ADVERTISEMENT

DOJ/Trump developments- Special Master and rebuke to Cannon...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
So this is a thread to discuss developments in the legal aspects of the Investigation. Particularly the "defense" the Trump "legal experts" are laughingly trying to argue...
If you think we spend too much time discussing Trump, feel free to skip the thread. I'd just remind you that only one person tried to selfishly steal documents he has no right to and refused to return them...

Now I say that as someone who is admittedly biased, and the legal arguments I rely on are very experienced people, but they are on MSNBC,CNN and other mainstream media sites. So others may see things differently.

But some of the claims Trump's team are attempting to make seem ludicrous, like telling the Special Master (that they chose) that he can't ask them to identify which of the classified documents which Trump stole that he claims to have declassified? How did they not anticipate that being the Special Master's starting point?

Apart from the issues addressed there in a video from last night, we now know that the 11th Circuit has lifted Cannon's temporary hold and agreed with the DOJ about their need to resume examining the 100 "classified" documents. Since there was some concern that the 11th Circuit was "conservative" and might be inclined to side with Trump, the fact that the exact opposite occurred strikes me as especially noteworthy.

And since they basically disagreed with Cannon in the process, that would seem to indicate that Cannon would be on pretty shaky ground if she ruled for Trump (in the manner suggested in the video) and the DOJ appealed that as well? Thoughts?

Here's the latest from the 11th Circuit and their huge victory for the DOJ...

Reactions: IU_Hickory
So this is a thread to discuss developments in the legal aspects of the Investigation. Particularly the "defense" the Trump "legal experts" are laughingly trying to argue...
If you think we spend too much time discussing Trump, feel free to skip the thread. I'd just remind you that only one person tried to selfishly steal documents he has no right to and refused to return them...

Now I say that as someone who is admittedly biased, and the legal arguments I rely on are very experienced people, but they are on MSNBC,CNN and other mainstream media sites. So others may see things differently.

But some of the claims Trump's team are attempting to make seem ludicrous, like telling the Special Master (that they chose) that he can't ask them to identify which of the classified documents which Trump stole that he claims to have declassified? How did they not anticipate that being the Special Master's starting point?

Apart from the issues addressed there in a video from last night, we now know that the 11th Circuit has lifted Cannon's temporary hold and agreed with the DOJ about their need to resume examining the 100 "classified" documents. Since there was some concern that the 11th Circuit was "conservative" and might be inclined to side with Trump, the fact that the exact opposite occurred strikes me as especially noteworthy.

And since they basically disagreed with Cannon in the process, that would seem to indicate that Cannon would be on pretty shaky ground if she ruled for Trump (in the manner suggested in the video) and the DOJ appealed that as well? Thoughts?

It’s all delay tactics. That’s it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not a good day for Donnie Boy.

This guy had lost his marbles.
tenor.gif

Trump's team trying to get to hilary's email files.

Trump is really taking advantage of his followers being incapable of independent thought.

Will he walk them through how anyone would think hilary's emails were with him?

• Haha
Reactions: sglowrider

This guy has lost his marbles.
Interesting discussion here, bringing up the scope of the 11th Circuit's disgust with Cannon's overreach. And the insight from former Trump Campaign Strategist David Urban is telling, as he basically laughs out loud at the Trump team's delay tactics and attempts at "strategy"...

How embarrassing would it be for Trump to request to have SCOTUS review the case and have them choose to pass?

Reactions: sglowrider
Interesting discussion here, bringing up the scope of the 11th Circuit's disgust with Cannon's overreach. And the insight from former Trump Campaign Strategist David Urban is telling, as he basically laughs out loud at the Trump team's delay tactics and attempts at "strategy"...

How embarrassing would it be for Trump to request to have SCOTUS review the case and have them choose to pass?

The final stage of his 'delaying' tactic will be seeing him being incapacitated -- in a wheelchair or/then hospitalisation/treatment in a bed etc and then asking for a postponement of sentencing.

Saw it here with the former president of Indonesia a few years back; and just a couple of weeks ago with the corrupt former PM of Malaysia -- who is now ''bedridden''. But had earlier stolen $4.5billion from the gov't's coffers ... and yet his supporters think he has been set up.
Redirection.

Reactions: larsIU
Lol you got him now. Sure thats the end of it. Better warm up desantis for the onslaught.

Lol you got him now. Sure thats the end of it. Better warm up desantis for the onslaught.

Nah.... 74 million voted for him. That's all you need to know about the levels of stupidity in the country. He can say whatever stupid thing comes into his brain and Magadiots will buy it.

Reactions: cosmickid
His hand picked special master is calling bullshit on everything they come up with. Meanwhile, he's on Hannity digging himself in deeper. It's a beautiful thing.
Here's one of his own employees (IU's own Miles Taylor) presenting insight into how Trump actually thinks. When they start talking about how a jury might react my mind starts to see the possibility that members of a jury might actually come to view him as insane.

Also love how Miles chides people who use the term TDS, and suggests it would make more sense to apply it to Trump's own thinking...And Kelly running out to buy a book on psychiatry in order to be able to deal with Trump?

Priceless...

Here's one of his own employees (IU's own Miles Taylor) presenting insight into how Trump actually thinks. When they start talking about how a jury might react my mind starts to see the possibility that members of a jury might actually come to view him as insane.

Also love how Miles chides people who use the term TDS, and suggests it would make more sense to apply it to Trump's own thinking...And Kelly running out to buy a book on psychiatry in order to be able to deal with Trump?

Priceless...

Despite the tag, don't know if this is actually "breaking news" or not, although it's the first I've been aware of it. Ben is an attorney, so his insight into these issues is normally pretty spot on from a legal standpoint...

Anyway this ruling from Dearie is mega bad news for Trump, and some of it is pretty hilarious as well.

First off Dearie has ordered Trump/lawyers to submit signed affidavits regarding the documents in question by Sept 30, basically telling them to put up or shut up on the whole "declassification" issue. Since Dearie is an active judge, a perjury count would have serious consequences...

Also Charging Trump $500/ hr for his services and hiring an assistant to facilitate the court's ability to accept payment,. And in a move I found hilarious, warning Trump of dire consequences (violation of SM order) if he tries to skate or delay making his payments. I'm wondering how much confidence this instils in Trump's lawyers regarding the likelihood of them getting paid?

Despite the tag, don't know if this is actually "breaking news" or not, although it's the first I've been aware of it. Ben is an attorney, so his insight into these issues is normally pretty spot on from a legal standpoint...

Anyway this ruling from Dearie is mega bad news for Trump, and some of it is pretty hilarious as well.

First off Dearie has ordered Trump/lawyers to submit signed affidavits regarding the documents in question by Sept 30, basically telling them to put up or shut up on the whole "declassification" issue. Since Dearie is an active judge, a perjury count would have serious consequences...

Also Charging Trump $500/ hr for his services and hiring an assistant to facilitate the court's ability to accept payment,. And in a move I found hilarious, warning Trump of dire consequences (violation of SM order) if he tries to skate or delay making his payments. I'm wondering how much confidence this instils in Trump's lawyers regarding the likelihood of them getting paid?

Meh. He’ll pay him. He paid $1000 per hour for hookers, and then they doubled the rate when they saw what they were working with.

So a different Trump appointed Judge has already cited the 11th Circuit's ruling in shutting down an attempt by Mike Pillow to pull his own version of a Trump stunt regarding the evidence on his confiscated phone...

This just get's more hilarious by the minute...

someone forget to hit send on the spam email...i mean email asking for donations
For some reason the texts that were previously being sent to me (nearly 3x per day or more) have virtually stopped. I have no idea what happened since I never responded or marked them as spam, but the last one I got was some poll demanding Biden take a cognitive test, and that was in April.

Guess if you're going to claim that you can declassify documents with your mind, you can't really challenge the mental acuity of anyone else...

So a different Trump appointed Judge has already cited the 11th Circuit's ruling in shutting down an attempt by Mike Pillow to pull his own version of a Trump stunt regarding the evidence on his confiscated phone...

This just get's more hilarious by the minute...

Whoever came up with this Special Master within Team trump is probably about to lose their gig. Dearie just gave Trump a week to prove his claim that the FBI planted documents at MAL. Trump has never been this powned in his entire life...

someone forget to hit send on the spam email...i mean email asking for donations
I honestly think that explanation isn't far off. There are still plenty of people who will dip into their life savings for whatever Trump asks them for.

Being the email marketing manager for Trump-affiliated stuff has to be one of the easiest jobs ever. Write an email damning the 'deep state,' say the election was stolen and they're going to steal it again unless you give $50 and hit send.

Make sure there aren't any glitches in accepting donations and take the rest of the day off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT