ADVERTISEMENT

FBI warned Trump about the Russians last summer

Boy was the FBI naive. Trump says, "No one can spy on us, we've got the greatest campaign ever," while thinking, they're not infiltrating and spying if we invite them in.

Reactions: meridian
Trump is the smartest person who has lived on earth in the last 1000 years. He is an absolute genius.

I lie..

Told him they would probably try to spy on and infiltrate his campaign, and he should report any suspicious contacts to them.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ans-would-try-infiltrate-his-campaign-n830596

This makes all the contacts after this point even more suspect. They clearly weren’t bumbling idiots that “didn’t know the rules” of politics/campaigns.

They knew the Russians were trying to infiltrate them, and continued to make multiple outreaches. Even going as far as trying to set up a back channel for communications outside of government channels.

Every day the picture becomes clearer and clearer. And the pieces are starting to reveal themselves. The next step is to put those pieces together. I suspect Mueller’s team has a lot more of that puzzle complete than we can imagine right now.

And, we’ve got a predictable whataboutism attempt. From a usual suspect. It was a joke awol. And if you were joking, that was a really chitty attempt at humor man.

Clearly the FBI wasn’t naive. And, HRC’s team didn’t actively try to coordinate with the Russians after the warning from the campaign. It’s funny that some on the right are basically claiming that HRC and her team worked with the Russians somehow. That conspiracy theory basically says that HRC’s campaign colluded with the Russians- to defeat herself ;).

Reactions: Sope Creek
Told him they would probably try to spy on and infiltrate his campaign, and he should report any suspicious contacts to them.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ans-would-try-infiltrate-his-campaign-n830596
Too late with that warning as Paul Maniford, the campaign manager was giving the Russians weekly briefings but I suppose that was all on Paul and had no connection to Trump. It is incredible to me that Fox News and Trump characterize this as a witchhunt and people seem to buy it.

I’d be delighted if I am wrong about Trump but how will we know if he stops the investigation before it’s conclusion. He looks incredibly compromised to me but maybe I’m wrong about him?

Too late with that warning as Paul Maniford, the campaign manager was giving the Russians weekly briefings but I suppose that was all on Paul and had no connection to Trump. It is incredible to me that Fox News and Trump characterize this as a witchhunt and people seem to buy it.

I’d be delighted if I am wrong about Trump but how will we know if he stops the investigation before it’s conclusion. He looks incredibly compromised to me but maybe I’m wrong about him?
If he stops the investigation, he is admitting the guilt.

Naive you say? Yes yes they were. They believed HRC as well.
You are truly pathetic! Either that, you have hots for HRC!
Here, we are talking about Trump, and you bring in Hillary!
I have news for you. Charles Manson was guilty too! Does that make Trump not guilty?:(

Last edited:
They knew the Russians were trying to infiltrate them, and continued to make multiple outreaches. Even going as far as trying to set up a back channel for communications outside of government channels.
My hunch is that there are three parallel tracks here.

1. Trump is compromised to the Russians because of his past dealings, so he tries to minimize everything Russian.
2. Various of his underlings, more or less oblivious to #1, were trying to take advantage of whatever they could, including contacts with the Russians, to get Trump elected. Each underling was either criminal (Manafort, Flynn...) and knew or too naive (Don Jr, Kushner...) to know that their actions were illegal. When Trump became apprised of any help, he ran with it or not. In the case of the Hillary email dump, he ran with it. How much Trump even paid attention to the shenanigans of his underlings is dubious and might be why he's not in any hurry to fire Mueller -- he'll let anyone go down, including his son, if they did something wrong.
3. Trump hates the notion that the Russians interfered because he feels like that diminishes or tarnishes his victory.

Whether Mueller can disentangle all this is the question.

Reactions: sglowrider
Former Intel chief: Putin is handling Trump like 'an asset'
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...l-chief-putin-is-handling-trump-like-an-asset

Clapper took aim at the news that Putin called Trump on Sunday to thank him and the CIA for sharing information that helped prevent a terrorist attack in St. Petersburg, describing the move as a "rather theatric gesture."
He said the U.S. and Russia have shared such intelligence "for a long time" and it seemed over the top for Putin to call Trump "for something that goes on below the radar and is not all that visible.

hcZXLw.jpg

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT