ADVERTISEMENT

Donovan

You stupid or just retarded...elite programs pay top dollar. Being able to pay top dollar is "one" of the factors that makes this onenof the best jobs in the country. As an IU fan I'm not sure why you are debating that
he loves Crean. That is his intent and reasoning.

You are denying those salaries? Or you are denying that word you used is no longer acceptable? Or do you still think we are elite, despite winning only 3 conference titles in nearly 25 years. Name another ELITE program that has that bad a track record.
It doesn't matter every elite program is unique by itself.

IU is an elite program sorry that bothers you.

Sure, and Navy and Army are elite football programs. Look, I can accept we are a blue blood program, but we are not an elite program. We haven't been for a long time. Maybe we can get back there some day and claim that status, but today we are not an elite program. Nor were we 10 years ago or 15 years ago. We're in that second tier. We aren't on the Mt. Rushmore, it's sad to see people cling to things based on delusion and irrational facts. You can't, by definition, be ELITE and not even be above average in the conference. We made great strides the last 5 years with the two titles, but those were only 2 of 3 we won in 24 years. That isn't elite. Look at every other school that is truly elite, and they dominate their conference or finish 1 or 2 trading off (Duke \ UNC). We don't.

It doesn't matter every elite program is unique by itself.

Yes, we claim the ELITE uniqueness of laying claim of being elite without elite results in a quarter century. Even UCLA, which has only won one title in 42 years, at least has won a bunch of Pac 12 titles, gone to Final Fours still. Go through the elite schools (UCLA, UNC, Duke, Kansas, the schools you guys keep thinking we are equal too) and do the comparisons. Even schools like Arizona, Louisville, Michigan State, that next traunch, we have trailed. We are hanging on to banners from last century to make this claim.

Sure, and Navy and Army are elite football programs. Look, I can accept we are a blue blood program, but we are not an elite program. We haven't been for a long time. Maybe we can get back there some day and claim that status, but today we are not an elite program. Nor were we 10 years ago or 15 years ago. We're in that second tier. We aren't on the Mt. Rushmore, it's sad to see people cling to things based on delusion and irrational facts. You can't, by definition, be ELITE and not even be above average in the conference. We made great strides the last 5 years with the two titles, but those were only 2 of 3 we won in 24 years. That isn't elite. Look at every other school that is truly elite, and they dominate their conference or finish 1 or 2 trading off (Duke \ UNC). We don't.

No one is trying to argue that we've been an elite program the last 30 years.

They're arguing that the IU job has as much potential for success as any program in the country.

Mack will prove that. He is a smart hire.

he loves Crean. That is his intent and reasoning.

giphy.gif

No one is trying to argue that we've been an elite program the last 30 years.

They're arguing that the IU job has as much potential for success as any program in the country.

Mack will prove that. He is a smart hire.

What are you talking about, that is exactly what Bsmitty is arguing along with everyone else. You either are or you aren't elite. He said we're elite. No we aren't. This is like being pregnant. You can't be half pregnant. You either are or you aren't.

Mack would be an interesting hire, but he's also flamed and done some of the same things our fans get all pissed off about with Crean. He's had some bad hombres on his teams, one who got in trouble earlier this year. He flamed out with a very high seed early. We are so quick to make disparaging claims against certain coaches all while putting lipstick on others with the same warts.

Lol. Navy or Army are not elite programs they both maybe had one or two great decades.

What are you talking about, that is exactly what Bsmitty is arguing along with everyone else. You either are or you aren't elite. He said we're elite. No we aren't. This is like being pregnant. You can't be half pregnant. You either are or you aren't.

The word "elite" is dumb and subjective. IU is a top 6 job in america, so in that aspect it is better than everyone that isn't in that six.

You are a defeatist, loser.

Historically we are a top 6 program.

The word "elite" is dumb and subjective. IU is a top 6 job in america, so in that aspect it is better than everyone that isn't in that six.

You are a defeatist, loser.

Top 10 (except you have to deal with our fans and expectations that are unreal), not top 6.

Just wait until the new coach goes after a few kids outside the state and the provincial know it all fans lose their minds for him daring to look outside the state and not "locking it down". IU once had a championship team, with a guy named Steve Alford, in which Alford was the only kid from Indiana on it. So much irony.

Top 10 (except you have to deal with our fans and expectations that are unreal), not top 6.

Just wait until the new coach goes after a few kids outside the state and the provincial know it all fans lose their minds for him daring to look outside the state and not "locking it down". IU once had a championship team, with a guy named Steve Alford, in which Alford was the only kid from Indiana on it. So much irony.

IU
UNC
Duke
UCLA
UK
Kansas

If you try to argue outside of those the 6, you are an idiot. But go ahead and try.

Arizona, Louisville, Michigan State, We have only one less NCAA championships as these schools combined. Lol

Lol. Navy or Army are not elite programs they both maybe had one or two great decades.

But but but but they won titles, and that's the first thing our fans throw out there. FIVE BANNERS. They neglect to tell you that the 5 banners happened over 8 Final Fours, which means when we go, we usually win it. But there are schools that have far more Final Fours, meaning they are more relevant more often than we have been. Let alone actually being top 2 in the conference year in and year out, which hasn't happened in a quarter century.

Like i said one national title changes that. IU has had bad coaching hires since RMk. One good hire fixes all that.

What are you talking about, that is exactly what Bsmitty is arguing along with everyone else. You either are or you aren't elite. He said we're elite. No we aren't. This is like being pregnant. You can't be half pregnant. You either are or you aren't..

I listen to sports radio all day long and both the national guys and local ones say IU is one of the best jobs in the country.

So, I guess it depends on what your definition of "elite" is.

But but but but they won titles, and that's the first thing our fans throw out there. FIVE BANNERS. They neglect to tell you that the 5 banners happened over 8 Final Fours, which means when we go, we usually win it. But there are schools that have far more Final Fours, meaning they are more relevant more often than we have been. Let alone actually being top 2 in the conference year in and year out, which hasn't happened in a quarter century.
You done lost the argument when you compared IU BB to Navy and Army FB. Combined they both have a total of 2 championships and Navy has none.

Reactions: russelltodd
I listen to sports radio all day long and both the national guys and local ones say IU is one of the best jobs in the country.

So, I guess it depends on what your definition of "elite" is.

And plenty of articles and commentary (ESPN radio, Dan Patrick, etc) that say it is a good job, but not elite. Yes, it depends on your definition of elite. We aren't on that Mt. Rushmore of college basketball programs.

You done lost the argument when you compared IU BB to Navy and Army FB. Combined they both have a total of 2 championships and Navy has none.

Actually Army has 3, but good try. They won them all in a row, not sure how you could have missed that (1944, 1945, 1946). There are 2 others they are credited with by some selectors, but they choose not to claim (some schools do, some don't). 1914 and 1916.

Navy won 1, 1926. But facts aren't your strong suit.

You think our fans our bad go to the Cubs or Yankees message boards and you will see. That our fans are better then most. The only reason we are getting the bad rap lately is because the national media loved Crean and did not like the deserved ridiculing he was getting.

Reactions: russelltodd
Actually Army has 3, but good try. They won them all in a row, not sure how you could have missed that (1944, 1945, 1946). There are 2 others they are credited with by some selectors, but they choose not to claim (some schools do, some don't). 1914 and 1916.

Navy won 1, 1926. But facts aren't your strong suit.
You are reading the claims and anybody could have said they were the best then and claimed it. To prove that Princeton won 28. The actual championships are below that.

I heard Donovan was here at Nicks today! I live in B-town and I love IU. Two people confirmed the sighting. I pray it's true.

And plenty of articles and commentary (ESPN radio, Dan Patrick, etc) that say it is a good job, but not elite. Yes, it depends on your definition of elite. We aren't on that Mt. Rushmore of college basketball programs.

The same Dan Patrick that washes Knight's jock? Sorry, I don't trust his opinion on whether IU is elite any more.

I heard Donovan was here at Nicks today! I live in B-town and I love IU. Two people confirmed the sighting. I pray it's true.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. That's why there are cell phone pics of him everywhere while there.

(rolleyes)

He was in OKC conducting practice today. You trolls need to try better.

Reactions: jaypay23
The same Dan Patrick that washes Knight's jock? Sorry, I don't trust his opinion on whether IU is elite any more.

Dan Patrick never said IU isn't elite. I've listened for years. He's talked about IU every day since last Thursday. He's also been very critical of Knight. He treats him with respect when he's interviewing him but he's been very vocal about his transgressions.

Look, I can accept we are a blue blood program, but we are not an elite program. We haven't been for a long time. Maybe we can get back there some day and claim that status, but today we are not an elite program. Nor were we 10 years ago or 15 years ago. We're in that second tier. We aren't on the Mt. Rushmore, it's sad to see people cling to things based on delusion and irrational facts. You can't, by definition, be ELITE and not even be above average in the conference. We made great strides the last 5 years with the two titles, but those were only 2 of 3 we won in 24 years. That isn't elite. Look at every other school that is truly elite, and they dominate their conference or finish 1 or 2 trading off (Duke \ UNC). We don't.

How do you propose IUBB can get back to elite status? What are the necessary components? In what world is the acceptance of staus quo a reliable method for continuous improvement and elite success?

Dan Patrick never said IU isn't elite. I've listened for years. He's talked about IU every day since last Thursday. He's also been very critical of Knight. He treats him with respect when he's interviewing him but he's been very vocal about his transgressions.

He has Knight dolls all around him and when Bobby said he wished everyone at IU was dead, I didn't read anything from Patrick ripping him a new one or banning him from future shows.

And how is it a fact....because someone said it?
Is there any official statement showing this as fact?
Any photo of him proving it to be so?

There is but it's fuzzy. Must have been taken by a Bigfoot photographer.

Last edited:
Let's get this thread back on topic. Donovan WAS in Bloomington today. That's a fact.

It's not a "fact" unless there are actual pictures.

I mean, there seems to be about 50 people who "personally saw him" but not a single one took a picture.

Instead, all we got was badly photo-shopped nonsense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT