ADVERTISEMENT

Disrespect?

Rumor was Neb Coach was at B10 media day begging for hem to be able to play IU instead of the OSU/PSU’s of B10E. Players saying IUbnotnin same class as a program as NE.

Little stuff that was seemingly eating at everyone from Ad, HC & players.

Think you have to be smarter, more disciplined as a team overall, but don’t want to ignore the passion the team has. It’s really more about tweaking than full scale changes needed.

Rumor was Neb Coach was at B10 media day begging for hem to be able to play IU instead of the OSU/PSU’s of B10E. Players saying IUbnotnin same class as a program as NE.

Think you have to be smarter, more disciplined as a team overall, but don’t want to ignore the passion the team has. It’s really more about tweaking than full scale changes needed.
Why would that just be coming out now?

Nebraska has nothing now without a good football team, let them wallow in their misery. Nevraska fans booing injured IU players is classless. Frost is over-rated. And if true about dissing IU football, a shitty person. Enjoy your loss NEB. The Skull and Cossbones black shirts were an ugly Halloween uni. Trick or Treat.

Nebraska is the has been bully who ran his mouth too much and called on the dawgs. We came, put them on their arse and they're regaining consciousness today. Hopefully it's a lessened learned. This is not the Big 12.

Nebraska has nothing now without a good football team, let them wallow in their misery.
I've got a good friend who is a NE grad and fan. Good guy. Not an asshole. Knows they're bad.

They've been reduced to following NE volleyball. Made the trek down here just the other night.

It's really been hard for me not to be deep in his shit. But he doesn't deserve it. It sucks enough to be him right now.

Fans of the great Nebraska program might be interested that we still lead the all time series, with 10 wins, eight losses and two ties. We won nine straight in the 1940s and 1950s.

A couple of years ago our basketball board got into it with a Nebraska fan, who said that Nebraska basketball has accomplished more than Indiana football. I don't know if I agree with that. I know we don't have a great history, but Nebraska has never won an NCAA basketball tournament game. In fact, about the only Cornhusker players that even come to mind are Eric Piatkowski and Muncie's Jack Moore. Meanwhile, our football program has made it to a Rose Bowl, twice finished seasons ranked fourth, and had two players finish in the top six in Heisman voting.

Another thing is the Big 8 was basically Oklahoma and Nebraska, and usually not much else most of those years. And Nebraska didn't become a power until Oklahoma slipped in the 1960s.

It's good talking point material, but who would blame them for wanting to play some combination of IU, Rutgers & MD vs. some combo of UM, MSU, PSU or OSU? They played PSU & OSU in '17 and MSU & OSU in '18. Fred talking trash about it is stupid.

Fred wasn’t talking trash? He was internally responding to their trash?? WTF?

Exactly [without the vulgar acronym].

Nebraska (i.e., Scott Frost) may think that playing Indiana more frequently assures additional wins, but vocalizing that in a public setting is boorish and tactless behavior especially when throwing shade on another conference program.

Fred Glass veiled reference was perfectly timed--after a Hoosier victory over the Cornhuskers, who need to eat some humble pie.

Generally speaking, I like the decency and midwestern values of the Nebraska program and fans--as opposed to the mis-conferenced Maryland and Rutgers' programs--but Scott Frost coaching has missed the mark this season; he needs some maturation.

Last edited:
Exactly [without the vulgar acronym].

Nebraska (i.e., Scott Frost) may think that playing Indiana more frequently assures additional wins, but vocalizing that in a public setting is boorish and tactless behavior especially when throwing shade on another conference program.

Fred Glass veiled reference was perfectly timed--after a Hoosier victory over the Cornhuskers, who need to eat some humble pie.

Generally speaking, I like the decency and midwestern values of the Nebraska program and fans--as opposed to the mis-conferenced Maryland and Rutgers' programs--but Scott Frost coaching has missed the mark this season; he needs some maturation.

I would agree if they said something in a public setting......do you think that was the case?

Reactions: vesuvius13
I would agree if they said something in a public setting......do you think that was the case?

It was said at the Big Ten coaches conference. It wasn’t an “official” interview but the comments were made for enough people there to catch wind of it.

Actually, Frost was fairly complimentary in his post game but public speaking looks very uncomfortable for him.

At B1G media frost stated he wanted to play Indiana every year implying they would get more wins. Been stated in multiple posts. Pissed Fred and Tom off.

According to the Nebraska forum.........Frost questioned scheduling that would have them play OSU numerous times over a given # of years, and Indiana once.

IF that's what he said, as I suspect, since nobody has quoted him on here, it was clumsy, but it's not saying he 'wanted to play Indiana every year'. Like I said, it's no big deal....bulletin board stuff....but Fred's not the one to trash talk.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
According to the Nebraska forum.........Frost questioned scheduling that would have them play OSU numerous times over a given # of years, and Indiana once.

IF that's what he said, as I suspect, since nobody has quoted him on here, it was clumsy, but it's not saying he 'wanted to play Indiana every year'. Like I said, it's no big deal....bulletin board stuff....but Fred's not the one to trash talk.
I hear ya. Water under the bridge now.

I've always thought Glass to be a soft AD, but I actually like him going after the Nebraska clowns with those comments. It reminds me of Louisville's old athletic director, Tommy Jurich. Tommy was a fantastic AD for UofL regardless of how Pitino shook out. He was also a bulldog who wouldn't put up with crap like that.

My hat's off to Fred Glass. We all have different opinions and different ways of looking at things.

I've always thought Glass to be a soft AD, but I actually like him going after the Nebraska clowns with those comments.[...]
My hat's off to Fred Glass. We all have different opinions and different ways of looking at things.
Agreed. It was like when Wilson blasted the Colts punter (name escapes me) who was laughing about IU football on the radio. You don't have to put up with that shit. Nice we got to stick it to them.

It was said at the Big Ten coaches conference. It wasn’t an “official” interview but the comments were made for enough people there to catch wind of it.

Actually, Frost was fairly complimentary in his post game but public speaking looks very uncomfortable for him.

No that wasn't complimentary? He just said show up everyday against B1G opponents?
Thanks for the correction. I liked that when it happened. It's taken a while, but we're no longer a laughingstock, and it started with Wilson.

I agree that CKW did a lot to change and improve the program. So has CTA. I loved that interview!! CKW call those guys out and wouldn't accept the jokes about our program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT