ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats edging out Republicans

I think the GOP wins the house by more than traditional off-year but less than the tsunami it seemed.

Meanwhile the Senate GOP PAC has stopped ad buys in PA, GA, WI, and AZ. They bought time in CO and WA.

It looks like this is going to be a crazy election.

I think the change in the last 4-6 weeks or so represents the maximum amount you're going to see abortion affect the results. A couple of points here and there. Might make a difference in a small handful of really close races.

I
I think the change in the last 4-6 weeks or so represents the maximum amount you're going to see abortion affect the results. A couple of points here and there. Might make a difference in a small handful of really close races.

I think D+4 districts have a fighting chance now.

Inflation calming down and decreasing gas prices the past few weeks has probably helped a good amount, as well. I think inflation will drift down the next several months before drifting back up, which should favor Democrats.

Last edited:
I think the GOP wins the house by more than traditional off-year but less than the tsunami it seemed.

Meanwhile the Senate GOP PAC has stopped ad buys in PA, GA, WI, and AZ. They bought time in CO and WA.

It looks like this is going to be a crazy election.

Good summary IMO. Once the midterms are over look for more Pubs to distance themselves from Trump. They just can’t do it quite yet.

We can thank Trump for this. He cost us the Senate seats in Georgia, and control of the US Senate and he's probably going to cost us the Senate again. Yet our hard-core Trump backers just don't seem to care. He can do no wrong in their eyes.

We can thank Trump for this. He cost us the Senate seats in Georgia, and control of the US Senate and he's probably going to cost us the Senate again. Yet our hard-core Trump backers just don't seem to care. He can do no wrong in their eyes.
Let's face it... Trump is the best weapon the Democrats have and they know it. Too bad some the Trump cult crowd doesn't realize it.

Agreed re last election but this election as it pertains to the senate we republicans simply have some awful candidates

If he was so easy to beat you think they would want to run against him.
He lost the popular vote twice. It was a landslide popular vote loss in 2024. I just don't understand the devotion some of you have for a loser. Trump hates losers and he is one. He's greatly reduced our chances of winning back the Senate this November, yet none of that means anything to the Trump devotees. I don't get it.

He lost the popular vote twice. It was a landslide popular vote loss in 2024. I just don't understand the devotion some of you have for a loser. Trump hates losers and he is one. He's greatly reduced our chances of winning back the Senate this November, yet none of that means anything to the Trump devotees. I don't get it.
They don't recognize that he induces the other side to show up in greater numbers to vote against him. People who may otherwise stay home

Grievance politics with a healthy dose of nativism. That's always been the formula. It doesn't appeal to everyone, but the people it does appeal to really, really like it.

They don't recognize that he induces the other side to show up in greater numbers to vote against him. People who may otherwise stay home
The myth of the silent majority. Trumpers aren't the only ones susceptible to this, of course. We all fall for it to an extent. But they seem especially prone to believe that the vast majority of Americans secretly think just like they do, and so when their guy loses, it must be some kind of funny business.

Grievance politics with a healthy dose of nativism. That's always been the formula. It doesn't appeal to everyone, but the people it does appeal to really, really like it.
I like winners. I don't like Trump anyway, I strongly disliked him when he was just a rich democratic celebrity scum bucket businessman, but I especially dislike political losers and he is a YUGE loser.

Last edited:
You are wrong, we do recognize that fact. This is where there is an internal struggle (speaking for only myself). The "rule" of an election, from the elementary level view, should be simple. Everyone vote for the person they feel will best forward their interest. Simple.
We have switched that simple concept into voting in blocks, so to speak. I'm not talking about our standard 2 party system here. To me, things come off the rails, once I am being forced to consider voting for someone other than my preference only to counter act that other force. Once I do this, it's not my vote to start with, I was forced to give "THEM" a win because they coerced me to do what they wanted.
I know this is being very naive but it's one of the many things that are going through my mind.

• Love
Reactions: NOT joe_hoopsier
Republican turnout has been through the roof. No summer dem push polls will change what's coming. Every cycle they dothese nonsense polls like mark kelly up 17 over mcsally. Lol it's all bs
It will be interesting to see how the polls turn out. I tend to agree they are bias towards Democrats, but how much? 538 has the senate most likely turnout as Democrats picking up a seat.

Oh I don't think they are... they are keeping him front and center. They know how Trump is gonna react... all the stuff just makes him more likely to run.
agreed wholeheartedly.... Trump is the only thing keeping the Dems afloat right now. He is the gift that keeps giving... and too many Republicans are too engrossed in "Trumpism" to realize what's happening. It is truly time for a valid 3rd party to rise up from the pit

Reactions: Spartans9312
The myth of the silent majority. Trumpers aren't the only ones susceptible to this, of course. We all fall for it to an extent. But they seem especially prone to believe that the vast majority of Americans secretly think just like they do, and so when their guy loses, it must be some kind of funny business.
The last two elections left the losers screaming foul and the chad conspiracy theories prior to that.

Tradition of both parties.

Forget the Senate.... look at the clown show Trumpkin candidates that have taken over the GOP at the state level in a place like Arizona. They are going to get wiped out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT