ADVERTISEMENT

F1 - 2024 Season

I looked through all the files. I don't think that was a dick. Looked more like a finger. The text messages were embarrassing though.
Wasn’t exactly a smoking gun as far as I could tell. Though he’s going to have some issues with Ginger Spice. Should not be surprising to her since he left his pregnant wife to get with her.

It has been fun to read the conspiracies saying the leak was done by Helmut or Jos though

Reactions: Hank Reardon
Wasn’t exactly a smoking gun as far as I could tell. Though he’s going to have some issues with Ginger Spice. Should not be surprising to her since he left his pregnant wife to get with her.

It has been fun to read the conspiracies saying the leak was done by Helmut or Jos though
Erik Van Haren

Look no further. Guy has to do something to rehab his rep.

Reactions: FrankTGucker
Two things.

1. Does Perez really suck this ****ing bad? Worse than Bottas alongside Hamilton.

2. When does F1 nerf the RB (like they did the Ferrari and Mercedes of days gone by)? Probably should have been after last season.

3. It’s so uncompetitive to make me start wondering about the differences between the actual cars max and Checo are driving.

I might have finally started following F1 if Andretti and Cadillac had been allowed into the series. I guess teams didn't want to give up a share of the money to increase interest in the sport.

I might have finally started following F1 if Andretti and Cadillac had been allowed into the series. I guess teams didn't want to give up a share of the money to increase interest in the sport.
Gene Haas literally can’t attend a race outside the US as a convicted felon yet Andretti is on the sidelines

Two things.

1. Does Perez really suck this ****ing bad? Worse than Bottas alongside Hamilton.

2. When does F1 nerf the RB (like they did the Ferrari and Mercedes of days gone by)? Probably should have been after last season.

3. It’s so uncompetitive to make me start wondering about the differences between the actual cars max and Checo are driving.
That was a snoozer. Good drives by Sainz and Stroll

Reactions: larsIU
I thought it was interesting to see the exposed downforce wing on (Shown Above) finish P3/P4.
And all the Mercedes powered chasses behind both Red Bull and Ferrari.
The RB wire to wire P1/P2 win says everyone has work to do.

Like a couple forums above, I’m already ready for ‘25 🤷🏼‍♂️

Max in a slower car, HAM vs LEC, a washed Danny and Alonso in the best car. Inject it into my veins!!

A rare misstep from Red Bull. Made for a more interesting day.

It’s becoming clear why Lewis is going to Ferrari next year.

Pretty much a disaster day for Mercedes. Even before the retirement, Hamilton was nowhere. And Russell was what, P7 or so when Alonso binned him?
Somewhere around there. I wasn’t watching closely but he closed very quickly on Fred and lost his front end aero. Fred ended up being penalized for erratic driving — I didn’t really see that (drivers should get some leeway in how they manage the car), but assessing unnatural changes in speed is tough from the sofa.

I hated seeing George sitting in the middle of the track like that. Race control needs to neutralize races more quickly in these instances. They have been at Albert Park forever but a lot of these newer F1 street/hybrid circuits have a lot of tight/blind corners that worry me.

Sainz winning creates some awkwardness at Ferrari, which is sort of interesting. He would be a decent fit at Red Bull next year, but I think Checo is signed already, which is a little surprising, he wasn’t great today. Maybe Sainz has to slum it at Mercedes for a year. Regardless, Audi seems likely for him in ‘26.

Probably back to Max dominating at Japan but there are some interesting storylines.

Somewhere around there. I wasn’t watching closely but he closed very quickly on Fred and lost his front end aero. Fred ended up being penalized for erratic driving — I didn’t really see that (drivers should get some leeway in how they manage the car), but assessing unnatural changes in speed is tough from the sofa.

I hated seeing George sitting in the middle of the track like that. Race control needs to neutralize races more quickly in these instances. They have been at Albert Park forever but a lot of these newer F1 street/hybrid circuits have a lot of tight/blind corners that worry me.

Sainz winning creates some awkwardness at Ferrari, which is sort of interesting. He would be a decent fit at Red Bull next year, but I think Checo is signed already, which is a little surprising, he wasn’t great today. Maybe Sainz has to slum it at Mercedes for a year. Regardless, Audi seems likely for him in ‘26.

Probably back to Max dominating at Japan but there are some interesting storylines.
Surprised they didn’t red flag it.

Surprised they didn’t red flag it.
Could have. To me (I don’t feel like reading the regs) a red flag is the race course is effectively blocked or the track is damaged (usually a barrier). Not sure if the cars circling the track were impeding the safety crews reaching George.

Regardless, get the yellow or red out asap. It’s stating the obvious but F1 has had repeat issues with recovery trucks on the track and unauthorized pit lane access — so they mess up more than they should.

Fred ended up being penalized for erratic driving — I didn’t really see that (drivers should get some leeway in how they manage the car), but assessing unnatural changes in speed is tough from the sofa.
The stewards saw it and penalized him based on teh telemetry data. It was a brake check (yes, I know he barely touched the brakes but with the current hybrid setup, letting off the accelerator is basically hitting the brakes at this point).

Whether we like allowing brake checks is a whole other conversation. I would say no but racing is racing.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
The stewards saw it and penalized him based on teh telemetry data. It was a brake check (yes, I know he barely touched the brakes but with the current hybrid setup, letting off the accelerator is basically hitting the brakes at this point).

Whether we like allowing brake checks is a whole other conversation. I would say no but racing is racing.
Alonso certainly did it on purpose. The shunt is still on Russell imo. Had Russell not punted himself into the wall there would not have been a penalty at all, which I find interesting.

A penalty was warranted but a drive through 20 second penalty sets a pretty severe precedent for hard racing.

Last edited:
Alonso certainly did it on purpose. The shunt is still on Russell imo. Had Russell not punted himself into the wall there would not have been a penalty at all, which I find interesting.

A penalty was warranted but a drive through 20 second penalty sets a pretty severe precedent for had racing.
Alonso made it way too obvious.

Agree Russell is often surprised by things happening around him. cough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT