ADVERTISEMENT

Even wackier than the WAC....

clubjockey

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Normally I can see each conference more or less as being pretty stratified... you have one or two really good teams, a couple of good teams, some okay teams, some iffy teams and some terrible teams...

But this year I count as many as 8 or 9 leagues and certainly at least 5 or 6 that just don't break down really nicely like that... you've got one obviously good team and one obviously terrible team... and all the others look more or less alike to me...

MVC is that way

After S.Illinos, it all looks pretty muddled. No one that good, but no one that awful either.

Last year everyone got drafted out of the MVC, and I think it'll happen again. But I don't think they'll be so many high draft picks out of the MVC this time. I think a big chunk of the league might not get drafted until the 7th round.

Remember...

There will be 10 fewer teams picked this year due to one less player... I think that will make the number of truely stomach-turning craptacular picks really go down a lot.

Unless I think everyone else is a fool and the last remaining team in any conference is being highly overlooked, no way am I going to take the last team in a league when I might have 4 or more to pick from in another league... But like I said... I does all depend... I think Iowa or Northwestern might generate more B10 wins than some other league teams, so we'll see...

I guess I'm saying...

I think there might be a few pretty decent looking teams left in the 10th round if you've played your leagues intelligently.

My analysis has it this way

The final round for standard league teams starts with teams predicted to win 6 games and ends with teams predicted to win 5. By the time the draft is over, there still should be about 4 unclaimed teams predicted to win 5 games.

If you added an extra player, there would be a lot of final round teams only predicted to win 3 games.

there are more 18 game leagues this year

that might mean the decent MVC teams don't go as early as the past few drafts

so if everyone can let Northern Iowa slide to me in the 8th round, I would be much obliged

Not being so unique anymore with 18 games is a factor...

...in devaluing some MVC teams. But also there just aren't as many good teams there this year.

I think some people, including myself, have over-bought in the MVC, but I don't think that happens this year. After S.Ill is taken early, it looks like there will be 3 teams taken from rounds 3 thru 6, then maybe a big run starting in the 7th round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT