ADVERTISEMENT

FBI Report on Jan 6

Just politics....as we continue to spiral

This was pretty clear on January 7. This was more like a sit-in than an insurrection. The Democrats and the media have done their level best to blow this out of proportion. Unfortunately most of that has stuck.

This was pretty clear on January 7. This was more like a sit-in than an insurrection. The Democrats and the media have done their level best to blow this out of proportion. Unfortunately most of that has stuck.
Sit-in.
LOL

It was a riot. Not a concerted attempt to overthrow the government. As noted by the fbi. These people were really stupid bulk. That they found dc was somewhat of a miracle in and of itself. One judge noted that a defendant before him thought he was at the White House.
Hey, don't tell me, tell Mr. Sit-in.
:rolleyes:

Right. Trump is still guilty of essentially yelling fire in a crowded movie theater though.
Who asked for the rally? Who kept talking about the steal? Who asked for the crowd to march to the Capital? It's unfair to ask those people to be able to be able to "nuance" out what is fact and what is compete bs. Too bad people had to die not knowing the difference. Since we want to talk about blame being 100% on Biden for Afghanistan then Trump deserved all the blame for 1/6, which to me is the most divisive event in my lifetime.

BTW the Arizona recount is supposed to be announced in the next week-for real this time!

Who asked for the rally? Who kept talking about the steal? Who asked for the crowd to march to the Capital? It's unfair to ask those people to be able to be able to "nuance" out what is fact and what is compete bs. Too bad people had to die not knowing the difference. Since we want to talk about blame being 100% on Biden for Afghanistan then Trump deserved all the blame for 1/6, which to me is the most divisive event in my lifetime.

BTW the Arizona recount is supposed to be announced in the next week-for real this time!
This is a great point.

There is no way most of those people are even in DC if Trump hadn't ramped things up with his followers at rallies, on TV and on his social media platforms. As mentioned in a previous post in this thread, one of the Capitol rioters was dumb enough to think he was at the White House. I don't think it's likely that someone that stupid would think beyond binary terms.

Trump was - or is - their hero. Every sensible person was rightfully concerned that with Trump ratcheting up his crazy rhetoric people like this would do something dangerous in his honor. None of the rioters were at the Capitol on January 6 for any other reason than they thought they were doing right by Trump.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
That’s an amazing and pitiful statement. I can’t imagine allowing that event burden my mind to that extent.

Two-thirds of Southern Republicans say they support breaking away from the U.S. and forming their own country with nearby states, while nearly half of Democrats on the West Coast would do the same.

A 66 percent majority of Republicans in 13 Southern states including Texas and Florida are in favor of seceding from the union, according to a poll released Wednesday by Bright Line Watch. Half of all independents in the South agreed, while only 20 percent of Southern Democrats were on board.

• Haha
Reactions: jet812
This is a great point.

There is no way most of those people are even in DC if Trump hadn't ramped things up with his followers at rallies, on TV and on his social media platforms. As mentioned in a previous post in this thread, one of the Capitol rioters was dumb enough to think he was at the White House. I don't think it's likely that someone that stupid would think beyond binary terms.

Trump was - or is - their hero. Every sensible person was rightfully concerned that with Trump ratcheting up his crazy rhetoric people like this would do something dangerous in his honor. None of the rioters were at the Capitol on January 6 for any other reason than they thought they were doing right by Trump.

You mean like shooting an unarmed women in the neck with no warning?

It was a riot. Not a concerted attempt to overthrow the government. As noted by the fbi. These people were really stupid bulk. That they found dc was somewhat of a miracle in and of itself. One judge noted that a defendant before him thought he was at the White House.
I appreciate that you are being the voice of reason, But Jan. 6 Actually it fits some of the definitions of seditious conspiracy which I underlined:

§2384. Seditious conspiracy​

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; July 24, 1956, ch. 678, §1, 70 Stat. 623; Pub. L. 103–322,title XXXIII, §330016(1)(N), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

The Jan. 6 idiots used force to oppose Congress' authority to count electoral votes, used force to delay and hinder Congress' counting of electoral votes and used force to seize and take possession of the U.S.

Last edited:
I appreciate that you are being the voice of reason, But Jan. 6 Actually it fits some of the definitions of seditious conspiracy which I underlined:

§2384. Seditious conspiracy​

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; July 24, 1956, ch. 678, §1, 70 Stat. 623; Pub. L. 103–322,title XXXIII, §330016(1)(N), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

The Jan. 6 idiots used force to oppose Congress' authority to count electoral votes, used force to delay and hinder Congress' counting of electoral votes and used force to seize and take possession of the U.S.
Lol.

Reactions: DANC and jet812
do you think you found a stat that the doj is unaware of? No sedition charges. I know you just want to act like it was so so bad. The gov was being overthrown. FBI. Doj. Say no
It fits the statute, prosecutorial discretion notwithstanding. Your excuse sounds more like Gerald Ford's excuse than an actual treatise by a legal expert.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
It fits the statute, prosecutorial discretion notwithstanding. Your excuse sounds more like Gerald Ford's excuse than an actual treatise by a legal expert.
Well let's see. We can trust the Fbi, Doj, and dispositions that are misdemeanors and slaps on the wrist or your legal opinion. You just want Jan 6 to be so much more than it was. Unfortunately for you the charging parties and actual investigative parties aren't finding much there. At least you have pelosi and the squad to try to keep breathing air into it

Reactions: DANC
Well let's see. We can trust the Fbi, Doj, and dispositions that are misdemeanors and slaps on the wrist or your legal opinion. You just want Jan 6 to be so much more than it was. Unfortunately for you the charging parties and actual investigative parties aren't finding much there. At least you have pelosi and the squad to try to keep breathing air into it.
Everybody see this?

He now says he trusts "the Fbi, Doj, and dispositions that are misdemeanors and slaps on the wrist" (which are all part of prosecutorial discretion). He never once denies that the undisputed actions I posted fit the verbiage of the statute I posted.

Have a good day McMurtry.

the-5-ds-of-dodgeball-dodge-duck-dip-dive-and-dodge.jpg

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Everybody see this?

He now says he trusts "the Fbi, Doj, and dispositions that are misdemeanors and slaps on the wrist" (which are all part of prosecutorial discretion). He never once denies that the undisputed actions I posted fit the verbiage of the statute I posted.

Have a good day McMurtry.

the-5-ds-of-dodgeball-dodge-duck-dip-dive-and-dodge.jpg
Good grief. You have no clue what went into the charging docs. You don't know any of the facts as they relate to individuals. You don't know how to apply facts to the law. You just want so badly for this to be a massive story that goes on into perpetuity. You want these peoples' lives to be ruined. Remember when you were so excited hoping they'd be fired.

Doj, FBI gave you a dose of reality not found in the huffpost.

Carry on.

It's amazing to me that the Republicans now think the FBI makes reasonable decisions.

For years we heard they were just another librul arm of the Democrat party. They surely can't be telling us they now believe their investigations after clearly lying to protect Hilary.

Good grief. You have no clue what went into the charging docs. You don't know any of the facts as they relate to individuals. You don't know how to apply facts to the law. You just want so badly for this to be a massive story that goes on into perpetuity. You want these peoples' lives to be ruined. Remember when you were so excited hoping they'd be fired.

Doj, FBI gave you a dose of reality not found in the huffpost.

Carry on.
And, instead of common sense, restraint from personal attacks and rational disproof of what I posted, you give us a cartoon version of yourself:
goodgrief.gif

Come on, McMurtry. Get back to what you were doing before.

It's amazing to me that the Republicans now think the FBI makes reasonable decisions.

For years we heard they were just another librul arm of the Democrat party. They surely can't be telling us they now believe their investigations after clearly lying to protect Hilary.
And there it is. Have we figured out that we are living in a divide and conquer moment in time. Our effing Government is using us all as disposable. No D, No R, No I, no LGBTQxyz123 ... WE.

And, instead of common sense, restraint from personal attacks and rational disproof of what I posted, you give us a cartoon version of yourself:
goodgrief.gif

Come on, McMurtry. Get back to what you were doing before.
Gibberish. The fbi found nothing coordinated and there are no sedition charges. The Jan 6 hearings were political theatre. They are legislators, not investigators. The people who investigate for a living found none of the things that you want so badly to exist.

Gibberish. The fbi found nothing coordinated and there are no sedition charges. The Jan 6 hearings were political theatre. They are legislators, not investigators. The people who investigate for a living found none of the things that you want so badly to exist.
Absolutely not gibberish. But have a good day, anyway.

Reactions: billyhillui
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT