ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats edging out Republicans

The Dems are so out of touch, and led by such a nursing home crew of "leaders", I fully expect a large wipeout of Republican wins across the board.

The House Democratic leadership is basically all senile and can't even handle a talking point on TV. They've run this same leadership group for two decades, and the horse is dead. Pelosi will resign sometime very shortly after the elections.

Biden is also mentally fried. The best thing that can happen for Dems is a huge wipeout and a cleanup of the carcasses. Literally nobody will be enthusiastic about a Biden 24 run. All you see when you look at Democrats in Washington is pitiful, lost old people that can't tie their shoes
Do you want to tell them?

Reactions: vesuvius13
It might take a total slaughter of the MAGA candidates at the polls to begin the purge we need.
Some but not all as Lake is well ahead in AZ. Many others have leads in other states but who knows how the votes will turn out.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I had never heard of the guy, and as even the Beacon admits no one connected with the Dem House committees responsible for getting Dems elected is assisting him in any manner...I believe his opponent is a moderate who has denounced people like MTG. so I'm not sure what "Dem voters" would see relatable in his positions that would cause them to vote for Esrati?

"Esrati may be proud of his provocative past, but his party is not. Esrati is running with almost no support from Democrats at any level. The Ohio Democratic Party disavowed his candidacy, citing his "inflammatory and offensive language." The Montgomery County Democratic Party refused to endorse Esrati in September, and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has made no public mention of Esrati’s candidacy."

Now compare that with the slew of wackos running in AZ, that are getting funding from either GOP official sources, ultra right wing anti-democrats like Bannon and Thiel or both...

So compare how Dems react to Esrati, to how many Pubs are reacting to Masters, Lake, Finchem etc...

It sounds like most Dems are against a guy like Esrati, but only people like Rusty Bowers and Brnovich are the lone wolfs among their party willing to call out the GOP's version of Esrati

How come I know about Masters, Lake and Finchem (thru GOP amplification) but Dems have relegated their problem child to obscurity? The GOP actively promotes their horrible candidates, the Dems seemingly cut their's off by refusing to supply oxygen. I prefer the Dem method...

Reactions: bailey777

I haven't ever heard her speak or follow her. She did have an excellent response in this clip. She seems very sharp and you can tell she has media experience.
It's good, but I didn't like the pivot. I'd prefer she ended with the statement, "but I wasn't at the capital on that day. I'm sorry for your loss. [pause/moment of silence]. Next question."

Pivoting into her campaign issues is slick, to be sure, but in poor taste in my mind. (and no, I don't think she's responsible for any deaths on Jan. 6).

To her credit, she seems like the type of person who might take the above advice.

EDIT: I watched some of her campaign video. She has a great idea for education--dual tracking. Every kid, after 10th grade, decides if they want to go the college or trade track and then gets prepared for that. Love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'd expect dbm to repost this moron's attempt to rally the xenophobic element of her base supporters (notice he "liked" your post). But either Lake's abjectly stupid, a liar or both as she tries to somehow link this to the issue of immigration/ border security...

Lake would have the lacking brain cells people who would vote for her to believe that this guy is some "illegal immigrant" who crossed "Biden's open border" with in the past 2 yrs. The reality is that he's a one time MBA student from Angola who for whatever reason dropped out of school and as a result is in violation of his student visa status. I assume he was a student within Arizona, and he's characterized as a 36 yr old "Phoenix resident". But no matter how long ago he enrolled if he was a student in AZ he came to that state while the GOP was in power, not any Dem Governor or Joe Biden...

This is the same sort of designed to fool morons fabrication the GOP has successfully employed in the Pelosi case where the "illegal immigrant" was from Canada and first came to the US in early 2008. Then there's JD Vance trying to pretend that somehow the "illegal immigrant" who raped the girl in Ohio who had to travel to IN for an abortion was "Biden's fault". In that case the "illegal immigrant" had lived in Columbus for 5 or 6 yrs, and I'm not sure there's been a Dem Governor in Ohio this century.

It's good, but I didn't like the pivot. I'd prefer she ended with the statement, "but I wasn't at the capital on that day. I'm sorry for your loss. [pause/moment of silence]. Next question."

Pivoting into her campaign issues is slick, to be sure, but in poor taste in my mind. (and no, I don't think she's responsible for any deaths on Jan. 6).

To her credit, she seems like the type of person who might take the above advice.

EDIT: I watched some of her campaign video. She has a great idea for education--dual tracking. Every kid, after 10th grade, decides if they want to go the college or trade track and then gets prepared for that. Love it.
Kind of rough on late bloomers. Also puts a big decision on a really young mind. I’m all for the trades. Not sure I support tracking

I thought she was extremely patient and showed empathy when it wasn't deserved. The reporter asking the question was in poor taste and CBS should know better than to take advantage of the policeman's mother. Thanks for the education information. I'll check it out.

That’s not new. Most schools in indiana do this. In Monroe county and surrounding schools bused kids to Hoosier Hills. They had a pre-nursing program too. Trades start in your JR year. Most guys I know stayed in the trades too.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Kind of rough on late bloomers. Also puts a big decision on a really young mind. I’m all for the trades. Not sure I support tracking
They already do this. I took auto shop my jr and sr year. They had a co-op program. I worked half days my second semester of Sr year. (30 years ago)They still do this.

Reactions: Spartans9312
They already do this. I took auto shop my jr and sr year. They had a co-op program. I worked half days my second semester of Sr year. (30 years ago)They still do this.
no i get that. but kids who took shop still applied for college etc if they wanted. i think she's contemplating something more akin to the levels in great britain where you are pigeonholed. i think

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
no i get that. but kids who took shop still applied for college etc if they wanted. i think she's contemplating something more akin to the levels in great britain where you are pigeonholed. i think
Thanks. Yeah that won’t fly.

He's running away with it

Rich Baris "The People's Pundit"

@Peoples_Pundit

·
1h

Democrats are getting hit with a one-two electoral punch. The shift among Hispanics in key states and regions is the straight left, and the swing among suburban white women is the overhand right. Two blocs they thought were a lock. It makes a wipeout so much more likely.

Looks like the vaunted white suburban woman vote the dems thought they had locked away is in fact moving away from them. But I thought abortion was supposed to drive all of these woment to vote dem!!!! I was told abortion was going to do repubs in with women!!

Reactions: dbmhoosier

PollWatch

@PollWatch2020

From Jon Ralston about NV: "The Dems are in trouble in Nevada. The reason is simple: Mail is way down in Clark County from 2020, and the numbers are just not big enough to boost the Clark firewall after the GOP wins in-person early voting every day."

Reactions: dbmhoosier

“This is not what we expected,” said Christine Alexandria Olivio, the Democratic House candidate in Florida’s 26th Congressional District in South Florida. “This is worse than what we expected. We’re getting our butts kicked right now.”

That’s not new. Most schools in indiana do this. In Monroe county and surrounding schools bused kids to Hoosier Hills. They had a pre-nursing program too. Trades start in your JR year. Most guys I know stayed in the trades too.
What years where you in Hoosier hills?

Rich Baris "The People's Pundit"
@Peoples_Pundit

·
1h

Democrats are getting hit with a one-two electoral punch. The shift among Hispanics in key states and regions is the straight left, and the swing among suburban white women is the overhand right. Two blocs they thought were a lock. It makes a wipeout so much more likely.

Looks like the vaunted white suburban woman vote the dems thought they had locked away is in fact moving away from them. But I thought abortion was supposed to drive all of these woment to vote dem!!!! I was told abortion was going to do repubs in with women!!
Once the Hispanics go Pub, Dem's will build that wall faster than a Trump FBI Raid. All 3000' miles. It will then be sold in high density urban areas that Dem's are here to solve their violence problems. It was the mexicans the whole time.
Mark it down!

So I'd expect dbm to repost this moron's attempt to rally the xenophobic element of her base supporters (notice he "liked" your post). But either Lake's abjectly stupid, a liar or both as she tries to somehow link this to the issue of immigration/ border security...

Lake would have the lacking brain cells people who would vote for her to believe that this guy is some "illegal immigrant" who crossed "Biden's open border" with in the past 2 yrs. The reality is that he's a one time MBA student from Angola who for whatever reason dropped out of school and as a result is in violation of his student visa status. I assume he was a student within Arizona, and he's characterized as a 36 yr old "Phoenix resident". But no matter how long ago he enrolled if he was a student in AZ he came to that state while the GOP was in power, not any Dem Governor or Joe Biden...

This is the same sort of designed to fool morons fabrication the GOP has successfully employed in the Pelosi case where the "illegal immigrant" was from Canada and first came to the US in early 2008. Then there's JD Vance trying to pretend that somehow the "illegal immigrant" who raped the girl in Ohio who had to travel to IN for an abortion was "Biden's fault". In that case the "illegal immigrant" had lived in Columbus for 5 or 6 yrs, and I'm not sure there's been a Dem Governor in Ohio this century.
So you’re saying it WAS a watergate style break-in orchestrated by Lake?
Or are you just trying to get some talking points in?

I hope so, because I'm going to go all "stoll" on this board and start bitching 24/7 on 11/09/22 if things don't change immediately. Inflation? GOP fault. Recession? GOP fault. Supply-chain issues? GOP fault. Employee shortages? GOP fault. Gas prices not plummeting to $2.00 by that weekend? GOP fault. Righty politician fails to cross a "t" or dot an "i"? What an incompetent, senile fool. Same if one trips on a crack in the sidewalk or even walks too slowly for my liking.
I fully expect that this great nation, which has been described endlessly for 2 years as a dumpster fire/train wreck by the conservatives on this board, to be set right within a week. No excuses.

It's on like Donkey Kong.
:rolleyes:
Just remember -- the Fed Chair was appointed by (wait for it) ......... Trump !!

All the liberal pollers are starting to throw in the towel this week. They cannot find a way to show the dems in the lead any longer and have had to shift to likely voter models.

But more concerning for Democrats — with just 18 days to go before the election — is that the Republican advantage grows to 6 points, 53% to 47%, among all likely voters who live in the battleground states of Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, North Carolina, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Tweet​

𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐋: GOP holds 𝟲 𝗣𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗧 lead over Democrats on in Battleground States Republicans 53% (+6) Democrats 47% ⦿ OH: R+12, FL: R+10, AZ: R+6 ⦿ GA: R+6, NC: R+6, WI: R+4, NV: R+4 Survey Monkey | 10/15-18 | 108,206 LV

2022 Congressional Generic Ballot Republicans 48% (+3) Democrats 45% ⦿ Data For Progress (𝗗) ⦿ 10/06-18 | 4,576 LV | MoE ±1% https://dataforprogress.org/generic-congressional-ballot
In the past month, I have personally hung up on at least 6-7 callers each vaguely claiming to be some kind of a pollster with some kind of nondescript polling company wanting to ask some non-specified kind of questions about something or other (or perhaps something else entirely). I didn't think I could ever confirm that they were whom they claimed to be.

Does anyone really think I'm the only one that disregards calls from claimed "pollsters"?

Hillary and followers were surprised by the outcome of the 2016 election, and Trump and followers were surprised by the outcome of the 2020 election. Just exactly how have the polling methodologies improved since then?

It's been a long time since "Dewey defeats Truman." Now we have unanswered cell phones instead of copper-wire landlines, And, pranksters gloat that they intentionally take these calls and then answer falsely.

I'm not sure any poll today is reliable.

Also, let's be honest, if we're going to let science continue to find ways to keep people alive until they're 120, we probably need to raise the retirement age, too.

Or maybe we should knock it off with all the stop smoking and stop drinking and stop eating nothing but fat and sugar campaigns.
Oooh. That's cold. Real cold.

I can't wait for the Brave New World dmbailey is predicting.
No more crime, inflation, war, or government intrusion, starting 11/9/22.
No excuses.
Except for the part where Jimmy Jordan says he is going to spend all the time of a really important committee "investigating" all kinds of things having nothing to do with crime, inflation, war or government intrusion.

Jimmy can't possibly "investigate" all the things he promises to "investigate" and still take care of the other things on the GOP checklist.

I think that'll be an interesting race. I do believe that Vance will probably win, given how badly gerrymandered Ohio is in favor of the GOP. It actually says a lot about what people think of Vance that it's relatively close
What in the holy hell does gerrymandering have to do with a statewide election?

Looks like this election denier will most certainly win. She leads in every single poll including all the liberal ones. Election denier Masters has now also taken the lead in Arizona!!!!

InteractivePolls

@IAPolls2022

·
2h

𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐋: Kari Lake holds 𝟰-𝗣𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗧 lead over Katie Hobbs in Arizona Governor Race Kari Lake (R): 50% (+4) Katie Hobbs (D): 46% ⦿
@AlloyAnalytics
| 639 LV | 10/30-11/01 https://westerntrib.com/new-poll-shows-hobbs-hurt-by-discrimination-lawsuit-lake-leads-going-into-election-day/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT