ADVERTISEMENT

Doyel: Crean denies Interest

Marshall is not going to football school Mizzou. IU needs to not miss out on the next great coach at IU. Tubby got fired at Kentucky and he won a National Title!

He did that with a Pitino team and then proceeded to have the longest final four drought of any UK coach I believe. He was consistently better than what Crean has done at IU and was still not up to par for UK.

Marshall is a solid coach but not a HOF coach that Indiana needs. If IU makes a move, it has to be a homerun hire. Marshall is a double. I'd rather stay with Crean if that is the best we could do.

Listened to it and Kravitz said he sees no way that Crean won't be back. He said he talked to Crean and he sad he is happy at IU and that he has thick skin and doesn't worry about what people are saying.
I cannot even stand to hear Kravitz talk. Crean could go like 6-25 in a season and he would still want him back. He is beyond a Crean kool aid drinker and it makes me sick.

Not really sure there is any news here. Coaches are never going to say they want out publicly. At some point, Glass has to make a decision. Does he retain Crean and extend his contract or does he tell Crean that he is going to make the change. I don't see how they can continue under the status quo. Rumors will strengthen if they do not extend Crean and recruiting will be more difficult. I just don't see how fans will accept extending Crean when they look at the body of work over 9 years and when they examine what next year is shaping up to be but Glass can override all of that by offering an extension.

I honestly don't know if Glass really cares what we think. Crean is basically his blood brother and he is going to do whatever it takes to keep him here. If it is a sinking ship so be it with Fred. I just do not think Fred cares about being elite.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Listened to it and Kravitz said he sees no way that Crean won't be back. He said he talked to Crean and he sad he is happy at IU and that he has thick skin and doesn't worry about what people are saying.

Of course he's happy! Play a crap schedule, make the tourney ever other year, get paid a lot. Glass has made this the best gig in college basketball.

Not sure glass wants his coach booed this often though...

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Marshall is a solid coach but not a HOF coach that Indiana needs. If IU makes a move, it has to be a homerun hire. Marshall is a double. I'd rather stay with Crean if that is the best we could do.

Srsly? Lol

EXlo0I.gif

Hmmm I have seen this before...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT