ADVERTISEMENT

Doyel's latest: IU-Crean marriage isn't working

I know Glass thinks all of us fans are stupid, but I'm still surprised he'd say so in print.

I suspect that like many, I am a bit cynical about the change of heart but he is right to point out that it was a red flag to give up the home game and that Indiana did not want to be humiliated. It is unfortunate with the team crumbling this year, that the admin was not ready to deal with this like NC State or Illinois. Our slow motion movement is what is causing this trainwreck and it didn't need to be that way.

JMV on ESPN 1070 am said that he has heard Crean has no desire to leave and Glass has any desire to let Crean go
I have never thought Glass has had any desire to get rid of him. He totally loves him and Crean can do NO wrong in his book. The program is doomed folks and is being destroyed before our very eyes by Fred Glass.

Reactions: JARRODH
Based on Glass's comments in that article he should be fired by 5:00. He is incompetent and stupid beyond belief. He belongs nowhere near the AD job in any athletic department.

Glass’ incompetence just cost Indiana $250,000 after the school decided to pull out of next year’s 2K Sports Classic in New York. Now he’s costing the taxpayers even more money by turning down an NIT home game and the revenue that comes with it.

It’s just one thing after another with Glass, and it’s time for him to go. Do I need to remind you that Glass recklessly gave Kevin Wilson a 6-year contract extension less than a year before he had to get rid of him? Utterly indefensible.

Glass had a good run in his early years as AD, but the job has clearly become too much for him. Indiana needs fresh leadership with more responsible decision making. I don’t know about you, but I’m not happy with my tax dollars going to pay for Glass’ many mistakes.

JMV on ESPN 1070 am said that he has heard Crean has no desire to leave and Glass has any desire to let Crean go

Again, we'll see what happens, but the signs are looking more and more like Glass is simply an idiot. I'm almost finished with IU basketball. I'll hold out hope that something is going to happen, but I'm not betting on it.

Glass’ incompetence just cost Indiana $250,000 after the school decided to pull out of next year’s 2K Sports Classic in New York. Now he’s costing the taxpayers even more money by turning down an NIT home game and the revenue that comes with it.

It’s just one thing after another with Glass, and it’s time for him to go. Do I need to remind you that Glass recklessly gave Kevin Wilson a 6-year contract extension less than a year before he had to get rid of him? Utterly indefensible.

Glass had a good run in his early years as AD, but the job has clearly become too much for him. Indiana needs fresh leadership with more responsible decision making. I don’t know about you, but I’m not happy with my tax dollars going to pay for Glass’ many mistakes.
problem is....Glass works for a guy who doesn't know shat from apple-butter as far as sports is concerned. The boss is looking at financial statements if you believe the rumors. If those look good, its all good.

The problem isn't Tom or Fred......its Benjamin......its always about Benjamin, every one of them.

Last edited:
I asked Doyle if he would survey Nick's, Mother Bears, Zagreb, Tapp and others to see how they feel about Fred giving away their home game.

I am a defender of Glass on many things, but he pissed down his leg on this one.

Again, we'll see what happens, but the signs are looking more and more like Glass is simply an idiot. I'm almost finished with IU basketball. I'll hold out hope that something is going to happen, but I'm not betting on it.
I have always thought he was an idiot I just hoped this one time he would prove me wrong. But like his boy Tommy change is not something that comes easily if at all.

I think this about sums up where many are....I am as well. If Crean comes back...I won't. Its really that simple. IU has to tend to its business as it advertises it. That means Crean cannot come back. I won't support inept, mismanaged neglect of a program which is in dire need of just the opposite.

I think this about sums up where many are....I am as well. If Crean comes back...I won't. Its really that simple. IU has to tend to its business as it advertises it. That means Crean cannot come back. I won't support inept, mismanaged neglect of a program which is in dire need of just the opposite.

I won't leave this site of course. I'll simply overtly root for IU to lose every game by 50 until Crean is gone.

Hopefully it won't come to that but I'll be unapologetic if it does.

I am already going to be plugged into Purdue....M daughter starts this fall. Will Purdue replace IU? No...not hardly....but I will keep myself occupied while supporting my daughter's school..and my daughter, rather than allow my head to explode watching the nonsense with Crean on the sidelines...Not gonna happen after this year if the clown show returns to Bloomington. It is already a laughingstock....

Look around while lesser programs take charge of their failed basketball teams....and clean house. But IU can't? Won't? I won't support that....after this season.

Reactions: russelltodd
Minnesota will be mine...It will just complete my transformation from a Hoosier to a Gopher.

I've been here since 96 and I am a legit Viking fan now and I no longer have my Bedford (pronounced Beffor'd) drawl so, it's probably time anyways.

I will go 100% tough love and hope we lose every game and painfully turn into Wisconsin of the 80's until we get a halfway competent leader in charge.

Next year could be entertaining for the wrong reasons.

This article is almost ripped from the same opinions of why posted on THIS SITE BY US. He just probably knows what is going to happen ... Crean gone soon, and wants to look like the Great Prognosticator ... pathetic journalist.

Doyle, wants Crean canned and then Crean wins Big Ten title, then he loves Crean. Four days ago he says Crean should stay, now he says marriage isn't working. The man has no spine, no conviction of anything. Basement dweller.

He's worse than a woman trying to figure out what to wear before going out for the night.

This is actually a decent article from Doyle. He certainly speaks from both sides of his mouth and stirs the pot, but this side of his mouth was good this time around.

What do Calipari and Glass have in common? Both are scared to play in Assembly Hall.

Seriously, this is some Mike Davis calling in sick and hiding out in his basement chickens***. IU is afraid to play a game at Assembly Hall? I never thought I would see the day. It used to be other teams didn't want to play at Assembly Hall: now we don't? When was the last time a team, army, etc. conceded home field advantage? Never, I am guessing.

How do you know it is over? When IU is afraid to play a game in Assembly Hall due to the absolute low the program has sunk to. Glass's excuses are his own, for it is clear why IU is playing in Georgia: IU does not want to. Playing in the NIT, Crean, disgruntled fans, and the inability in The basketball crazy state to fill the seats in The state's college basketball program are the reasons Glass doesn't even have to mention.

It is over. Glass has one move left, which is promptly terminating Crean after the NIT. I would be amazed if Crean is still around longer than one week after crapping out in the NIT. If Glass isn't competent enough to make this obvious move, it is protest time and it is just going to get uglier.

Last edited:
1) Great quote on Calipari and Crean.

2) Do you think students would actually protest like they used to do back in the day for Bobby?

I won't leave this site of course. I'll simply overtly root for IU to lose every game by 50 until Crean is gone.

Hopefully it won't come to that but I'll be unapologetic if it does.
I'm with you. This has pushed me over the edge. We have suffered decades now of inept management of this program and the administration taking their fan base for granted.

I've been very patient, for years. But FG really, and I mean really, blew it here. Its simple: either suffer the indignity like adults and host the losers tourney home game and own that you earned where you are, or turn down the invitation to the tournament and let some other program play the game who might appreciate being there.

I've had it with this clown show.

You have a lawyer who thinks he is smarter than everyone else. He may have a JD but you do not need a JD to run IU's athletic department. You need to do one thing, make sure the BB program is in good hands. We can not say that anymore. During the Davis years, my sister donated to Purdue just so she could say to the IU foundation when they called that she was donating to Purdue until Davis was gone. Glass is the problem. It start at the top. Now time to turn the heat on to the president. Make him know why you will not donate anymore to the University.

Have you always supported firing Crean? I know plenty of people who want him out who thought he was great just a few short years ago. Were you one of them?

As long as they end in the right place.

For the record, I've been firmly anti-Crean since walking out of Conseco after Crean benched Zeller the last possession of the Butler game.

His performance in the tourney that year (Temple and Cuse) was the final straw.

It's been 6 long years and I want my favorite team back.

Have you always supported firing Crean? I know plenty of people who want him out who thought he was great just a few short years ago. Were you one of them?
Crean's mismanagement with Zeller and Co. was revealing....Syracuse in the tourney was revealing....those glimpses into the future have been confirmed many times over since.

As long as they end in the right place.

For the record, I've been firmly anti-Crean since walking out of Conseco after Crean benched Zeller the last possession of the Butler game.

His performance in the tourney that year (Temple and Cuse) was the final straw.

It's been 6 long years and I want my favorite team back.
It hasn't been Indiana basketball for me for most of the Crean era. His arrogance isn't based on his successes, which have been modest. Interesting how many basketball experts are just now deciding they don't like him though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT