ADVERTISEMENT

DraftExpress.com recommends that Troy return for senior season

How so because I have been making the same point all along. The point is that most teams have players on the end of the bench that does not play or contribute but I guess that is hard for you to understand
You fail to understand that IU isn't "most teams".

How he was treated? He was a walk-on that did not get a scholarship which is what typically happens to walk-ons.
What do you think he was told about his opportunity to earn one? Do you think he was told at the outset it would never happen? Do you think he planned all along to only be at IU for a year?

I now think Troy will be back at IU after the Dakich interview yesterday. Troy speaks how much fun it is to play for IU and has a chance to do something historic next season on a Top 10 IU team.

I now think Troy will be back at IU after the Dakich interview yesterday. Troy speaks how much fun it is to play for IU and has a chance to do something historic next season on a Top 10 IU team.
Yep he wants to win a national title and all the pieces are in place. I am 95 convinced he is coming back.

I actually would not be surprised if it is ranked top 5 preseason

I thought he said that he was confident that he would be picked in the 1st round.

So explain to me how IU is any different than any other team in the country.
Significant roster turnover combined with unforeseen injuries make the end of the bench "necessary". Not sure how you continally fail to see this.

Significant roster turnover combined with unforeseen injuries make the end of the bench "necessary". Not sure how you continally fail to see this.
So IU is the only team in the country to have injuries and transfers. I did not realize all 700 transfers from last year happened at IU. What you fail to see is that this happens every where so why do you have trouble understanding that.

So IU is the only team in the country to have injuries and transfers. I did not realize all 700 transfers from last year happened at IU. What you fail to see is that this happens every where so why do you have trouble understanding that.
You've argued that other teams don't go deep into their bench but can't ignore that IU does. You claim through hackneyed writing that you know college basketball. Your posts show that you really don't at all.

You've argued that other teams don't go deep into their bench but can't ignore that IU does. You claim through hackneyed writing that you know college basketball. Your posts show that you really don't at all.
Whatever you say but I guarantee I know as much if not more about college basketball than you do. I did not realize that this was a grammar class and had to have excellent writing skills to post here.

What is your definition in going deep in the bench. we had 9 players average double figures in minutes and Morgan at 9.7. The other 4 players on the roster averaged over 4 minutes a game.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/84/indiana-hoosiers

Whatever you say but I guarantee I know as much if not more about college basketball than you do. I did not realize that this was a grammar class and had to have excellent writing skills to post here.
Your posts say otherwise.

Your posts say otherwise.
You are just hilarious and by your post it shows you have know clue about any thing.

Also why not answer my other question on that post where I asked your definition of going deep in your bench. We had 9 players who played more than 10 minutes a game with Morgan playing 9.7. The rest of the roster played less than 4 minutes a game so it does not show that we play the last 4 players on our rosters big minutes.

Burton or Neigo might have played a few minutes here or there but it was not like they played consistent minutes.

You are just hilarious and by your post it shows you have know clue about any thing.

Also why not answer my other question on that post where I asked your definition of going deep in your bench. We had 9 players who played more than 10 minutes a game with Morgan playing 9.7. The rest of the roster played less than 4 minutes a game so it does not show that we play the last 4 players on our rosters big minutes.

Burton or Neigo might have played a few minutes here or there but it was not like they played consistent minutes.
Burton and Niego played against Kentucky in the NCAA tournament. That alone makes their contribution important. If you followed basketball like you claim, you would understand this. You don't, so you don't.

Burton and Niego played against Kentucky in the NCAA tournament. That alone makes their contribution important. If you followed basketball like you claim, you would understand this. You don't, so you don't.
Playing a minute or two in the game to give someone a little more rest around a tv timeout is not playing a big role in the game.

Playing a minute or two in the game to give someone a little more rest around a tv timeout is not playing a big role in the game.
You need to pay closer attention. Crean wouldn't agree with you, by the way.

I believe under IUs Athlete Bill of Rights, Crean can't pull the scholly from Troy unless he has earned his undergraduate degree. Basically it states that any recruited athlete who attends IU on an athletic scholarship keeps the scholarship for 4 years and cannot have that scholarship revoked by the coaching staff without cause. As long as Troy is meeting the team and schools academic standards/rules, and is working toward his undergraduate degree, he keeps his scholarship.

I don't know if that also covers graduate degrees though I think people have posted Troy did not graduate.
Technically I believe that to test the waters you give up the scholarship....of course list schools will hold it for you. I'm pretty sure that's show Rabs described the process

Technically I believe that to test the waters you give up the scholarship....of course list schools will hold it for you. I'm pretty sure that's show Rabs described the process
I'm making a guess at best based on reading the BORs, or at least the highlighted version. I don't know if there is a deadline when the player has to inform the coach they intend to return for the BORs to be upheld. I also think the BORs may have come out before (2014?) the new draft declaration date (2015?) for players so they may not be updated for that circumstance.

You might want to understand how coaches and players measure contribution before you ignorantly comment on it.
You are the one that said that they play significant minutes against UK. You just can't stand being proven wrong and since it has been happening a lot lately you must be miserable.

You are the one that said that they play significant minutes against UK. You just can't stand being proven wrong and since it has been happening a lot lately you must be miserable.
You got me on that one. And you can look up the minutes played alright. You just don't understand context or strategy or necessity based on roster construction. You get the "what", you just don't understand the "why".

No fighting, just chatting. It's all good.
LOL.. Seriously guys, I don't want to debate if the 12 or 13 spot matter. I do think with the new NBA rules it would be smart to keep an open shcolorship. Let's say next year Braynt goes to the combine, then has a change of heart, and we just filled his spot. This is going to be an ongoing problem for all lot of college teams.

LOL.. Seriously guys, I don't want to debate if the 12 or 13 spot matter. I do think with the new NBA rules it would be smart to keep an open shcolorship. Let's say next year Braynt goes to the combine, then has a change of heart, and we just filled his spot. This is going to be an ongoing problem for all lot of college teams.
Agreed. It's what makes a number of Crean's signings all the more confounding. Constructing and managing the roster is a continual issue for him, maybe because of the flameouts with recruiting high end players.

Agreed. It's what makes a number of Crean's signings all the more confounding. Constructing and managing the roster is a continual issue for him, maybe because of the flameouts with recruiting high end players.

So you want an open scholarship and want to treat poor mistreated Diego to a scholarship.
Which two current players would you have gotten rid of to make that happen?

So you want an open scholarship and want to treat poor mistreated Diego to a scholarship.

These things tend to work themselves out. Amen!

Where did I say that? I just want a coach who recruits and manages his roster much better. What I don't understand is why you wouldn't want that, too.

Reactions: Shirtsandskins
Where did I say that? I just want a coach who recruits and manages his roster much better. What I don't understand is why you wouldn't want that, too.
We all would love that and I feel like this past year the roster management has gotten better. If I were the coach I would only use 12 scholarships a year and would love to see 3 players per class.

We all would love that and I feel like this past year the roster management has gotten better. If I were the coach I would only use 12 scholarships a year and would love to see 3 players per class.
We have lost 6 players in the past year....but you may be right, with TC that might be getting better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT