ADVERTISEMENT

Crean's last day at IU

That would be really sad to waste another year of time and have another train wreck of a season. Not to add it would be another wasted year of recruiting.
Totally agree and hope I am wrong. I thought you were the one on here that has said that there is no way he gets fired this year.

Is this when they start negotiating the settlement? Or is it when they ink it? Or is it when they go public? Or is it when Doyle posts/prints it in the Indystar?

I'm going waaaay out on the limb and say...that...Glass decides to let Crean go when he finds a suitable prospective head coach and both sides' intermediaries indicate they can reach an agreement. Then and only then will Glass approach Crean and say settlement. And that will happen within one week of the end of IU's post season or regular season whichever is later. So it will be on 3/18/17 when they announce it.

Is this when they start negotiating the settlement? Or is it when they ink it? Or is it when they go public? Or is it when Doyle posts/prints it in the Indystar?

I'm going waaaay out on the limb and say...that...Glass decides to let Crean go when he finds a suitable prospective head coach and both sides' intermediaries indicate they can reach an agreement. Then and only then will Glass approach Crean and say settlement. And that will happen within one week of the end of IU's post season or regular season whichever is later. So it will be on 3/18/17 when they announce it.
It doesn't work that way in coaching hires.

Oh, what the heck......I'll say 3/17/17. There are already parades scheduled.

parade.png

Totally agree and hope I am wrong. I thought you were the one on here that has said that there is no way he gets fired this year.
I am hoping he leaves on his own but I fear he is to arrogant to do that. I still feel there is no chance Glass fires him on his own. I am holding out hope Glass is basically forced to make a move by the higher ups.

Reactions: jaypay23
I am hoping he leaves on his own but I fear he is to arrogant to do that. I still feel there is no chance Glass fires him on his own. I am holding out hope Glass is basically forced to make a move by the higher ups.
I'm hoping...NEVER!!! LOL

Reactions: bnsummers

If Crean leaves Doyel will be too busy crying to be able to write anything in the paper. In fact Doyel may go with him!

Reactions: Rico6819
I'm putting my money on 03/16/2017 as the day Tom gets his pink slip. That'll be a day or two after our first round NIT loss. Any other guesses?

You're close, but they'll wait until after the last signing day to maximize the damage gong forward. It s Glass "tradition"!
I do hope you're not just getting my hopes up.

Now the better question, who replaces him? I would get an IU legacy to improve in state recruiting and keep the "old school" from whining..........Wittman, Woodson, Smart, Calbert, Dane.......................

Reactions: Inequality
You're close, but they'll wait until after the last signing day to maximize the damage gong forward. It s Glass "tradition"!

Now the better question, who replaces him? I would get an IU legacy to improve in state recruiting and keep the "old school" from whining..........Wittman, Woodson, Smart, Calbert, Dane.......................
None of them are qualified to coach a college program at this level.

Reactions: HoosJer
I believe there has been an agreement made & TC is just going through the motions as per the agreement. The whole feel of it seems really obvious to me. I guess time will tell.

Reactions: chris007 and pacer

Don't bet your Bippy....the old school aren't pining for a legacy.

I believe there has been an agreement made & TC is just going through the motions as per the agreement. The whole feel of it seems really obvious to me. I guess time will tell.
Creans press conferences have been very vague and abrubt. He always pressed on improvment, being better next time out etc. I dont hear that now.

Don't bet your Bippy....the old school aren't pining for a legacy.

Politically it would be wise and you'd get a coach who knows offense, defense, has actually played the game, and has proven himself as a coach. All things we currently lack in a very big way

I think there's a fair pool of likely suspects that has been developed by us freeloaders...I just happen to think you shoot for the moon first.....(Donovan)...then focus on the very best available. That is...if the falling star is already shown the door. That is a very annoying and stubborn question mark.

Anyone who says 2018, please explain your reasoning. There is 0 reason to keep him another year. From a team perspective, IU will be a worse team talent wise. We will lose OG, JBJ and Bryant and bring in an unheralded recruiting class. By all objectives measure, IU will be worse. Also, the downward trending recruiting will tank further. He has lost the state and wasting another year makes no sense.

So I ask, why do you think he waits a year to fire him?

One more year cuz it's IU.

Marshall and Miller will be off the table (Marshall to Illinois and Archie to NC State).

We'll probably get Alford unless Knight forbids it. That won't be as bad as we think or what we have now. I'll complain that if we're going to get someone with a questionable past give me Bruce Pearl instead. At least we'll dominate until one of the strippers rat to the press.

This program always has to be hit over the head til they are a bloody stump to show actual leadership. Crean will get one more like Davis did.

I would have fired him after year three of course.

Yeah, coaching in the NBA doesn't prepare you for the havoc CTC et al "hath wrought".
I sure hope you were being sarcastic
No I was not and just because you coached in the NBA does not mean you can coach in college. Also they did not have much success in the pros so why would we want them here. Put it this way if they did not play at IU would you think there resume would be good enough to coach here.

Anyone who says 2018, please explain your reasoning. There is 0 reason to keep him another year. From a team perspective, IU will be a worse team talent wise. We will lose OG, JBJ and Bryant and bring in an unheralded recruiting class. By all objectives measure, IU will be worse. Also, the downward trending recruiting will tank further. He has lost the state and wasting another year makes no sense.

I just don't see Glass firing him the year after he was the coach of the year.

Reactions: TMA62

Marshall and Miller will be off the table (Marshall to Illinois and Archie to NC State).

We'll probably get Alford unless Knight forbids it. That won't be as bad as we think or what we have now. I'll complain that if we're going to get someone with a questionable past give me Bruce Pearl instead. At least we'll dominate until one of the strippers rat to the press.

This program always has to be hit over the head til they are a bloody stump to show actual leadership. Crean will get one more like Davis did.

If Marshall is to leave it won't be for Ilinois

Because, it's Indiana. It's Indiana.

What logical decision have they made regarding the basketball program in the last 17 years? Why start now?

I totally agree but it is up to Glass to make the decision and I don't see him firing him.
Agree Glass will probably still keep him becuase he thinks one more year will make a big difference even though the team will be less talented next year.

Marshall turned down Texas so he could hold out for ......... Illinois?

Knight is all the sudden tied in enough to IU's athletic department that he has input on coaching decisions?

Alford's going to walk from his contract at UCLA?

That post is astoundingly ignorant. The only plausible thing is Gottfried getting fired, but the odds of both that happening and N.C. State landing Miller are pretty low.

Reactions: Coachlosekamp
I totally agree but it is up to Glass to make the decision and I don't see him firing him.
I think we pursue the best coaches now and see if they bite and let Crean know that he is being replaced in the near future. Thats what a good Athletic Director would do but Glass does not seem to be so bright.

Reactions: bailey777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT