ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana/Northwestern Prediction Thread

I went back and watched the Duke-Northwestern game that went to OT with Duke winning. Duke is also 5-0.
That game was a plethora of turnovers, miscues and some pretty sloppy play.
The NW running back is good, Porter, if he’s playing (been out some games). The QB, Lausch, we need to put all types of UCLA game type pressure on him and rattle him early and often. He was 8-27 last game.

INDIANA 24
NW 23

1 OT

Our 1st ultra-serious Big Ten Test...

Ugly game, just like NW loves it...

NW will most likely fight like a cornered animal knowing that making anything of their season completely hinges on their winning this game...

They've had an extra week to prepare...
I expect we'll see some Real Adversity to be faced this time out...

//(Hope I'm wrong and we Win by 80+)//

Last edited:
INDIANA 24
NW 23

1 OT

Out 1st ultra-serious Big Ten Test...
Ugly game, just like NW loves it...
NW will most likely fight like a cornered animal knowing that making anything of their season completely hinges on their winning this game... They've had an extra week to prepare...
I expect we'll see some Real Adversity to be faced this time out...

//(Hope I'm wrong and we Win by 80+)//
Good contrarian take here imo. Games like this usually happen at some point during the year when you don't expect it.

I don't think this will be close. They have a terrible offense and we have a pretty good defense, ranked 8th overall. They're only averaging 17.3 points a game and have played a pretty weak schedule. They're terrible on 3rd down at 27%, and they can't pass, with only 158 yards per game in the air. I do not see them eclipsing their average, and I think that as long as we don't give up any late scores, we could hold them to single digit points or shut them out. They scored 5 points last week at UW. I think we are better than UW, even though they have more talent, due to them coming off their amazing season last year that ended with so many players and coaches leaving or going pro. We will put that theory to the test in Bloomington soon enough.

Nobody has slowed down our offense yet, and NU doesn't have an amazing D. They're statistically decent, ranked 31st overall, but they haven't played anyone remotely close to us. We are going to score over 30 points on them for sure. It's supposed to be in the high 70's and sunny, with 10-20 MPH winds, at kickoff. That wind won't affect our Canuck gunslinger one iota. We score early and often and this becomes a laugher quickly. Coach Cig won't let up though, as he's striving for much more than just a win at NU Saturday. Backups come in for most of the 4th and we only score once, but we don't give up a TD to them and win 41-6.

Take the over, take the points, and take Rourke for over 250 yards passing. That bet has hit for 4 straight weeks and I fully expect it to hit again on Saturday. Vegas still doesn't know what to do with us, so make some hay while you can, because they'll figure us out eventually. They have this as a 28-13 IU win basically, and they are way off base on that.

tl;dr

Hoosiers 41
Wildcats 6

Last edited:
IU 48
NW 3
Cignetti's foot gets heavier on the gas insuring the over bets.
NW D a minor nuisance as IU dominates the LOS both ways while rotating lots of personnel wearing down Cats early in the 2nd half. IU D doesn't only defend consistently but scores twice.
A good practice leading up to Huskers.
That 1 will be the GOTW in the B1G.

Last edited:
Wait.. sarcasm? I heard that NU’s pass defense is ranked 80th, while IU’s pass offense is #1. That looks like a 400 yard day for Rourke and 5-6 touchdowns through the air.
I didn’t say they’re Ohio State. I said they’re the best D we will have faced to date.

Look up total D, scoring D, rushing D, third down conversion D and some other defensive categories. Who’s better among our other opponents so far?

Reactions: red hornet
I feel really good about this one....not WIU level good but better than FIU; HOWEVER, my superstition requires this prediction so bear with me and thank me later....

NU - 14
IU -13

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT