ADVERTISEMENT

FEMA

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
This may be the next debacle. Allegedly running short on cash for the hurricane response. Spent a fortune on migrant sheltering. Maybe it’s earmarked, dedicated spending etc. We’ll have to see how this plays out. Couple this with the ports and it could be a rough month for Dems

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: ulrey and Lucy01
This may be the next debacle. Allegedly running short on cash for the hurricane response. Spent a fortune on migrant sheltering. Maybe it’s earmarked, dedicated spending etc. We’ll have to see how this plays out. Couple this with the ports and it could be a rough month for Dems
Maybe a FEMA tax on attorneys? I think it’s a political win 😂

When I think about this, the overwhelming problems, and the overwhelming incompetence by our highest government officials, I just want to throw up. Is there any chain of command in place at the federal level? FEMA is a Mayorkas agency and the guy is absent. Maybe a good thing because he is incompetent. And he spent $1B on “asylum seekers” now is short of money.

Anybody who fought his impeachment ought to apologize to every hurricane victim. “Heck of a job” Brownie is a Denver talk show host now. Biden should recruit him to take over.

When I think about this, the overwhelming problems, and the overwhelming incompetence by our highest government officials, I just want to throw up. Is there any chain of command in place at the federal level? FEMA is a Mayorkas agency and the guy is absent. Maybe a good thing because he is incompetent. And he spent $1B on “asylum seekers” now is short of money.

Anybody who fought his impeachment ought to apologize to every hurricane victim. “Heck of a job” Brownie is a Denver talk show host now. Biden should recruit him to take over.
Again I don’t know what dollars are restricted etc but if they aren’t and that’s where they went and appropriations aren’t fast this will get ugly

Again I don’t know what dollars are restricted etc but if they aren’t and that’s where they went and appropriations aren’t fast this will get ugly
I keep thinking if Trump were in office, he would put on his construction manager hard hat and start in on the phones. This coordinated supply and logistics stuff is in his wheel house. I’m thinking of a dying Rush Limbaughs story of how Trump phoned the necessary people to get him to the SOTU.

Even from the outside Musk and Trump are getting internet to these areas.

• Haha
Reactions: Harry Hondo
I keep thinking if Trump were in office, he would put on his construction manager hard hat and start in on the phones. This coordinated supply and logistics stuff is in his wheel house. I’m thinking of a dying Rush Limbaughs story of how Trump phoned the necessary people to get him to the SOTU.

I don’t know if trump is but musk certainly is on it

Trump has only worn a hard hat for the cameras. And in case you haven’t heard, a lot of his business ventures have gone belly up over the past 50 years.

Trump has only worn a hard hat for the cameras. And in case you haven’t heard, a lot of his business ventures have gone belly up over the past 50 years.
I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about the skill set to GC a big construction project.

He’d organize a paper towel toss like nobody’s ever seen before.

Reactions: UncleMark
Possibly Zelenski needed another mansion. Or more likely, they don't want the red areas of NC and GA to vote.

Reactions: Lucy01

Mumbling Joe shows up a week late (in GA not NC) and several billion dollars short while FEMA says they're out of money because they've over spent on perks for illegals...

Anyone who votes for these clowns (the Democrats) again needs to have their heads examined...

Rescue teams are roaming the NC hills on foot while potential helicopter support from active duty military units remain in un-utilized (only national guard units are operational at the moment...)

This boondoggle is starting to make the Katrina response look like a well run operation...

What should be an All Hands on Deck National Emergency Full Response is basically being slow rolled by all those but the volunteer outfits from all across the country who are pitching in to actually get things done...

If this is what can be expected from FEMA we're all basically on our own in the next emergency because those jokers clearly can't be counted on...

Mumbling Joe shows up a week late (in GA not NC) and several billion dollars short while FEMA says they're out of money because they've over spent on perks for illegals...

Anyone who votes for these clowns (the Democrats) again needs to have their heads examined...

Rescue teams are roaming the NC hills on foot while potential helicopter support from active duty military units remain in un-utilized (only national guard units are operational at the moment...)

This boondoggle is starting to make the Katrina response look like a well run operation...

What should be an All Hands on Deck National Emergency Full Response is basically being slow rolled by all those but the volunteer outfits from all across the country who are pitching in to actually get things done...

If this is what can be expected from FEMA we're all basically on our own in the next emergency because those jokers clearly can't be counted on...
Put Biden and Harris on the jackasses they’re using. Poetic. Be a good political ad

Reactions: 76-1
Reactions: dbmhoosier
I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about the skill set to GC a big construction project.
As someone who knows several construction managers, I can absolutely guarantee that Trump does not have those skills. Trump is an owner. He could very well have the skills to be a step above that and manage the construction managers of several projects, but that is from the high level / make sure everybody is getting paid kind of organization. He would be telling others to get on the phones and get things organized. At the end of the day, that might still get the job done, but Trump would not be the one with boots on the ground with the daily minutia like a construction manager does.

If you're really going to sort this out, take a look at what happened after Katrina when the Republican feds wanted to send in the feds to assist, but the local/state officials declined to formally request federal assistance.

As I understood it at the time, the feds are not automatically permitted to butt in to take over a state disaster. They have to wait for the governor or other official to ask them. Might be wrong.

Trump is a one-man rescue team when there is a natural disaster:
_98131106_tv042165880.jpg.webp

He gets right down there in the mud with all the poor downtrodden miserables and doesn't even break a fingernail ... thinking about them:

Trump is a one-man rescue team when there is a natural disaster:
_98131106_tv042165880.jpg.webp

He gets right down there in the mud with all the poor downtrodden miserables and doesn't even break a fingernail ... thinking about them:
Musk is voting for him. The one bringing vital connectivity.

What progressive policies do you like?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT