ADVERTISEMENT

DoJ wants players will be able to transfer…

So why not force professional leagues just to do 1 yr contracts so those players can transfer every year too?

Maybe the ncaa should stipulate all teams and players sign either 2 yr contracts or remainder of eligibility

Reactions: vesuvius13
All it means is some special interest money is coming in for some politicians who influence the justice department. Or department officials themselves. Always follow the money. But I can't figure who's big interests this is.

But the NCAA has been inept enough for long enough that I don't care if they are kicked around. Even if I don't know if the end result will be any good.

I'm of the belief of some who've posted that free agency and NIL won't harm schools such as Indiana though, but actually help by spreading talent around. I know we can't bid with the big boys, but we can compete in the middle and have the sometimes really good year.

Political mumbo jumbo. I've been around a long time. Politicians never change.

But I'm OK with players transferring whenever they want, SO LONG AS THEY MEET ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS AND SHOW PROGRESS TOWARDS GRADUATION.

I can see schools telling a kid... "oh you want to transfer? I don't think we can certify your Underwater Basket Weaving 101 class for any school outside of ours. Sorry."

Then you'll see transfers drop precipitously. But I doubt anyone would actually enforce that without opening up a can of worms.

Reactions: ESalum86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT