Votes: 24 23.5%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 18 17.6%

• Total voters
Oregon for Football and Basketball and NIKE home team in the B1G
Washington for Football
ND for Football

Reactions: Seyton
Yes, what a dumb question. Huge brand and name, no matter what one thinks. A league with the traditional B1G teams + USC/UCLA and Notre Dame is a cash cow powerhouse that won't be matched by any conference in the country. Nothing but good for IU.

Reactions: Univee2
I despise ND every since I thought they cheated their way to a win in 91. Same in 90, I think. Anyway, yes. Take em in and beat the hell out of them. 😂

read an article the other day that IU and Purdue could one day be kicked out of the Big 10 be careful what you wish for, how in the hell will we ever compete in football, with nd ohio st michigan usc ucla oregon etc

read an article the other day that IU and Purdue could one day be kicked out of the Big 10 be careful what you wish for, how in the hell will we ever compete in football, with nd ohio st michigan usc ucla oregon etc
They still need teams to beat up on. Can’t kick all the lower teams out. IU is around 8th in the conference value wise. Purdue is 13th.

I feel like the revenue IU will bring in will limit the advantages Ohio State had before. When we were grossing $5 mil and they were bringing in $15-20mil there was a decided advantage in resources back in the day just based on game day revenue (tickets, concessions, parking...etc). Those schools still have that advantage but when we are making $100mil in TV revenue alone, the $10-$15mil difference annually in game day revenue is minimized drastically.

I say all that because we can stay very close to on par with facility upgrades. The recruiting will pick up a lot of ground at the bottom of the conference because recruits will be less likely to play for a Baylor, Virginia, Iowa State, Washington State...etc., over a team like Indiana in a big boy conference. The big boys have always been recruiting great so I don't see that improving their talent pool at the level the teams like Indiana, NW, PU...etc. will. So there will be a lot more parity in the league compared to what we have been use to seeing. I say bring it on!

Nothn better than goin up to South Bend to watch a football game! Especially if IU were to play there! Cant wait til 2030!

I feel like the revenue IU will bring in will limit the advantages Ohio State had before. When we were grossing $5 mil and they were bringing in $15-20mil there was a decided advantage in resources back in the day just based on game day revenue (tickets, concessions, parking...etc). Those schools still have that advantage but when we are making $100mil in TV revenue alone, the $10-$15mil difference annually in game day revenue is minimized drastically.

I say all that because we can stay very close to on par with facility upgrades. The recruiting will pick up a lot of ground at the bottom of the conference because recruits will be less likely to play for a Baylor, Virginia, Iowa State, Washington State...etc., over a team like Indiana in a big boy conference. The big boys have always been recruiting great so I don't see that improving their talent pool at the level the teams like Indiana, NW, PU...etc. will. So there will be a lot more parity in the league compared to what we have been use to seeing. I say bring it on!
I hope you are right, until we can fill a stadium, we will always be at a competitive disadvantage

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
It was all sports combined. Football IU is 9th and Purdue was 11th. It’s easy to find. I’m to tired to argue. Some of the info is in the stuff that acb dude was arguing about.
I tip my hat to IU fans. They've made the second worst program in the history of major college football more valuable than 5 programs in their own conference.

Take a bow, people. That's really impressive.

That actually adds up with the Wall Street Journal article on the value of college football teams.

IU is 9th in the Big Ten and Purdue is 13th.
I’ve seen Purdue at 11th but IU is 8/9 consistently in value. Don’t know why but it’s what’s reported.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
I like regional conferences and keeping things as is. If it were up to me, I'd jettison Rutgers, Maryland, Penn St., and Nebraska. Why it makes any sense for Rutgers to fly out to Los Angeles for a conference game is beyond me.

No, but strategically speaking for the B1G it would be unwise.

They are probably trying to figure out a way to remain on Notre Dame island like it’s the 80s

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT