ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive Coach with a Great Offensive Assistant

Indigo1983

Redshirt
May 13, 2018
I can think of several instances where a great offensive coach brought in a defensive assistant and let him do his thing. But I can't think of situations where it is the other way around. Defensive coaches are usually ultra conservative. What I am looking for is instances of defensive coaches who give the offense over to some bright assistant who pushes the pace and runs creative sets.

Can anybody think of an instance like that?

I can think of several instances where a great offensive coach brought in a defensive assistant and let him do his thing. But I can't think of situations where it is the other way around. Defensive coaches are usually ultra conservative. What I am looking for is instances of defensive coaches who give the offense over to some bright assistant who pushes the pace and runs creative sets.

Can anybody think of an instance like that?
I can think of a current coach that a lot of psoters are very defensive about!

Reactions: ufo33
On a serious note though - throw out the first 2 games of the season , where IU gave up 55 and 35 points, 35!, and every other game has been near 70 points.

I dont see anything amazing on the defensive end that some claim...

Win v Loss column is the only stat Inspend any time looking through normally

On a serious note though - throw out the first 2 games of the season , where IU gave up 55 and 35 points, 35!, and every other game has been near 70 points.

I dont see anything amazing on the defensive end that some claim...

Win v Loss column is the only stat Inspend any time looking through normally

who cares about points per game, brother? it's all about points per possession.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT