ADVERTISEMENT

Crean's last day at IU

Every basketball fan knows this. Seriously? You are making yourself look uninformed. Al our Marquette on the map years ago.[/QUOT I could care less about Marqeuette or Al Mcguire. I watch three sports but do not always keep up to date with all of them. I pay more attention to MLB then any other sport.

I could care less about Marqeuette or Al Mcguire. I watch three sports but do not always keep up to date with all of them. I pay more attention to MLB then any other sport.

I could care less about Marqeuette or Al Mcguire. I watch three sports but do not always keep up to date with all of them. I pay more attention to MLB then any other sport.

That's fine. But be prepared to recognize your own ignorance when you say stuff like "Marquette doesn't care about basketball"

Marshall turned down Texas so he could hold out for ......... Illinois?
Actually, I think it the other way around. He had interest in Texas and was never brought in for an interview from what I remember. Indiana has the basketball resources that I think would attract him much like Texas. Illinois, while a better landing spot than alabama for hoops, is the probably Alabama in this article. I think he is one of the more realistic gets.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/3/28/8306775/gregg-marshall-texas-longhorns-alabama-wichita-state

That's fine. But be prepared to recognize your own ignorance when you say stuff like "Marquette doesn't care about basketball"
Duke Indiana North Carolina Kentucky UCLA Care about there basketball alot more and I will repeat because you are not hearing me I can give 2 ffs if Marquette cares about its basketball because they suck and always will.

Duke Indiana North Carolina Kentucky UCLA Care about there basketball alot more and I will repeat because you are not hearing me I can give 2 ffs if Marquette cares about its basketball because they suck and always will.
Oh I forgot Kansas did you get offended over that to.

Calapari was a college coach who went to the NBA and failed and came back to the college game.

Thanks for bolstering my point better than I could.

He was a failed college coach.
He got the chops to take on the "rigors" of the college game by coaching in the NBA (where he was NOT successful).

Reactions: jaypay23

He got the chops to take on the "rigors" of the college game by coaching in the NBA (where he was NOT successful).

You're calling what Cal did at UMass a failure?

You over analyze every statement someone makes and you think you know it all but you are obviously googling everything because your response time indicates it.

He was never a failurein college at UMASS unless you thinking going to a final four is a failure. I think some of you guys need to check your history before posting stupid things. Also NBA does not hire failed college coaches and only successful ones.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Then you shouldn't make comments about how Marquette doesn't care about basketball if you don't know the subject.
I didn't know marquette basketball was a subject is that the college course you and your family took at IU.

You over analyze every statement someone makes and you think you know it all but you are obviously googling everything because your response time indicates it.
Actually people who love college basketball for many years actually can remember what they have witnessed over the years. I have followed college basketball for over 40 years and I can tell you without googling who won every championship since 1975. I can also tell you who they beat and for the most part tell you the other two teams that was in the final four.

Actually people who love college basketball for many years actually can remember what they have witnessed over the years. I have followed college basketball for over 40 years and I can tell you without googling who won every championship since 1975. I can also tell you who they beat and for the most part tell you the other two teams that was in the final four.
You may need to get a life

Reactions: Lucy01 and jaypay23
Thats impressive reminds me of when I was a kid and knew what team every mlb player played for.

No I was not and just because you coached in the NBA does not mean you can coach in college. Also they did not have much success in the pros so why would we want them here. Put it this way if they did not play at IU would you think there resume would be good enough to coach here.

You could discuss about how successful they may or may not be but Wittman, Smart and Woodson are more than enough qualified to coach college basketball even at IU. I think it hard to judge the success of them based on the talent levels of the teams they have had and what stage some of those teams were at. In the case of Woodson and Wittman, they have probably been as or more successful than Stevens has at the NBA level. At least they have won playoff series which is a pretty good accomplishment. I like Wittman a lot but he and Woodson are pushing 60. Not that that is to old but I think they probably prefer to ride it out at the NBA level.

It is not like it consumes my life and it is just something that I can recall. What is weird is that I can recall more what happened in the 70's-90's than what happened the last 10 years.
That is because you don't want to remember the last ten seasons. :D

Then why post? You've become Silly jaypay... a fool on this board. Noone can take you seriously.
This message was not intended toward you so shy are you being a sissy about it. Did I offend you? Are you on your period again?

MadTom-Crean-_zpsweidfnsr.gif

So, are you saying that someone who posts about something that is pretty common knowledge, like Marquette's NC under Maguire, had to have googled it?

You may need to go back to:

kids-table-630x420.jpg
So, are you saying that someone who posts about something that is pretty common knowledge, like Marquette's NC under Maguire, had to have googled it?

You may need to go back to:

kids-table-630x420.jpg
Yeah ok because everyone watches college basketball and knows what happened in 1977. Get a llife Most people dont care about cbb or what happened in 1977 or even care what you say. Troll.

in the minority...But I remember the Marquette championship game in 77...great season...Al McGuire had sort of a Tarkanianesque reputation as a coach.....but he was a good coach...and an even better announcer after his coaching days. McGuire built a good basketball life for himself on his talent and knowledge of the game. Thats why he was around for such a long time. Any program that wins a national championship has done something very special....Ask Texas Southern...I threw that in for the Kentucky guests here....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT