ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone go to church anymore?

MaxCoke

Junior
Dec 4, 2010
I do I guess.. My wife and kids do. Youngest has to get points to be confirmed. Bad breakfast.

Yes, mk's denomination concentrates on the rehabilitation of wayward women.

$(KGrHqRHJCoFJlO3PCfjBSdWznCDzw~~60_35.JPG

Reactions: kkott
I still go to church, but it's a personal thing for me, and I don't care how others view it. I've survived two different types of cancer at the age of 31, and recently lost a good friend to a brainstem glioma. I go to collect my thoughts, and if there is something else out there, i want to be on the right side of it.

Last edited:
I loathe religion but send my kids to a Catholic school because the public schools suck in our city. To coach basketball at the school you must attend church weekly. Luckily for me Catholics have church every day and during the week the whole service is over within 25 minutes (no music, etc...). So I go every Wednesday morning and must admit that it's relaxing. I use that time to decompress a bit and just reflect on things. Wouldn't go though if it wasn't required.

I do I guess.. My wife and kids do. Youngest has to get points to be confirmed. Bad breakfast.
I was raised in church...my dad was a minister. I went regularly until about a year or so ago. Now I just watch it on TV. It's way better and convenient for me. I can dvr it if I'm on shift. I think more and more people are doing that these days.

I go about every Sunday or Saturday night. I also go on Saturdays to what we call GODWOD (crossfit gym put it on). I am not a super religious person nor are most of the people who go to GODWOD. We use it as a time to sit down collect our thoughts talk about life and how we can be better humans. The church I go to is great. Very informal very not cram it down your throat. More laid back and the pastor is very easy to talk to. Actually one of the pastors from the church I meet with regularly to talk about life, business and what more we can do to help people. A lot of what I do in my business and how I donate and help people comes from these people. They provide great guidance on life. I was working with a group who were trying to help people in Haiti and he provide me with great insight from his mission work he did in Africa that we then used for people in Haiti. He also is going to help my wife and I work on a new organization for foster kids and providing them with things they need as they go through the foster system.

Reactions: Moops
Going to church faithfully should be a by-product of having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ: All Day Every Day. Those who do not are missing out on great and mighty wonders.

Those who use church as a social gathering between sins are missing out on the true wonders of God. Pray for the Lord's grace to increase on you as only the Lord can change us.

I've been going 3-4 times a week...once to play basketball with the saints, most Wednesday nights, and twice on Sunday. Only went once yesterday though. I admit I have been going so much that it feels kind of cult-ish at times. However, I really see and feel the Holy Spirit working in my life. It's Glorious. I can't wait to see where the Lord leads us next. We're looking at a missions trip to the Ivory Coast, Thailand, or Northern India. Keep us in your prayers, faithful ones.

I used to go every Sunday. Then I got tired of all the judging and hypocrisy I saw at churches and especially from the outwardly and publicly religious folks. We are raising our kids Catholic (wife is Catholic), so we/I am still involved. I find faith in general to be a hugely important thing. All of us will get to some low point when we need something greater than man or reason. But I have increasingly disliked organized religion.

Reactions: cryano
Yep, but I can't stand Sunday morning services. Guess I have an issue with getting up yet another day, getting ready and driving somewhere. Been doing that routine too long I guess. The church we attend has a 5pm Sat evening service. I'll be trying that out.

I wonder if the money grubbing nature of some churches have chased some people away.I go to Sunday Mass and contribute money weekly,but I refuse to remember my Parish in my will,even though my Pastor wants us to.

I was raised in church...my dad was a minister. I went regularly until about a year or so ago. Now I just watch it on TV. It's way better and convenient for me. I can dvr it if I'm on shift. I think more and more people are doing that these days.

I really enjoy the feeling of being in church as Bgunn touched on above. TV just doesn't do that for me. I guess I'd say the contemplation and reverence. The church I go to has a beautiful huge stained glass in the front and when the choir is singing and the sunlight is streaming through, it's special.

Reactions: crossfire74
Assembly Hall used to be my church. Then the money changers took over.
I think it's important that, given that you were the very special person chosen by Him to see this, that you take on the modern world role of His son and do likewise as He did and go there. Now. Straightaway. And cast them out. Go.

I have moved on from believing in imaginary beings that control our existence, beings that apparently want us to hate everyone else who believes in imaginary beings with slightly different names or characteristics.

Organized religion absolutely sucks dicks.

I have moved on from believing in imaginary beings that control our existence, beings that apparently want us to hate everyone else who believes in imaginary beings with slightly different names or characteristics.

Organized religion absolutely sucks dicks.
WRONG! You believe that the Patties never cheated. That's about as imaginary as it gets dude!

The fact that you don't think there's a God....shows me just how dumb you truly are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT