Have you ever cheated on your spouse?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 53 93.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sick bastard...
These old cougars from my old jobs and that friends would date. Got damn I can't imagine dating any of them. Meaner than snot. Bitter. And like vampires. They don't really want you seeing them in the sun too much either. Younger is no walk in the park but it has its advantages

Reactions: kkott
"The dating pool is shallow for good women our age." Can always go younger....
I meant the choices of women to find decent fun men our age, and many of them do go to younger guys for the reasons I mentioned. Everyone has the vision of how great a younger woman would be, but I'm always left feeling I'd have nothing in common or to talk about and I don't want to be the old guy with a 28 year old at a nightclub full of 20 somethings. I'm sure they're not all like that, but I've generally stuck with women closer to my age. Doubt I've dated anyone seriously who was more than 10 years younger.

I meant the choices of women to find decent fun men our age, and many of them do go to younger guys for the reasons I mentioned. Everyone has the vision of how great a younger woman would be, but I'm always left feeling I'd have nothing in common or to talk about and I don't want to be the old guy with a 28 year old at a nightclub full of 20 somethings. I'm sure they're not all like that, but I've generally stuck with women closer to my age. Doubt I've dated anyone seriously who was more than 10 years younger.
You have to catch that group that's done partying. By 30 most are. But yes there are definite cons

These old cougars from my old jobs and that friends would date. Got damn I can't imagine dating any of them. Meaner than snot. Bitter. And like vampires. They don't really want you seeing them in the sun too much either. Younger is no walk in the park but it has its advantages
yeah, they get really clever with makeup, clothes and camera ad lighting angles. I always look at their neck, chest (well, yeah!) and arms... harder to hide aged skin in those areas. Oh yeah, and then you have the ones who go to plastic surgeons...

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Your condoms bit had me laughing. I'm sure you already know this so I'm probably pissing in the wind but I remember in my single days and after divorce they make those super thin condoms and if you wear them enough you actually do get used to them. I suspect it makes your dates feel a little more comfortable too. Best of luck. That stuff isn't easy. And as an aside i love at Walgreens where they keep the condoms it's either locked or a ringing/alarm goes off every time you open the case to pull a box out. Fing hell. Dating when you're older isn't for the faint of heart, but it sounds like you are doing well with it
It's a mental thing my flower starts wilting as soon as I get a package out and it's a race to get it on and get back in action before he's deflated. Of course he can always be reinflated, ala, the automatic pilot scene from Airplane!

TdNXEB.gif

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
It's a mental thing my flower starts wilting as soon as I get a package out and it's a race to get it on and get back in action before he's deflated. Of course he can always be reinflated, ala, the automatic pilot scene from Airplane!

TdNXEB.gif
Lmao. Yeah super shitty

well, let me know if you want me to try and share some of what I've learned, but you may have a better grasp on women than I did. I can get you my email, but don't want to leave it up on here. How long have you been single? And, again, back to the women who contacted you, that's a huge compliment in my book, so don't see it as odd. It means they see you as attractive, and it also means what I've found: the dating pool is shallow for good women our age, so they were just putting out a feeler, congrats!

If you want some dating advice and more your approach and how to treat women, especially early in dating, check out a guy on youtube: Coach Corey Wayne. You can view his videos, and he has hundreds and pick the topics you want. Alot of his views sound f'd, but generally he's right and it's like any self-help, junk the stuff that doesn't fit, but give some of it a try and I've found he's mostly right. Especially the parts on teasing them, not showering them with praise, listening and genuine compliments, not responding immediately to their texts and not being their texting buddy, and letting them mostly contact you at first. Sounds hokey, but it generally works.
Thanks man.

It depends on what you mean by single. I've been divorced/separated from my ex wife since summer 2018. I was dating a woman long distance for the better part of the last 3 years. I'm not eager to jump right back into something serious right now, but maybe eventually apps will be the way to go when I feel like I want to get out there.

Thanks man.

It depends on what you mean by single. I've been divorced/separated from my ex wife since summer 2018. I was dating a woman long distance for the better part of the last 3 years. I'm not eager to jump right back into something serious right now, but maybe eventually apps will be the way to go when I feel like I want to get out there.
Sounds like you're doing fine. Stay in shape, limit alcohol, have hobbies and side interests and be confident (confidence is king), look women in the eye, smile and really listen to them. If you're doing that, you're ahead of 90% of the guys out there.

Your condoms bit had me laughing. I'm sure you already know this so I'm probably pissing in the wind but I remember in my single days and after divorce they make those super thin condoms and if you wear them enough you actually do get used to them. I suspect it makes your dates feel a little more comfortable too. Best of luck. That stuff isn't easy. And as an aside i love at Walgreens where they keep the condoms it's either locked or a ringing/alarm goes off every time you open the case to pull a box out. Fing hell. Dating when you're older isn't for the faint of heart, but it sounds like you are doing well with it
And the places where you have to show ID to buy condoms when checking out or maybe it’s the security tag they have to remove. Like yep, I want you to know I’m having sex tonight and you probably think I’m having lots of sex since I buy the value pack.

Lmao. Yeah super shitty
I once dated a fun woman who was a Wake Forest grad and had a similar disdain for all things Chapel Hill as I did. We were experimenting to the point she said she thought we needed a safe word (google it, I'm not 'splaining for you noobs!). I immediately said "Tar Heel", nothing could kill an erection for me quicker! Could have just as easily been "condom", but she loved it.

And the places where you have to show ID to buy condoms when checking out or maybe it’s the security tag they have to remove. Like yep, I want you to know I’m having sex tonight and you probably think I’m having lots of sex since I buy the value pack.
it's not the value pack, you just get a lot more when you buy those small ones!

Reactions: largemouth
LMAO. Oh it's horrible. And you have all these life ephiphanies that scream WTF am I doing. If there's going to be romance I won't be able to stay up that late. I'll need an adderral. Can't have coffee because your breath will stink and you'll have collywobbles at the restaurant/bar. Rubbers. Shit. Got to get rubbers. Run up to Walgreens so the alarm can go off the second I open the glass doors. Oh and who knows where she'll want to eat. Probably need Prilosec. Then you're just looking down at your box of rubbers and prilosec sitting on the counter and again think WTF

I once dated a fun woman who was a Wake Forest grad and had a similar disdain for all things Chapel Hill as I did. We were experimenting to the point she said she thought we needed a safe word (google it, I'm not 'splaning for you noobs!). I immediately said "Tar Heel", nothing could kill an erection for me quicker! Could have just as easily been "condom", but she loved it.
I went to Key West for spring break and we ended up hanging out with a group of girls from UNC that we met on a booze cruise. I kept in contact with one of them and we kind of were dating - she came to Little 5 about a month later and I visited her a few times in Chicago where her parents lived. Imagine a Chicago accent mixed with a southern accent. Anyway, we broke it off because apparently going to NYC for law school was more important to her :)

Side story.. During that spring break week, I was out late with her then heading back to the place I was staying with my friend. He had brought a girl back, locked the door, and they both passed out. So I was locked out for the night and slept on a chair on the beach.

I went to Key West for spring break and we ended up hanging out with a group of girls from UNC that we met on a booze cruise. I kept in contact with one of them and we kind of were dating - she came to Little 5 about a month later and I visited her a few times in Chicago where her parents lived. Imagine a Chicago accent mixed with a southern accent. Anyway, we broke it off because apparently going to NYC for law school was more important to her :)

Side story.. During that spring break week, I was out late with her then heading back to the place I was staying with my friend. He had brought a girl back, locked the door, and they both passed out. So I was locked out for the night and slept on a chair on the beach.
Great school, great campus, great girls, generally. I've dated a few, including my current GF. Made it tough during that F4 run. I just kept telling myself I was happy for her and all my UNC friends... plus I couldn't root for Kansas.

LMAO. Oh it's horrible. And you have all these life ephiphanies that scream WTF am I doing. If there's going to be romance I won't be able to stay up that late. I'll need an adderral. Can't have coffee because your breath will stink and you'll have collywobbles at the restaurant/bar. Rubbers. Shit. Got to get rubbers. Run up to Walgreens so the alarm can go off the second I open the glass doors. Oh and who knows where she'll want to eat. Probably need Prilosec. Then you're just looking down at your box of rubbers and prilosec sitting on the counter and again think WTF
Lol Then after grabbing the condoms, you check out the 50 lube options. Do you go basic or try to spice things up? Or just buy both to give her more options? Or will she think I’m having sex with randos every night?

Then after dinner you run into her friends and decide to stay out late for a few more drinks. By the time you’re ready to go home, you’re both too tired and you just drop her off at home. All the panic and stress for nothing.

Reactions: Eppy99 and kkott
Lol Then after grabbing the condoms, you check out the 50 lube options. Do you go basic or try to spice things up? Or just buy both to give her more options? Or will she think I’m having sex with randos every night?

Then after dinner you run into her friends and decide to stay out late for a few more drinks. By the time you’re ready to go home, you’re both too tired and you just drop her off at home. All the panic and stress for nothing.
not where I expected that to go after you met up with her friends. You suck at fantasy stories.

Reactions: Eppy99
not where I expected that to go after you met up with her friends. You suck at fantasy stories.
Good ending: You tell her you’re too tired so you can drop her off to meet up with her girl friends at their place.

Bad ending: Her friends were all dudes.

Friends are the worst part of dating younger. The friends are absolutely awful to have to hang out with
I doubt it would go much better introducing a young gal to your friends wives... can't imagine the daggers bringing a 20 something chick to a party with my buddies and their wives. Might be worth hiring some talent just for the sheer fun in thinking about it, but I'd hate to subject a girl I was dating to that.

I doubt it would go much better introducing a young gal to your friends wives... can't imagine the daggers bringing a 20 something chick to a party with my buddies and their wives. Might be worth hiring some talent just for the sheer fun in thinking about it, but I'd hate to subject a girl I was dating to that.
Hilarious. That part is pretty horrible too

Hilarious. That part is pretty horrible too
I think I'm still on some of their wives shit list from when I told them I took my son to Hooters when he was like 12! Man, I got an ass-chewing that night from a couple of them.

Yeah, I'm definitely hiring a young stripper to take with me to the next couples xmas party if I'm not dating anyone!

I briefly dated this really prime prospect who was in her late 20s while I was in my late 30s. Early on we were talking about how much fun the NCAA championship season was. I soon realized she was talking about 87 while I was talking about 76.

I had a buddy who in his late 30's started dating a absolute smoke show who was 21. I'm not talking a 7-8, this chick was a full blown 9.5-10 and on top of everything else, she was flirty as hell. She always had a bit of a thing for me and one of the other guys because we were the ones with the "best jobs" in our group. Needless to say, after one Christmas party with her and all of our wives....he never brought her around again! Lets just say the other ladies in the group were not very fond of her.

I remember hearing the joke about dating. That is some women not caring how old a man is, some women not caring how wealthy is the man, and some women not caring about the looks of the man. But you never hear about a woman marrying someone who is old, ugly and poor!

jobs? I'd agree. Not for me w relationships. I have found it stressful to try and go out w more than 1 woman at a time. Remembering who said what, who has what kids where, etc... So, I've not been very good at "playing the field" and if I find someone that has some promise, I tend to date them and see where it goes.

Plus sex complicates things. I hate condoms, so that also lends itself to one at a time also.

I treated it like food -- you cant be eating the same old dish every day. But after a few years, it started becoming like an obligation to visit each one of them.

Speaking as a woman, you’ve got all the right ideas. I know a lot of single women that aren’t even necessarily looking to marry, but just want someone to do things with, like you mentioned. And Bumble, giving the woman the control, probably helps take away some of the nervousness about online dating and going out with someone you don’t know and isn’t a friend of a friend. One tip for Ohio ( no, it’s not wear a condom 😎 ), on the first meetup just go for a drink or coffee. Dinner dates can be soooo painful when you know immediately there is no attraction. And no ghosting. That’s the worst. Women would rather be told something than just have a guy disappear after going out several times.

Personally, I think women starting from their early 40s, and beyond, divorced make the most dates or partners from my experience.
They had realised a few things in life -- its not about white picket fence etc. And want to re-discover actual life -- and are in the most confident phase of their lives.

Last edited:
"The dating pool is shallow for good women our age." Can always go younger....

At one stage I was dating an age range of like 25 yrs. I found that the younger the women (18) the more boring they were and ultimately weren't worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Personally, I think women starting from their early 40s, and beyond, divorced make the most dates or partners from my experience.
They had realised a few things in life -- its not about white picket fence etc. And want to re-discover actual life -- and are in the most confident phase of their lives.
I agree. I certainly have been wowed when looking at a younger woman's profile and thinking how fun that would be, but I also think how annoying they'll be to be around very often. Dating an older woman who's experiences more match my own, and who's smart and fun and knows shit just seems so much more appealing. And, they've generally dated enought assholes by then to know they appreciate a guy who is good to them and fun to be with. Now, having said that, I haven't really dated anyone very much younger than me either. Had a fling w a woman who had it pretty together that was like 35 (I'm 56), but she was still separated and figuring that out. But everyone I've dated for say a month or longer I believe has been within 10 years of my old ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT