ADVERTISEMENT

Dookies not immune to this portal madness

Chicago-bound Hoosier

All-American
Mar 14, 2003
Get off my lawn
losing players like crazy. TJ Power now on the market. Former 5 star/top 20 recruit who just couldn't get much playing time in Durham. I hope Woody at least makes a call and gets his name right.

Read this morning that Duke is going after the Brea kid from Dayton.

This is why Lunardi's early predictions for next year are ludicrous right now. Some teams high on his list barely even have rosters.

Last edited:
losing players like crazy. TJ Power now on the market. Former 5 star/top 20 recruit who just couldn't get much playing time in Durham. I hope Woody at least makes a call and gets his name right.

This is why Lunardi's early predictions for next year are ludicrous right now. Some teams high on his list barely even have rosters.
Duke no longer has the attraction of being coached by Coach K

you mean the brotherhood is no longer the same brotherhood? That's a shame.

read that Vitale is on the mend and plans to be back in 2024-2025 season. For years he lobbied that these 'kids' should be 'paid something'. Would love to hear his take on this mess. Can't imagine this was what he had in mind...million dollar instant rental mercenaries.

Reactions: RunninRichie
you mean the brotherhood is no longer the same brotherhood? That's a shame.

read that Vitale is on the mend and plans to be back in 2024-2025 season. For years he lobbied that these 'kids' should be 'paid something'. Would love to hear his take on this mess. Can't imagine this was what he had in mind...million dollar instant rental mercenaries.
Bilas would be the better take. He is the one lobbying for pay but now let’s see how it looks for Duke. Although Duke will possibly still have the best player and #1 pick next year.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Bilas would be the better take. He is the one lobbying for pay but now let’s see how it looks for Duke. Although Duke will possibly still have the best player and #1 pick next year.
I used to like Jay, but his holier than thou take comes though at times. Maybe it's just my overall hatred for Duke. And it's not really his fault. Like everything else wrong in the world....I blame Ted Valentine.

They don't...but they are getting one of the better HS prospects in any of our lifetimes, and then a foreign big that some are putting on Flagg's level.

Duke still has major pull.

They don't...but they are getting one of the better HS prospects in any of our lifetimes, and then a foreign big that some are putting on Flagg's level.

probably reason they are having some people leave, kids want to play, best decision MM ever made was to decommit from there because he would have seen very little playing time.

By falling just short of making the FF though will keep them near the top. If Scheyer had lost early in the tourney this year, then I'd agree, but it looks now like he'll eventually keep Duke as a favorite to make FF's yearly, as long as can retain this recruiting level.

Reactions: Dallas Fred
By falling just short of making the FF though will keep them near the top. If Scheyer had lost early in the tourney this year, then I'd agree, but it looks now like he'll eventually keep Duke as a favorite to make FF's yearly, as long as can retain this recruiting level.
What I’m saying is Roach probably doesn’t leave Duke if Coach K is there

Reactions: Harry Hondo
Kinda doubt that's the case. But maybe? I think you'd have to be implying kids would take lesser roles on the team, and lesser amounts of money...and be o.k. with getting recruited over...better by Coach K, than they'd take that from Scheyer. I doubt it, and even if true, I doubt in most cases if that difference is enough to make a kid stay.

Kinda doubt that's the case. But maybe? I think you'd have to be implying kids would take lesser roles on the team, and lesser amounts of money...and be o.k. with getting recruited over...better by Coach K, than they'd take that from Scheyer. I doubt it, and even if true, I doubt in most cases if that difference is enough to make a kid stay.
Must be a change of attitude. Most kids want coached by the best.

Perhaps, but when Coach K was there either NIL wasn't a thing or it was just getting started and the money wasn't what it is now. Duke has many 5 stars and you can only pay them so much, so someone is gonna feel they're worth more.

Nobody is immune it is a total free for all.

Perhaps, but when Coach K was there either NIL wasn't a thing or it was just getting started and the money wasn't what it is now. Duke has many 5 stars and you can only pay them so much, so someone is gonna feel they're worth more.
Oh it was a thing. It just wasn't allowed. Zion got a bag. So did Romeo, although Romeo's was allowed.

That's what they wanted when they couldn't get paid 7 figures. Now they want to be paid 7 figures, which is what pretty much everyone else wants.
Perhaps true…but just speculating but Duke typically would pay if they are “worth” that.
Plus being developed for the nba gets you that money also. Idk this is all crazy and I hate it but it is what it is.

He just had to pick a team to play one season. Why not Duke? You get the money, then you get the power then you get the women.

Reactions: Willdog7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT