ADVERTISEMENT

Drive By Shootings

If that's you tip-toeing, it's like my lead footed kids trying to sneak quietly around the house.

I'd have gone with that the issue is poverty + density considering that various ethnic enclaves of immigrants (e.g., Irish, Italian) in big cities have been traditional hotbeds of violence when poverty met density over our country's history.

But if you can't blame immigrants, I guess Plan B of blaming "the blacks" is next on the list. Can't wait for Plan C....
The truth hurts. The most dangerous places to be in America are urban black neighborhoods.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Your statistics lie to you. The most dangerous counties in this country are places run by Democrats. You can narrow it down to specific neighborhoods. The vast majority of this country is safe as can be. Everyone in Indianapolis knows where you don't want to be after dark. Same for Chicago.

The entire state of Alaska had 90 murders and gets 7th in rate. New York City had over 400. Living in the huge state of Alaska is vastly safer than living in NYC.

Nyc is one of the safest cities in the country. You don't seem to understand statistics well. You read news headlines and extrapolate feelings

Nyc is one of the safest cities in the country. You don't seem to understand statistics well. You read news headlines and extrapolate feelings

I understand statistics fine. I also understand when they are used to manipulate an opinion. NYC had 400 murders last year. The dangerous state of Alaska had 90. Just because there are more people around to absorb the shots doesn't make it safer.

This shit doesn't happen in ****ing New Castle.

I understand statistics fine. I also understand when they are used to manipulate an opinion. NYC had 400 murders last year. The dangerous state of Alaska had 90. Just because there are more people around to absorb the shots doesn't make it safer.

This shit doesn't happen in ****ing New Castle.

As I said, you read news and have "feelz".

There are 12x the amount of people that live in NYC than live in Alaska.

Reactions: TMFT
You are confusing facts with "feelz".

There are your facts.

Map-US-Murder-Fixed.jpg

Some more facts for ya. Those deep red areas are areas of more than 100 gun murders. What do you think those red areas almost all have in common?

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The truth hurts. The most dangerous places to be in America are urban black neighborhoods.
You mean urban poor?

No. You mean black. Tell us how you really feel. Go all in. It’s anonymous. You’d never say out loud to a black person so here’s your chance.

And I’m so honored to have you as an IU sports fan too. It’s really awesome that you can cheer for black athletes you’d never let step foot in your house if you found out where some of them were from. As long as they can provide you entertainment I guess it’s worth it.

You mean urban poor?

No. You mean black. Tell us how you really feel. Go all in. It’s anonymous. You’d never say out loud to a black person so here’s your chance.

And I’m so honored to have you as an IU sports fan too. It’s really awesome that you can cheer for black athletes you’d never let step foot in your house if you found out where some of them were from. As long as they can provide you entertainment I guess it’s worth it.
Black people commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime. That’s a fact. Why it occurs? Fewer opportunities. Lack of accountability. Culture. All of it. But it’s reality

There are your facts.

Map-US-Murder-Fixed.jpg

Some more facts for ya. Those deep red areas are areas of more than 100 gun murders. What do you think those red areas almost all have in common?
Lol, if some of those counties had 100 murders there’d be no one left.

*BREAKING NEWS* the places where all the people live have more murders.

That’s why rates are important.

There are your facts.

Map-US-Murder-Fixed.jpg

That a lot of people live there? Wow, what an amazing correlation you've stumbled across, people kill each other in places where they live..... rather than in the middle of the wilderness.

I think you are well on your way to a Nobel.

You mean urban poor?

The irony that you don’t understand how racist this post is.

You mean urban poor?

No I mean black.
Stl had 200 homicides last year. Here’s the breakdown of suspects.
Black 141
White 7
Hispanic 0
Asian 0

Demo of city
Black 44 percent
White 44 percent
Hispanic 4

There’s a massive poor white community. They don’t share the black urban culture.

Reactions: IUCrazy2

There are 12x the amount of people that live in NYC than live in Alaska.
lol…Have you ever been to Corydon on a Friday night? It’s crazy scary. By the way, nobody is talking about the entire city of NYC or Chicago or L.A.

You mean urban poor?

And that is why we can't have the discussion. We can't even accept the facts staring people in the face to do anything about because acknowledging reality is racist.

Is it money? Then why aren't poor whites, Asians, and Latinos murdering like crazy? Is it race? Black people in rural areas (poor or not) and suburban areas seem to do just fine, so that doesn't hold water. I tend to subscribe to the Thomas Sowell opinion that inner city urban blacks adopted the whole "red neck" culture of the poor south and have claimed it as their own even though there is nothing African about it. And because of people like you, we can't even discuss how shitty of a culture it is because racism.

That a lot of people live there? Wow, what an amazing correlation you've stumbled across, people kill each other in places where they live..... rather than in the middle of the wilderness.

I think you are well on your way to a Nobel.
Enh, wrong. Try opening and reading for once.

Chicago-Murders-0101-to-05172017.png

Chicago_CCA_Density_2020_6-8-22.png

Square your circle with Chicago as an example.

Enh, wrong. Try opening and reading for once.

No, I read it.

We all know where violent gun crime is concentrated. This isn't a revelation to anyone.

The question is what public policy is effective at reducing it. Clearly some cities have done better than others. Looking at raw counts is not helpful to the discussion.

Dems have run the city for 75. Incredibly bad batch at the moment with cori bush’s influence on the inept mayor and useless prosecutor. State is trying to take control of the police department. It really feels like an inflection point for the city. The mls stadium is simply incredible and giving rise to so much positivity and new development. Even the battle hawks are helping. KAKAW IS THE LAW. if the voters would wake up and run the progressives out there’d be real hope. It’s pretty remarkable what sports can sometimes do

I think we can all agree that STL proper is a hellhole. And the Cardinals suck.

No, I read it.

We all know where violent gun crime is concentrated. This isn't a revelation to anyone.

The question is what public policy is effective at reducing it. Clearly some cities have done better than others. Looking at raw counts is not helpful to the discussion.
Ban guns in cities and let the rural and suburban people keep theirs. Problem solved. (TiC...sort of)

No, I read it.

The answer is the platform Rudy adopted. You’ve got to get rid of the progressives and then bring in politicians who believe in order and maintenance. And it takes money and cooperation from so many agencies and institutions and neighborhood groups. You need more cops. More private security. Transit to buy in. Neighborhood groups to clean up their neighborhoods. Police commissioners to be assigned an area and held accountable. A total buy in. At the moment what we have is clueless progressives demanding zero accountability and adopting inane policies and other voters just writing off entire hoods saying “just don’t go to such and such area”

The answer is the platform Rudy adopted. You’ve got to get rid of the progressives and then bring in politicians who believe in order and maintenance. And it takes money and cooperation from so many agencies and institutions and neighborhood groups. You need more cops. More private security. Transit to buy in. Neighborhood groups to clean up their neighborhoods. Police commissioners to be assigned an area and held accountable. A total buy in. At the moment what we have is clueless progressives demanding zero accountability and adopting inane policies and other voters just writing off entire hoods saying “just don’t go to such and such area”

Completely agree.

You're right, of course. The root problem is the people, not the guns.

The rub is the efficiency in which the wrong people can do damage with the right tools.

I feel confident saying that if I had a tommy gun I would be at about 0 risk of ever using it to commit a mass murder. But if someone who is not quite so law abiding might be inclined to try and set records. Which is why machine guns have been banned since like the 30s. Over time, banning certain weapons works when they're able to get basically all of them off the street. When was the last machine gun death in the USA?

Similarly, if I had a nuclear bomb, I'd like to think I'd keep it safe and not used against innocents, but to have just in case I'm attacked by some rogue nation-state. Doesn't mean I think it's a good idea for everyone to have one.

I strongly believe that there are parts of America that have a serious issue with guns and gun violence. Others with next to no issue with guns or gun violence. Unfortunately, legislators only want to write laws for their specific communities & interests without taking into account the needs/concerns of other parts of the whole.

With the number of rifles & handguns in America, even a straight up ban would not have any noticeable impact for quite some time, but eventually it would push America in line with the rest of the First World. I'm not holding my breath.
Stricter punishment's go a lot longer way than stricter laws. I have a relative who is a known drug user and has stolen from multiple people (most recently 2 vehicles) in order to feed her habit. Now if the punishment was in line with the crime she wouldn't be out on the streets still causing issues and still getting her drugs.

I have many guns (probably too many) and I rarely carry one, like less than 5%, but I like the fact that others have no idea if I am or I'm not and that goes both ways.

I would suggest we allow teachers and administrators to carry, protect their selves and the kids. My kids went to a school with an on duty officer (sad we have come to this in America) and there was never an issue.

2013 - 2022 more than 700 of them. 460 killed, many children, 3,017 injured. By comparison schools 25 killed and 175 injured. Chicago leads the country during this period with 120 drive by mass shootings

Stl just children killed or injured by gunfire. 120 shot in 2022 and 26 died. More than school deaths nationwide in nearly a decade. @outside shooter. Politics baby

two men walk into a bar, both armed. what could possibly go wrong.

valid post, and i totally agree we need massive gun control legislation to combat both said problems.

other countries don't have these problems. in fact, literally no other industrialized countries do.

the difference between them and us isn't policing, or courts, or prisons, it's laws on guns.

You mean urban poor?

If you are interested in what flavors my POV, take a few minutes to listen to this video. It isn't racism.

Murders per capita tell the same story

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT