ADVERTISEMENT

F1 - 2024 Season

Merc started to figure something out after the "mid" season break last year. Should be more competitive this year.

Are Merc replacing the stupid sidepods or will ZEE CHERMANS remain stubborn in their rightness (to be fair, they usually end up being right)

Merc started to figure something out after the "mid" season break last year. Should be more competitive this year.

Are Merc replacing the stupid sidepods or will ZEE CHERMANS remain stubborn in their rightness (to be fair, they usually end up being right)
Agreed on the competitiveness factor, certainly hope so.

In no particular order, here’s what I’m looking forward to:

Can Ferrari and Leclerc challenge RB and Max

If RB is challenged will the situation between the two drivers blow up

Will Russell beat Lewis again and cement his status as Merc’s #1

Alonzo the God at Aston. A lot of investment being made in that team, will they improve or will the situation blow up and become a disaster

How glorious will Bottas’s mullet get

Speaking of glorious, is the Gulf livery making a comeback

How will the rookies do? Which will perform best

Vegas night race

The two frenchmen on the french team bumping heads

Can McLaren improve or will the car still be a tractor

Reactions: larsIU
Ford rebadging Honda/Red Bulls good.

Cadillac rebadging Renaults bad.

I think I got it.

I would’ve copied Red Bull. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I wouldn’t be shocked if Merc doesn’t show up with something different in testing like last year.

Aston was developing at a great pace last year. Slower than a brick Saturday but race pace was impressive.

Not much has changed.

Red Bull looks best. Ferrari is still pretty good. Merc still isn’t good. Aston might’ve made a step. Mclaren looks like 💩

Reactions: FrankTGucker
El Plan?

Horner said the Aston isn’t far off them and Merc and Ferrari have admitted it’s extremely close, if not better, on race runs.

• Love
1 lap pace, sure. But I think race pace is pretty well known. Nobody can touch RB.

1 lap pace, sure. But I think race pace is pretty well known. Nobody can touch RB.
DiligentInexperiencedHarvestmen-max-1mb.gif

Alonso, if he's up there, is going to become all the Max fanbois Public Enemy #1 once he punts Max about 5 times.

That'd be OK with me. Honestly, I could see Max winning 16 races this season. I think it's going to be a romp. Unless Mercedes is hiding something I don't see anyone challenging. I'm not buying into the Aston Martin thing yet.

That'd be OK with me. Honestly, I could see Max winning 16 races this season. I think it's going to be a romp. Unless Mercedes is hiding something I don't see anyone challenging. I'm not buying into the Aston Martin thing yet.
Merc ain't hiding anything other than their failures. They're probably waiting for the new engine regs and confusion in 2025

I think their engine is fine (look at AM) but the aero design is flawed and they keep trying to make it work. should have shelved it last yar and started over but alas no

Reactions: Hank Reardon
Aston pretty much copied the Red Bull halfway through last year and was really solid by years end. I think they have genuine pace.

Merc ain't hiding anything other than their failures. They're probably waiting for the new engine regs and confusion in 2025

I think their engine is fine (look at AM) but the aero design is flawed and they keep trying to make it work. should have shelved it last yar and started over but alas no
They seem to have gone balls deep into the no sidepod design. Surprised they doubled down on in this past offseason

They seem to have gone balls deep into the no sidepod design. Surprised they doubled down on in this past offseason
I think Merc are purposefully sacrificing one lap pace for race pace

The “anti” Ferrari

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT