ADVERTISEMENT

Daquon Green

Hoosiersfan2018

Redshirt
Dec 1, 2018
I see a lot of post about how this is a sure thing that's happening. What reports have ya'll heard that would indicate this? He would be a great get and especially for down field threats. I just haven't heard anything to indicate this is an absolute lock. Also, he'd have three or two years of eligibility?

Reactions: vesuvius13
I see a lot of post about how this is a sure thing that's happening. What reports have ya'll heard that would indicate this? He would be a great get and especially for down field threats. I just haven't heard anything to indicate this is an absolute lock. Also, he'd have three or two years of eligibility?
He sent Coach Heard his transcripts to make sure it all checks out to transfer, and he said he wants to be here for the spring. He would have 3 years of eligibility IF he is granted a waiver to play immediately, if not, he would have to sit out next year and only have 2 years of eligibility.

He sent Coach Heard his transcripts to make sure it all checks out to transfer, and he said he wants to be here for the spring. He would have 3 years of eligibility IF he is granted a waiver to play immediately, if not, he would have to sit out next year and only have 2 years of eligibility.
That would be a great get if we can get him and can compete this season. I can't wait for the remaining 5 players to be signed and find out our new OC! Ready for this season already

Signed with Flahduh in 2017
2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 are his 5 seasons to play 4.

Played in 2017
Played 3 games in 2018
2018 is his redshirt year

If he transfers he must sit out 2019 absent a waiver.
Could play 2020 and 2021 no matter what.

well that stinks
Well I'm not so sure it does stink. Word on street is he left Florida in part because he was so far down the depth chart. so...Idk for sure, but I'm thinking he just might've been a tad overrated out of H.S. Also I read where a lack of speed was apparently part of the reason he was down the depth chart at Florida. That's what "they" say, anyway.

Going to Murray State, which tells me grades might have been an issue, just guessing.

Well, Murray St is FCS, so he is eligible immediately. If he came to IU, he might have to sit out a year unless he was granted a waiver. He may have gotten preliminary feedback that a waiver was not likely to be granted.

I think that he only played in 2 or 3 games this year, so it would count as a RS year. So he can play in 3 more seasons by going FCS. He'd only have 2 at IU potentially needing to sit out a year. Also, theoretically, I believe he could make the jump back to FBS after a year at Murray and still have 2 years to play at IU

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Well, Murray St is FCS, so he is eligible immediately. If he came to IU, he might have to sit out a year unless he was granted a waiver. He may have gotten preliminary feedback that a waiver was not likely to be granted.

I think that he only played in 2 or 3 games this year, so it would count as a RS year. So he can play in 3 more seasons by going FCS. He'd only have 2 at IU potentially needing to sit out a year. Also, theoretically, I believe he could make the jump back to FBS after a year at Murray and still have 2 years to play at IU

I think there were 3 options for Green
1) 2019: FBS (sit out); 2020: FBS (play); 2021: FBS (play)
2) 2019: Murray (play); 2020: FBS (play); 2021: FBS (play)
3) 2019: Murray (play); 2020: Murray (play); 2021: Murray (play)

So option 1 is off the table, but option 1 and option 2 have the same number of years of playing time at FBS, so by going to Murray St, he still has the chance to play the same number of seasons at the FBS level that he would have had he gone directly to an FBS school

When it comes to WR, I think IU has a pretty good crew in 2 seniors coming back and some good returning RS FR too. The Wisconsin recruit is supposedly a great athlete and in DB vs. WR for this "athlete" they indicated likely WR. Hence, if our QB's have time to throw, I think we'll be fine there.

And more I think about it, if IU isn't jumping for joy on HS prospects for the final 5, I hope they hold open maybe even 2 slots as we keep seeing, players are putting in for the transfer portal more and more. May have some WR talent come up (or OL or DL) that would be good to have a slot open for.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I think there were 3 options for Green
1) 2019: FBS (sit out); 2020: FBS (play); 2021: FBS (play)
2) 2019: Murray (play); 2020: FBS (play); 2021: FBS (play)
3) 2019: Murray (play); 2020: Murray (play); 2021: Murray (play)

So option 1 is off the table, but option 1 and option 2 have the same number of years of playing time at FBS, so by going to Murray St, he still has the chance to play the same number of seasons at the FBS level that he would have had he gone directly to an FBS school

This was my original thought as well. IU would likely prefer him to be in the fold but if he can't play this year, I can see him going this route. With his connection to Heard and Penix, I wouldn't be surprised to see him at IU next year.

Reactions: 76-1
This was my original thought as well. IU would likely prefer him to be in the fold but if he can't play this year, I can see him going this route. With his connection to Heard and Penix, I wouldn't be surprised to see him at IU next year.
I heard his transcriptions didn't qualify for IU so he had to change where he was going.

When it comes to WR, I think IU has a pretty good crew in 2 seniors coming back and some good returning RS FR too. The Wisconsin recruit is supposedly a great athlete and in DB vs. WR for this "athlete" they indicated likely WR. Hence, if our QB's have time to throw, I think we'll be fine there.

And more I think about it, if IU isn't jumping for joy on HS prospects for the final 5, I hope they hold open maybe even 2 slots as we keep seeing, players are putting in for the transfer portal more and more. May have some WR talent come up (or OL or DL) that would be good to have a slot open for.
TJ Jones from Florida is worth keeping an eye on.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT