep your promise?

lol...I was well ahead of you in calling BS on the matta story. And far better composed.

Go fish'n Ordy.

troll'n troll'n troll'n yehaaaw!

The idiots need to let Dolson do his job! I would rather have him do it right than do it fast!

Part of doing things right is doing them within a reasonable time frame, don’t be silly! You can’t wait forever until a ‘just so’ coach is finely available!
Who makes that time frame? I have read your posts before you’re smarter than that 😁

• Sad
Reactions: Radio Zero
The idiots need to let Dolson do his job! I would rather have him do it right than do it fastIf he doesn't have someone
Part of doing things right is doing them within a reasonable time frame, don’t be silly! You can’t wait forever until a ‘just so’ coach is finely available!
Doslon needs to name someone by tomorrow. Anyone. Doesn't matter at this point who. pick a name out of a hat and announce it ffs.

Doslon needs to name someone by tomorrow. Anyone. Doesn't matter at this point who. pick a name out of a hat and announce it ffs.
No he needs to take his time and make the right pick! Dat’s money Dude!

I completely disagree, he's a very good coach. Also, he did not turn Indiana down. He removed himself from consideration for what I was told were non basketball reasons.
i think you've been told quite a bit that wasn't true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT