ADVERTISEMENT

Donovan

We are elite, why would it takes that much money to come to B Town? Amazing reek of desperation that would be if that's what it would take and would kill the we are elite meme immediately.

Are you drunk?

Edit: with a response like that it's obvious this is a troll. Don't feed em.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaypay23 and Lucy01
Duke pays 7,000,000+, UK 6,800,000 ... obviously they were desperate and are now questioning if they're elite.

Duke has had the same coach for 30 years and he has earned raises each and every contract to get there. It has also been done to keep him from going to the Lakers and other jobs over the years. Payment to retain. Cal was hired at less than $4M per year. He has also received raises to stay, not leave.

Not desperation cash to get someone to take it in the first place. Let' put it this way, when K retires, they won't need to pay the next guy $7M to take the Duke gig. We're having to back up the Brinks truck because that's what it takes to get someone to sniff the job and deal with the delusion set forth by the fan base and our AD.

Duke has had the same coach for 30 years and he has earned raises each and every contract to get there. It has also been done to keep him from going to the Lakers and other jobs over the years. Payment to retain. Not desperation cash to get someone to take it in the first place. Let' put it this way, when K retires, they won't need to pay the next guy $7M to take the Duke gig. We're having to back up the Brinks truck because that's what it takes to get someone to sniff the job and deal with the delusion set forth by the fan base and our AD.

giphy.gif

The voices, you mean the 40% to 60% here, Peegs, and 247 that are in an absolute delusion bubble? If that is what you mean by voices, then yes.

Explain this bubble to me that has you so disillusioned. We are going to pay big money for a coach just like the other "elite" schools do... How is that hard to comprehend. Fred Glass wants more consistency and a higher ceiling for the bball program than what we had under Crean. Fred Glass and the boosters are willing to pay money for these results. How is this desperation? How are you upset at this as an IU fan?

We are elite, why would it takes that much money to come to B Town? Amazing reek of desperation that would be if that's what it would take and would kill the we are elite meme immediately.

Riiiight -- nothing charcterizes an elite program like the low-salary coaches they all have.

Reactions: asindc
this is one of the reasons i dig you, pater. you're a number cruncher but not afraid to ride your emotions when you see fit. good stuff!

Thanks... We all get a little crazy talking about this cursed program, because we do love it! Btw I liked your new moniker given out to me and the Alford boys.... Alford Truthers... that made me laugh.

I'm gonna admit that, the more I talk to people about the Iowa thing, the more I sound like a conspiracy theorist even to myself. Which is fitting because I love conspiracy theories... not the flat earth one though. I'm so big on it that I think that "those in charge" even create the crazy conspiracy theories just to discredit the REAL ones.:)

Thanks... We all get a little crazy talking about this cursed program, because we do love it! Btw I liked your new moniker given out to me and the Alford boys.... Alford Truthers... that made me laugh.

I'm gonna admit that, the more I talk to people about the Iowa thing, the more I sound like a conspiracy theorist even to myself. Which is fitting because I love conspiracy theories... not the flat earth one though. I'm so big on it that I think that "those in charge" even create the crazy conspiracy theories just to discredit the REAL ones.:)

Nice! I can follow a good conspiracy theory to certain point.

You may like this:

Donovan has no connection to Indiana, doesn't give a chit about Indiana, and would bolt back the the NBA for money.

Alford is one of our own. He knows the state, recruits very well, and wins over 70% of the time. Not to mention conference championships and tourney championships. He gets Indiana basketball, and if Dakich is telling the truth.... wants to coach Indiana.

And lets face it, if he hadn't played for Indiana, he wouldn't give a chit about the IU job.

Alford over Donovan every damn day and twice on Sunday.
Let's face it, if he hadn't played at Indiana you wouldn't even be talking about him because his record is actually unimpressive.

If Donovan were offered a 7 year contract for 8 millon a year, I doubt very much that he would care about NBA,Cuse or anywhere else. He is most likely the kind of competitor to make IU the best place for recruits to be at. He has proven that he can not only win championships and recruit but I've never heard of any wrongdoing on his part either. He is an A+ get. Argue all you want but he is the main guy that can lift IU back up to elite status. Not even can one argue that point. Stevens or Mack would've been my only other options. If none can be had, Holtmann or Miller are next men up.My monies on Donovan. 90+ games a season will wear on you-ask Rickie P or Calapari.

The idea that loads of money will lure Donovan is false. He makes loads of money now and will do so for the rest of his career. Donovan spurned bigger money offers while at Florida several times .... passing on both the NBA and uk.
Why? Because he was happy. He often quoted his mentor, Pitino... "you don't mess with happiness". If Donovan is happy in the NBA, and I am told he is--- money isn't moving him.
Donovan has long had the NBA itch because it is "all basketball".... no recruting, booster gatherings etc.
He finally scratched the itch and I don't see him going back.

The voices, you mean the 40% to 60% here, Peegs, and 247 that are in an absolute delusion bubble? If that is what you mean by voices, then yes.
We paid an average coach like a top 10 coach...how about we get a top 5 coach and pay him like one. Makes sense....not sure why you don't think so.

Reactions: RevMatt and RRgo
We paid an average coach like a top 10 coach...how about we get a top 5 coach and pay him like one. Makes sense....not sure why you don't think so.

Because we had to, because we couldn't get a high level coach in here to clean up the dumpster fire that IU was. Just wait to see how much we're going to have to pay to get the next guy in. Yup, we're elite. Keep saying it to yourself. We're going to pay elite money and then some, that's for sure, because that's the only way to lure someone here with the supposed pedigree you think is required.

Riiiight -- nothing charcterizes an elite program like the low-salary coaches they all have.

Tony Bennett, $2.1M
Tom Izzo $3.75M
Greg Marshall $3.1M
Bob Huggins $3.4M
Bill Self $4.9M

I'm guessing we end up coming in north of Self but get someone of quality less than Self, and won't that be revealing.

Because we had to, because we couldn't get a high level coach in here to clean up the dumpster fire that IU was. Just wait to see how much we're going to have to pay to get the next guy in. Yup, we're elite. Keep saying it to yourself. We're going to pay elite money and then some, that's for sure, because that's the only way to lure someone here with the supposed pedigree you think is required.
You stupid or just retarded...elite programs pay top dollar. Being able to pay top dollar is "one" of the factors that makes this onenof the best jobs in the country. As an IU fan I'm not sure why you are debating that

Duke pays 7,000,000+, UK 6,800,000 ... obviously they were desperate and are now questioning if they're elite.

which is beyond stupid, especially on Duke's part, as Crususkie would probably still coach there if they paid him $750,000.

he could go elsewhere for more, but he wouldn't win the same, or be as happy, or have an iota's difference in his lifestyle.

You stupid or just retarded...elite programs pay top dollar. Being able to pay top dollar is "one" of the factors that makes this onenof the best jobs in the country. As an IU fan I'm not sure why you are debating that

That second word isn't an accepted word to be used anymore. You really shouldn't use it.

Top programs pay that to RETAIN coaches from leaving, and often they are there for decades and earned those raises. There are also many top tier programs that don't need to grovel or pimp themselves to get a coach either, because they are ELITE without needing to do so. This is the part you keep missing, but you still think we are elite, and that alone is the funny part.

Steve Alford makes $2.6M, in a very expensive market. Why? Because UCLA can get anyone they want. See the difference?

That second word isn't an accepted word to be used anymore. You really shouldn't use it.

Top programs pay that to RETAIN coaches from leaving, and often they are there for decades and earned those raises. There are also many top tier programs that don't need to grovel or pimp themselves to get a coach either, because they are ELITE without needing to do so. This is the part you keep missing, but you still think we are elite, and that alone is the funny part.

Steve Alford makes $2.6M, in a very expensive market. Why? Because UCLA can get anyone they want. See the difference?
Keep telling yourself that.

So if Billy D came in and wins a national title is IU still not elite even though they would be sitting in 3rd place all by themselves for most titles?

Donovan has no connection to Indiana, doesn't give a chit about Indiana, and would bolt back the the NBA for money.

Alford is one of our own. He knows the state, recruits very well, and wins over 70% of the time. Not to mention conference championships and tourney championships. He gets Indiana basketball, and if Dakich is telling the truth.... wants to coach Indiana.

And lets face it, if he hadn't played for Indiana, he wouldn't give a chit about the IU job.

Alford over Donovan every damn day and twice on Sunday.

notsure-1.jpg

Keep telling yourself that.

You are denying those salaries? Or you are denying that word you used is no longer acceptable? Or do you still think we are elite, despite winning only 3 conference titles in nearly 25 years. Name another ELITE program that has that bad a track record.

You are denying those salaries? Or you are denying that word you used is no longer acceptable? Or do you still think we are elite, despite winning only 3 conference titles in nearly 25 years. Name another ELITE program that has that bad a track record.
IU is an elite program sorry that bothers you.

Reactions: jaypay23
ADVERTISEMENT