ADVERTISEMENT

F1 - 2024 Season

It’s about to get weird. Guessing Lewis is thinking Ferrari has as good of a shot at nailing the 26 regs as Merc. And that he may as well see what he looks like in red. Oh and I’m sure the $$ is going to be pretty good too.
Ferrari haven't had a driver like Lewis since Schumacher.

I truly believe that, from a driver's persepctive relative to vehicle setup, nobody knows more than Lewis except Fernando and Max.

he might provide a tremendous benefit to their overall performance. AGree on Serra leaving Merc over an engineering disagreement. I think Lewis believes Merc are on the wrong path and he's only got 3-5 good years left.

He'll be a beast at Ferrari. Especially if he can poach Bono.

Ferrari haven't had a driver like Lewis since Schumacher.

I truly believe that, from a driver's persepctive relative to vehicle setup, nobody knows more than Lewis except Fernando and Max.

he might provide a tremendous benefit to their overall performance. AGree on Serra leaving Merc over an engineering disagreement. I think Lewis believes Merc are on the wrong path and he's only got 3-5 good years left.

He'll be a beast at Ferrari. Especially if he can poach Bono.

F1 is a weird sport. People tend to be fans of not only drivers, but also teams. If you're around long enough you'll inevitably find your favorite driver aligned with a different team. Or a "hated" driver joining you favorite team. It was plenty odd to me when Vettel came to Ferrari. It's bizarre that Lewis is coming. It'd be disconcerting if my current favorite, Leclerc, were to go to Red Bull or Mercedes.

Drivers come and go, but Ferrari will always be Ferrari. Sometimes regrettably.

Reactions: FrankTGucker
F1 is a weird sport. People tend to be fans of not only drivers, but also teams. If you're around long enough you'll inevitably find your favorite driver aligned with a different team. Or a "hated" driver joining you favorite team. It was plenty odd to me when Vettel came to Ferrari. It's bizarre that Lewis is coming. It'd be disconcerting if my current favorite, Leclerc, were to go to Red Bull or Mercedes.

Drivers come and go, but Ferrari will always be Ferrari. Sometimes regrettably.
Ferrari needed to do something to qualify P1. A reinvigorated Lewis may be enough.

Shumacher had a reputation for liking twitchy setups … but usually got the most out of them … the flying colors of Benetton folded soon after Ferrari poached him.

Reactions: larsIU
Say Frank … perhaps it’s time for 2024 F1 thread … now that many F1 hopefuls left 24 hour of Daytona

Haven’t had a chance to read about it yet, other than a crappy AI article that said a bunch of nothing.
No many details beyond he allegdly sent some sort of unwanted photos to a RB team member. Probably this one:

p5QUIgp.jpeg

I'm probably completely wrong because F1 is such a completely bizarre and eff'd up circus, but I'd have to think that if he was getting canned it would have been done by now. This whole delay seems like RB getting their narrative straight so as to justify their decision to keep him on.

For the record, I have no idea what he allegedly did, or whether he should or shouldn't go.

I'm probably completely wrong because F1 is such a completely bizarre and eff'd up circus, but I'd have to think that if he was getting canned it would have been done by now. This whole delay seems like RB getting their narrative straight so as to justify their decision to keep him on.

For the record, I have no idea what he allegedly did, or whether he should or shouldn't go.
It was interesting that Farley at Ford made a statement a couple of days ago about the lack of transparency in the process. I would be shocked if he was fired but like everyone else, I have no idea what happened.

Red Bull being a private company makes it a bit more immune from public blow back as well imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank Reardon
Uh oh. Somebody sent out the google drive of Horner’s horndog shit.

Guess RB should have offered more than 650k (allegedly).

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT