ADVERTISEMENT

Erik Stevenson

minneman

Senior
Nov 1, 2001
IU has reached out to Wichita State's Erik Stevenson who is leaving the program. Looks like they'll have lots of competition to land him.

He started the year well but his stats by the end of the year don't look great. He says confidence issues caused by the coaching staff effected him and other players. He might be right since there are 4 leaving (including him) as of now.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/erik-stevenson-1.html

Looks like an Archie’s Hoosiers guard to me.... .291 career from 3pt%

I'm curious why we would be interested in another guard. We have 3 incoming guards and 3 returning. Is someone leaving?
Maybe Al & Justin are going to Georgia as grad transfers after they graduate this spring? Just a late night thought

Reactions: mk23
Maybe Al & Justin are going to Georgia as grad transfers after they graduate this spring? Just a late night thought
Would they be missed? Both are average players and aren’t key to a successful season next year. They are just role players. Al is a good backup, and Justin can’t even shoot the ball. He’s only good for a few rebounds and a layup or two. Not a total loss.

Reactions: mk23
Would they be missed? Both are average players and aren’t key to a successful season next year. They are just role players. Al is a good backup, and Justin can’t even shoot the ball. He’s only good for a few rebounds and a layup or two. Not a total loss.
They are also allowed to improve. It's not against the rules.

Reactions: Al Bino

Smith is a role player but Jerome Hunter is going to have to greatly expand his game on both sides of the ball to take his minutes.

I honestly can't remember Hunter scoring any points that weren't 3 point shots or free throws.

Maybe he got a bucket in transition at Minnesota if I recall but if he's just going to be a chucker from 3 then Smith brings more to the table.

"Believe everything you read on the internet!" George Washington

IU has reached out to Wichita State's Erik Stevenson who is leaving the program. Looks like they'll have lots of competition to land him.

He started the year well but his stats by the end of the year don't look great. He says confidence issues caused by the coaching staff effected him and other players. He might be right since there are 4 leaving (including him) as of now.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/erik-stevenson-1.html

"Believe everything you read on the internet!" George Washington
So you're saying that IU has not contacted him? You know more than Jake Weingarten of stockrisers.com (covers recruiting) who says the list comes directly from Stevenson? Or are you denying that Stevenson is transferring?

Reactions: birdforbogey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT