ADVERTISEMENT

Dirty plays

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
Happen all the time in the B1G. I like when we have some balls every once in awhile too.

Just want to make sure we highlight plays that fans here would be calling for removal from the team if done here.

Should have been a Flagrant 2. Total crap that the Rutgers guy didn’t kicked out for intentionally stepping on the guy’s knee, yet NU’s Langborg got booted earlier for a basketball play that happened to catch a guy in the sack. These refs stink!!!

Should have been a Flagrant 2. Total crap that the Rutgers guy didn’t kicked out for intentionally stepping on the guy’s knee, yet NU’s Langborg got booted earlier for a basketball play that happened to catch a guy in the sack. These refs stink!!!
Im sure they will kick X out for facial expressions when he comes back.

Reactions: CriticArisen
Happen all the time in the B1G. I like when we have some balls every once in awhile too.

Just want to make sure we highlight plays that fans here would be calling for removal from the team if done here.

We dont see what happened before both ended up on the ground. But what could have been retaliation or not, completely wrong. And this stuff should be met with more than a slap on the wrist. At least an 8 game sit on the bench, do stupid crap like this again your gone. This aint basketball, this aint havin balls, this is a thug at work. Why does this take place? Its allowed to.

It’s Rutgers. Honestly, what would you expect? Doesn’t really diminish the dumb stunts X has pulled. But you’re right about his facial expressions. He’s clearly a marked man by the big officials.

Does anyone remember what X did to Mulcahy a couple seasons ago that ended up.with Mulcahy tagging X with a decent left hook? Mulcahy got ejected, I don't think X did.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
So enough wrongs make it right?
Antics are part of the game. Mental and physical. If you break a rule there is a penalty. Rules get broke every game, mostly fouls and out of bounds. Still rules you cannot do, and there are penalties associated with them. In hockey you can fight each other for a bit before they stop it. Hard fouls and dirty fouls are part of the game and always have been.

I am all for setting a tone and putting a player on their ass if they are driving the lane constantly and scoring at will. Send a message.

I was an IU student from 1972-76 and I don't remember any of our players doing a single dirty thing during those four years. Of course, we had a strict coach and classy players. A lot of them were good friends of mine and they were very humble. They had great work ethics, however. I wish it still was that way at IU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT