ADVERTISEMENT

FEMA

Reactions: 76-1
Apparently the police convinced him to go to a shelter. Good thing.

3bd642d1-97ed-4419-9170-bd83c61f02c7_text.gif

I happened to be about 15 miles outside of Asheville when this hit. I have NEVER seen anything like this before. Yes, I've seen all the footage of Katrina, but this was absolutely the craziest thing I have ever witnessed. The highways were all closed. The airport was closed. Well water is pumped with electricity, so there was no water, no power, no cell service, no way of communicating, no way of getting gas. Even the police had no service.

The amazing thing was the community coming together to help one another. Several of mom's neighbors are MAGAs, and at the same time, there are many liberals just outside Asheville (Asheville is a blue island in a red sea). Nevertheless, everyone came together. People who had generators knocked on my mom's door asking if they needed to get her drinking water. I have never seen the damage I saw and I hope I never see it again. Candle light as soon as the sun went down, no showers for 4 days, getting water to FLUSH THE TOILETS from a hot tub.

No one could get down the highways because huge trees and debris was all over the roads. Cars piled on top of cars. Enormous trees fell on top of homes, places were swept away by the water. This is the 5th most deadly storms in U.S. history and will soon be the 4th. I saw Chinook after Chinook helicopters leaving the airport delivering supplies.

Why are MAGAs the biggest complainers about EVERYTHING? So now FEMAs funding is the problem? No one could even get down the highway. And I can say, how on earth can they get to everyone? Believe me, they tried. I was so impressed by the community effort. I'm so tired of the pathetic whiners.

https://www.aol.com/helene-numbers-much-rain-fell-192349603.html
I bet your mom was happy to see the grandkids.. oh wait😔

Yeah...one of those flight school kids...probably just got the job.

Gets a call at 2am...."Hey...we need you to get over to Love Field and fly one of the Citations down to Los Mochis ASAP and pick up some dudes". 😄

We roll up...he looks nervous as hell...looking around sheepishly. Think some jet had gotten "stolen" there a couple weeks before. He was wheels up within 5 mins of us getting there. 😄
I'd have been more nervous about flying with a rookie like that.

Still, it worked and you have one helluva story to tell. That would make a great movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
Best wishes for your family.

Did your family have any warning how bad it could be?
Thank you. I think there was no one who imagined how bad it could become. The Republican Governor congressmen . And if you’re going political, it went from Florida to South Carolina to North Carolina to Tennessee, to even southern Indiana.
I bet your mom was happy to see the grandkids.. oh wait😔
Huh?

I understand people hating Donald Trump personally. But I would like to ask Dick Cheney what he disagrees with policy wise with him? Does Cheney really think we will be safer in the world and that the economy will do better with VP Harris?
Are you so dumb that you do not understand that all these Republicans simply see that he’s unfit for the office - especially Commander in Chief? They and I have explained this very clearly.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Are you so dumb that you do not understand that all these Republicans simply see that he’s unfit for the office - especially Commander in Chief? They and I have explained this very clearly.
Ahhhhh yes let’s go with cheney wooohooooo. A self-dealing prick who promoted a false narrative and got thousands of Americans needlessly killed. 🤣🤣🤣. Those republicans are such a great group of guys. Very credible. But trump. Please. Too bad we can’t get the miserable daughter in office and attack. Someone. Anyone.

I believe VPN supports trump because he can see the image of his God in Trump's words and deeds. Both stand for morales over kindness and righteousness over honesty. The opposite of the heathen Democrats and their satanic government social welfare programs.

I believe VPN supports trump because he can see the image of his God in Trump's words and deeds. Both stand for morales over kindness and righteousness over honesty. The opposite of the heathen Democrats and their satanic government social welfare programs.
Some religious zealots are speculating that Trump is the Antichrist. I don’t believe it but it makes much more sense than the idea that he’s chosen by God.

That’s funny right there. Trump should use that as his motto.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT