ADVERTISEMENT

Indy Star - IU Freshman CJ Gunn Making Winning Plays, Most of Minutes: 'He's in a good place.'

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
Last edited:
s

Kaleb Banks looks promising as well. Hell, if IU only had its freshmen and Geronimo to start with next year that'd be pretty damn good.
Agreed, the Freshmen look good. Let's put on the breaks about next year. TJD is playing at another level this year and he and Race will be gone. Maybe Duncomb can be the disruptor in the middle and everyone else steps up in scoring. Either way, this year and next will be fun.

Agreed, the Freshmen look good. Let's put on the breaks about next year. TJD is playing at another level this year and he and Race will be gone. Maybe Duncomb can be the disruptor in the middle and everyone else steps up in scoring. Either way, this year and next will be fun.
You tell me "to put on the brakes" and then proceed directly to rampant speculation? What happened to your "brakes"? Maybe spare any more 'do what I say not what I do' advice.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01 and h20pls
Agree that we would have a “better than what we’ve had” for the last 15 yrs or so with who we have returning and adding. It will be interesting to see if anyone decides to go pro or transfer. I didn’t think OG was good enough to turn pro given what little he played here since he was hurt a good part or the time, but that’s the future and more excited about this yr first

Reactions: 2 old 2 play
Agree that we would have a “better than what we’ve had” for the last 15 yrs or so with who we have returning and adding. It will be interesting to see if anyone decides to go pro or transfer. I didn’t think OG was good enough to turn pro given what little he played here since he was hurt a good part or the time, but that’s the future and more excited about this yr first
There was a ton of speculation during last season about people leaving….all for nothing. We return 4 starters this season, and there was rampant speculation on each of them leaving in the offseason.

I’m not going to assume anyone is gone after this year, even if they technically have no eligibility remaining.

Kaleb Banks looks promising as well. Hell, if IU only had its freshmen and Geronimo to start with next year that'd be pretty damn good.
Banks offense is ahead of his defense. Once he figures out that end of the court I see him getting a lot more minutes. I noticed in the last game Gunn got a lot more minutes and it seems like it was his defense which caused the added time. One thing I love about Woodson is that if they don't play defense then they don't play.

I like all those guys but that being said….TJD and X accounted for 53 points against Xavier. We are going to have a big hole to fill next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT