ADVERTISEMENT

F1 - 2024 Season

Ferrari sucks this season. I don't know what to say about this one. They couldn't even keep pace with mercedes. Oh well. At least I can give up on the season early and just watch with befuddled amusement, rather that futile hope.
2016 is gonna seem like Nirvana compared to this. Hell, so will 2020.

Congrats to RB and Max on their championships.

I’ll be watching IndyCar

I’ll be watching IndyCar
So it’s championship race or nothing for you? Not judging just asking.

I see that as the major storyline yes, but plenty of other things to follow

I’ll be watching IndyCar

I've been an IndyCar fan since the 1970's which obviously is a long time. I can enjoy the races, but the championship iteself is rather meaninless to me. Almost the reverse of F1. IndyCar seems almost too random for my tastes these days. The frequent full course yellows and closed pits insure that the field gets constantly jumbled up, so building any sort of lead early is meaningless. It's just feels like luck as to who happens to find themselves in front at the end.

And far too many dive bomb punts into the barriers with no ramifications. I guess lots of people like this, and it can be fun to watch on a race by race basis, but it's hard to get wrapped up in a championship battle when there's just so much shithousery going on.

I watch though. But I'm not invested in any outcomes. I would like to see Grosjean win a race. Had a shot a couple of weeks back, but...punted by McLaughlin.

Reactions: FrankTGucker
So it’s championship race or nothing for you? Not judging just asking.

I see that as the major storyline yes, but plenty of other things to follow
Not really. But when there is no competition for any driver, it's dumb. The FIA really shot themsevles in the dick with these regs.

The conspiracy theorest would say they are working exactly as intended. But never contribute to malice that which can can be contributed to incompetency I aways say.

The problem is now that teams with unlmited (or nearly) budgets are F*CKED (ferrari, Mercedes) while one of them (RB) nailed the regs. In olden golden years, Ferrari and Merc could jsut spend their way out of the problem. But F1 apparently wants to be spec racing series without being a spec racing series.

Long live teh Hypercar/LMDh in endurance.

It's not that Merc isn't winning. Shit they didn't do that last year. But they could improve the car and Ferrari was fun b/c they were competitive. Let's make it very clear, barring accidents, RB will win every race this year by 10+ seconds over each other and probably 20-30 seconds over their competition. Which is cool for RB fans (until it isn't, wait until they have to defend Max like Merc fans had to defend Lewis i.e. "It's the car. Russell is faster. Shamilton", blah blah blah). Though, of course, that's prefereable to Merc and Ferrari's situation.

Let's face it, DTS exists the b/c the competition (whether it was Merc or RB) is not really a competition anymore. This is like one long ass race at Monaco this season. We already now who won poll and now we're just hoping for failuire. What a shit way to watch a race.

And yes, I know this all applied to Merc from 2014 to 2020 but these regs were supposed to improve racing (which arguably it has) but it sure as hell hasn't improved competition.

I've been an IndyCar fan since the 1970's which obviously is a long time. I can enjoy the races, but the championship iteself is rather meaninless to me. Almost the reverse of F1. IndyCar seems almost too random for my tastes these days. The frequent full course yellows and closed pits insure that the field gets constantly jumbled up, so building any sort of lead early is meaningless. It's just feels like luck as to who happens to find themselves in front at the end.

And far too many dive bomb punts into the barriers with no ramifications. I guess lots of people like this, and it can be fun to watch on a race by race basis, but it's hard to get wrapped up in a championship battle when there's just so much shithousery going on.

I watch though. But I'm not invested in any outcomes. I would like to see Grosjean win a race. Had a shot a couple of weeks back, but...punted by McLaughlin.
McLaughlin - f'n supercars drivers amirite?

But, at least you don't know who is going to win every week. Also, no traction control and no ABS on shitt circuits is at least entertaining.

F1 is still the pinnacle but I find myself gravitating more and more to endurance racing. B/c, let's face it, what's happening in F1 right now is going to be status quo until 2026.

Agreed on the randomness of Indycar, and even the 500 over the past several years.

Weird session. Cold temps had people running multiple laps just for temp. Not sure Merc is actually improved…just think it was all weather/tire temp related.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT