ADVERTISEMENT

Durr to IU!

Yeah, not like we've struggled against size over the years. I mean, PU's only beaten us 9X, but when have they ever had a size advantage on us? Oh, wait a sec....
He's a decent pick up and fills a need we need in front court depth, but he's not going to be the reason why we end the losing streak to Purdue.

He's a decent pick up and fills a need we need in front court depth, but he's not going to be the reason why we end the losing streak to Purdue.
the sole reason: no, but if he can help occupy their bigs, keep TJD from having to guard them all the time and avoid unnecessary fouls and importantly getting worn out and tired: yes, that could be a big, big help. What if TJD has to sit with foul trouble, injury, etc.... This was an area of need for us; the biggest we had left.

the sole reason: no, but if he can help occupy their bigs, keep TJD from having to guard them all the time and avoid unnecessary fouls and importantly getting worn out and tired: yes, that could be a big, big help. What if TJD has to sit with foul trouble, injury, etc.... This was an area of need for us; the biggest we had left.
Our guards have been eaten alive by their guards on both ends of the floor the last 3-4 years. That's the major reason. Remember, their bigs still have to guard TJD. Durr is a nice pick up and fills a need. I think a legit stretch 4 could have made next years team much better.

You don’t think we can use 9 points, 8 boards, and a 79% FT shooter?

Tough crowd.
Not sure that will translate as he's taking a demotion and a reduction in minutes committing to IU. And that's ok, he does fill a need in front court depth, but I wouldn't count on him being a 25 mpg a guy night either.

Reactions: IULouie
Excellent! IU has good size and depth in the frontcourt now.

I like the pick-up a lot. That said, I don't understand it from the kid's point of view. He was getting 25 mpg at USF last year. At IU, it looks more like 10-15, and maybe closer to the 10.

Woodson is impressing as a recruiter..............and I like the amount of turn-over when you're talking about an underachieving team...

In: Durr, Kopp, Johnson, Stewart, Bates
Out: Brunk, Hunter, Franklin, Durham

Durr v. Brunk: Would be pick 'em, but Joey has big durability issues.
Kopp v. Hunter: Pick 'em
Bates v. Franklin: I liked Franklin, But Bates is a borderline 5* talent with a Franklin-like attitude.
Stewart v. Durham: Advantage Stewart. Better shooter, better ball-handler.
Johnson: Even if Rob goes the portal route, it would be advantage Johnson.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Yeah, not like we've struggled against size over the years. I mean, PU's only beaten us 9X, but when have they ever had a size advantage on us? Oh, wait a sec....
Purdue starts 6’8” and 6’6” on their front line. They haven’t started a 7’+ player against us since Isaac Haas. But don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Reactions: LifeLong_IU77
Now, PU can't bring in Edey to easily score bunnies from 2 feet. If you don't think Painter and Keady have been bringing in big guys to get an advantage and ugly up the game to help make up for their program's disadvantages, then you have been living under a rock. You have to have size and strength in the Big Ten: this coaching staff gets it.

Reactions: IUgradman
I like the pick-up a lot. That said, I don't understand it from the kid's point of view. He was getting 25 mpg at USF last year. At IU, it looks more like 10-15, and maybe closer to the 10.

Woodson is impressing as a recruiter..............and I like the amount of turn-over when you're talking about an underachieving team...

Bates v. Franklin: I liked Franklin, But Bates is a borderline 5* talent with a Franklin-like attitude.

Did USF bring in anyone that may have eaten into his minutes there?

Maybe he thinks he can carve a bigger portion of the pie out for himself than we do.

Maybe he thinks our staff can develop him better and will in turn get more minutes than we assume.

He realizes we will win it all and is just a ring chaser :)

Our guards have been eaten alive by their guards on both ends of the floor the last 3-4 years. That's the major reason. Remember, their bigs still have to guard TJD. Durr is a nice pick up and fills a need. I think a legit stretch 4 could have made next years team much better.

Purdue starts 6’8” and 6’6” on their front line. They haven’t started a 7’+ player against us since Isaac Haas. But don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative.
Trevion Williams

50Trevion Williams​

• Height:6-10
  • Weight:265
  • Class:Senior
  • Hometown:Chicago, Ill.
  • High School:Henry Ford Academy (Mich.)
Had 22 vs us in the first game and 7'3" Edey had 20 in the second. Those are facts, my friend, as is 9-0.

Trevion Williams

50Trevion Williams​

Had 22 vs us in the first game and 7'3" Edey had 20 in the second. Those are facts, my friend, as is 9-0.
Now what have our guards done against Purdue the last 3-4 years? TJD had a 25 point outburst against Purdue in a game this year. Durr is a similar player in both skill set and size to Joey Brunk who was a non-factor in our two losses the year before.

I saw something about the Edey kid for Purdue has grown to 7'6"! I guess that's impressive, but there's only ever been one guy (Yao MIng) that tall in basketball who was really good at that size. It seems to me that being that tall isn't usually an advantage - Shawn Bradley, Manute Bol?

Now what have our guards done against Purdue the last 3-4 years? TJD had a 25 point outburst against Purdue in a game this year. Durr is a similar player in both skill set and size to Joey Brunk who was a non-factor in our two losses the year before.
Like I said, will he be the sole reason: no, but if you presume we've upgraded our perimeter and shooting, at that point we needed post depth and we've struggled for years against PU's posts, whether Williams, Edey, Haarms or Haas. Anyone who remembers poor Robert Johnson trying to guard Haas, will understand the value of having some size on our bench.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1

Durr>Brunk
Kopp>Hunter
Bates=Franklin
Stewart>Durham
Xman +

We have upgraded our roster.

Trevion Williams

50Trevion Williams​

Trevion may be gone: put his name in the NBA Draft.

Trevion Williams

50Trevion Williams​

Lol at listing the school height for Trevion. They wouldn’t exaggerate at all.

Trevion and Edey combined for 48 points in the two games this year. TJD and Race combined for 54.

OSU also starts 6’8” and 6’6” on the front line. You don’t need huge guys to win in college basketball.

Reactions: LifeLong_IU77
Just a random thought. Maybe our coaching staff will improve Durr's game between now and the season opener.

Reactions: 76-1
You aren’t aware they have a contributor who is well over 7 feet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT