ADVERTISEMENT

Did Overton shut it down for the year?

Chad_36

All-American
Mar 23, 2002
Jeff Overton...the player everyone hates but us.

I assume he shut it down for the year because of his wrist. He was going to lose his card this year so I assume he's going to claim medical exemption for about 4 tournaments this fall and try to get his card back. Anybody hear about this?

I assume he shut it down for the year because of his wrist. He was going to lose his card this year so I assume he's going to claim medical exemption for about 4 tournaments this fall and try to get his card back. Anybody hear about this?

I'm assuming the same thing but haven't been able to find anything official.

Doesn't Overton hold some sort of unofficial record for the fastest round in a PGA event? So he's got that going for him.

Jeff Overton was my daughter's junior golf coach when she was 7 or 8. He commented to my wife that she had an almost perfect swing. He was a junior and was already the best high school player in the area. I was pretty pleased she drew him as her coach

"the player everyone hates but us"

I understand that Overton went to IU and was in the 2012 Ryder Cup but don't know much about him beyond that. What is the overall story about him regarding the above quote?

How does the medical exemption work, so late in the year?

Overton isn't held in high esteem among other tour pros and doesn't have many friends. He has yet to mature. I wish he would've because the sky was the limit. His caddy dumped him a few tournaments into this year. I have no clue who's on his bag now.

So it works like this. He shut it down with 4 tournaments to go. Whatever the point number of the 125th placed player in Fed Ex Cup points ends up being, he'll get 4 tournaments to get to that number of points starting with however many points he has at the end of the year...or he could earn as much money as the 125th player on the money list, but that would be harder. Either scenario looks unlikely, so he'll likely be on the web.com tour. There is a career money exemption but I don't imagine he would be eligible to use that.

How does the medical exemption work, so late in the year?
My understanding is if he is granted the exemption, he'll get X number of tournaments at the beginning of next year, based on a formula that involves how many he missed this year due to injury, to get his $$$ into the top 125.

He's so far behind right now, though, it doesn't seem likely, unless he comes out of the gate and really tears it up.

Just looked it up. Overton is 122nd in career PGA earnings. (Which seems absured!!!) so he's not eligible for it.

Just looked it up. Overton is 122nd in career PGA earnings. (Which seems absured!!!) so he's not eligible for it.

So his career is possibly done. He'll have some conditional status, I assume?

If he isn't hurt he should easily earn his status back after a year on the web.com

Reactions: C-$
I don't like Jeff. In college he went to hit a guy and punched my buddy at Kilroys. Ran outta there like a little biatch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT