ADVERTISEMENT

I think my golf game is beginning to come together right before winter time.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
Because I had an unused vacation day, I took Friday off to play with my buddies at Timbergate Golf Course in Edinburgh. There were eight of us, but my retired dentist buddy wound up in the other foursome. Teams are determined by taking a golf ball from every participant, throwing them up in the air and the balls closest to each other are on the same team.

We play the Stableford System and everybody has a quota. Each golfer's quota is determined by how many Stableford points he is averaging per round.

My quota was 18 Friday because I haven't been playing well this year. However, I shot a 43-39 for an 82 and was 10 points over my quota Friday. We wound up winning the front, tying the back and winning the total. Unfortunately, my quota will be 24 Sunday and nobody is going to want me for a partner.

Even though it was extremely windy, I played my best round of the year at Timbergate. I had one birdie, eight pars, eight bogeys and one triple bogey. My strategy of hitting two extra clubs on my approach shots and par 3 holes apparently is working for me.

Obviously, we didn't play today due to the wind advisory. However, I am looking forward to playing again Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT