ADVERTISEMENT

End of an Era: Night Moves

IUclover

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2015
I heard that the demolition of Night Moves is finally under way. I’m not a strip club guy and only had one unexpected late night visit there with friends, where I only had about $10 on me and that included a $2 bill.

When a young lady approached me (without invitation), I felt obligated to donate and inserted my $2 bill. She looked at me and asked if it was real. I replied, “ That’s all I got, take it or leave it.”

Anyway, my regards to UncleMark.

I also wonder how this will impact IUBB recruiting.

I heard that the demolition of Night Moves is finally under way. I’m not a strip club guy and only had one unexpected late night visit there with friends, where I only had about $10 on me and that included a $2 bill.

When a young lady approached me (without invitation), I felt obligated to donate and inserted my $2 bill. She looked at me and asked if it was real. I replied, “ That’s all I got, take it or leave it.”

The building that night moves was in is probably being demolished, but the business itself moved about a mile south near the Toyota and Mazda dealerships

That’s a relief. I thought Bob Seger died,

Pretty sure Bob has retired, although he did tour in 2019. I wasn't shocked when he showed up at this 2016 show in Auburn Hills (I mean it WAS Detroit), but I didn't expect it. He was watching the show from court level opposite where I was, so we literally got to watch Stevie coax him up on stage while Bruce was in the crowd and unaware of what was going on. Pretty awesome...

It shouldn't. That's one of the worst strip clubs I've ever been to. I'm surprised to hear it's still around

Reactions: Crayfish57

so what's the current talent level of B town clubs?

pasties or no pasties?

how long had you been hanging on to that $2 bill?

so what's the current talent level of B town clubs?

pasties or no pasties?

how long had you been hanging on to that $2 bill?
I have no idea about talent level. No longer live in Btown and still wouldn’t know if I did.

Unfortunately, I had that $2 bill in my wallet for at least five years. I have since replaced it and avoided situations where I could put it at risk, plus it helps not being a broke college kid anymore.

They started Thursday, had it down to a hole in the ground and a slab Friday, and were fencing it off Friday afternoon.

Larry started out in the 80s with a cheap beer bar on 3rd Street across from the (then) Education building, between Bears Place and TIS. It was popular with the 3rd Street frat boys, and he was constantly getting busted for serving underage kids with fake IDs. When it got to the point where his license was in jeopardy, he shut the place down, remodeled, and reopened as a strip bar with cover charge and high priced drinks. Tried to stay classy, initially with a couple girls from the IU ballet program, and with a better class of girl than what people used to going to Bedford had seen.

The University was aghast, of course, and tried every trick in the book to get him booted. Eventually they were able to run him off when his license came up for renewal. They were able to convince the ABC to make the renewal contingent on him moving.

They started Thursday, had it down to a hole in the ground and a slab Friday, and were fencing it off Friday afternoon.

Larry started out in the 80s with a cheap beer bar on 3rd Street across from the (then) Education building, between Bears Place and TIS. It was popular with the 3rd Street frat boys, and he was constantly getting busted for serving underage kids with fake IDs. When it got to the point where his license was in jeopardy, he shut the place down, remodeled, and reopened as a strip bar with cover charge and high priced drinks. Tried to stay classy, initially with a couple girls from the IU ballet program, and with a better class of girl than what people used to going to Bedford had seen.

The University was aghast, of course, and tried every trick in the book to get him booted. Eventually they were able to run him off when his license came up for renewal. They were able to convince the ABC to make the renewal contingent on him moving.

that building was Bartlett's Grocery prior to it's later uses..

• Wow
Reactions: Lucy01

Can’t remember the name, but I remember they had quarter beers. I didn’t like beer, but I could get drunk for a dollar.....

No, Night Moves is not a good strip club. But every North Jordan and 3rd street man has taken a pilgrimage through there and come out the better.

I look fondly upon my buddy passing out with his head on the stage and a stripper in his lap. Later we got into fisticuffs with a couple of stupid townies in the parking lot, who were mad that thes young guns were hogging all the chicks.

It’s as important and nostalgic to Indiana University as Nicks for men who attended.

No, Night Moves is not a good strip club. But every North Jordan and 3rd street man has taken a pilgrimage through there and come out the better.

I look fondly upon my buddy passing out with his head on the stage and a stripper in his lap. Later we got into fisticuffs with a couple of stupid townies in the parking lot, who were mad that thes young guns were hogging all the chicks.

It’s as important and nostalgic to Indiana University as Nicks for men who attended.

I shouldn't like this, but I had a similar experience. There are certain must box checks while at IU for guys. I might have ended up there a few more times too. Was a dump, but every good college needs a booby bar close.

The last time I was there, many years ago, I was no longer a student, but in town to see the Dahli Llama. Ended up going to the event after an all nighter ending with Night Moves without showering or changing clothes. I‘ll bet the people sitting by us were less than impressed. The talent level at that time was just slightly better than the Satin Lady in Wheatland, which had a troupe of scab-picking tuna queens as dancers…

When did Night Moves open?

I have zero recollection of being there when I was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT