ADVERTISEMENT

Corruption trial may affect us.

But Dakich pumped the ratings for a couple of days and the PU crowd is in a complete lather.
"Complete Lather"? Not really. Once again you exaggerate. Better go back and read that thread again. Most of the Purdue posters say there is nothing there, and that Dakich is a blow hard looking for ratings. Yes, there are a couple guys that jumped on the idea of IU cheating, but most of us hope it's not so.

"Complete Lather"? Not really. Once again you exaggerate. Better go back and read that thread again. Most of the Purdue posters say there is nothing there, and that Dakich is a blow hard looking for ratings. Yes, there are a couple guys that jumped on the idea of IU cheating, but most of us hope it's not so.

Look uo the definition of "most". Check with your pals twindegrees, New pal and others. Do you need some more lotion to take back over there?

Someone said dickitch said that there is bad news coming indianas way that may involve your boy and a adidas. Apparently, it was on his radio show. Not trying to troll, but apparently he said trouble could be coming your way. Is it true? Maybe? But if there was anything to prove it would of came out by now

Someone said dickitch said that there is bad news coming indianas way that may involve your boy and a adidas. Apparently, it was on his radio show. Not trying to troll, but apparently he said trouble could be coming your way. Is it true? Maybe? But if there was anything to prove it would of came out by now

Haven't heard a word about this. What have you heard?

I don’t think IU can get in any trouble for that text as long as there isn’t more than that. I wouldn’t address it at all and let it blow over as long as there isn’t more. Once the season starts everyone will get into the season itself. I just hope there isn’t more!

Do you guys really think Knight was fully clean all those years? I’m from Washington and friends with the son of a former IU player that played on the 81 Championship team. From what his son told me players got test answers for tests and some players received money. This has been going on for years at all schools. The main difference is the money is now greater and it’s coming from shoe companies instead of people connected to the schools.

Do you guys really think Knight was fully clean all those years? I’m from Washington and friends with the son of a former IU player that played on the 81 Championship team. From what his son told me players got test answers for tests and some players received money. This has been going on for years at all schools. The main difference is the money is now greater and it’s coming from shoe companies instead of people connected to the schools.
giphy.gif

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Its an old article but important to keep in mind while some fear the sky is falling.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ege-basketball-scandal-players-coaches-agents

If your school is listed in this article, you have more to worry about than IU does about a text about a player there is 0% chance received a penny from the school!

The NCAA will have enough trouble trying to investigate schools that have real violations. The way they work, all the coaches will retire before they discover anything.

I personally had 3 classes with a former IU All-American and I can attest that he sat right there taking tests just like I did.

Your comment, even if there is some truth does not mean the coach had any knowledge of something like that going on.

I mean heck, the players certainly drink alcohol at parties, and that is against the rules too.
Knight, for those who remember, was extremely protective of players, choosing whom and when they had exposure to media/interviews and lots of other things. He was constantly against qny aort of commercial enterprise/profit from the program and was more or less against the NCAA and certainly opposed to shoe reps getting close to players, etc.

But it isn't as if a coach can know all that goes on with any kid. I mean, I don't necessarily blame Heathcoate for Skiles' drug problem. Even if such stories persist, as you allege, it does not necessarily implicate Knight, and I would argue that a lot of the success from his former players attests to the character of kid he routinely went after.
I think Crean tried to recruit high character kids too, but I think he screwed up by hiring Johnson as an assistant. And probably, with Perea, that has to be pinned on Crean as a bad decision even though I suspect he tried to be the father figure there.

Sampson, on the other hand, good grief. Loads of problems with some of his recruits.

Dakich is ranting about it. I have to admit his explanation of Iu's so called investigations is humorous. Don't really know what to make of it at this point though.
I know a lot of you aren't DD fans but he just doesn't want his school to cheat.

Really, he doesn’t want his school to cheat? I attended small party of less than 20 people in Washington during a Zeller recruitment. DD & Sampson we’re there a couple hours kissing up to people they thought might help with Zeller. DD had his head completely up Sampson’s ass. Don’t tell me he didn’t know about the drugs and cheating. He just doesn’t like Archie and he’s a damn hypocrite.

Really, he doesn’t want his school to cheat? I attended small party of less than 20 people in Washington during a Zeller recruitment. DD & Sampson we’re there a couple hours kissing up to people they thought might help with Zeller. DD had his head completely up Sampson’s ass. Don’t tell me he didn’t know about the drugs and cheating. He just doesn’t like Archie and he’s a damn hypocrite.

I assume you are talking about Tyler Zeller. You haven't provided any info that would point to Dakich as a cheat or that he failed to report it.

Using the skweaky clean Zeller family as a substrate doesn't help your cause either. Nor does the fact Dakich kicked guys off the team at the end of the 08 season.

Don't tell you about the drugs and cheating? What are you talking about? Zeller? Or Sampson's disaster at IU?

If you are implying that DD knew stuff at Indiana when Sampson was there and didn't blow the whistle then I doubt that that is true. DD was hired as the Director of Basketball Operations in June of '07...a non-recruiting position. Why do you think that he was hired to begin with? History with IU...yes...a Knight product...yes...and he was squeaky clean. Rob Senderoff resigned in October...stuff already had hit the fan. How do you know that DD knew something and didn't do anything about it in 3 months? Precious.

I assume you are talking about Tyler Zeller. You haven't provided any info that would point to Dakich as a cheat or that he failed to report it.

Using the skweaky clean Zeller family as a substrate doesn't help your cause either. Nor does the fact Dakich kicked guys off the team at the end of the 08 season.

I am not saying Sampson did any cheating with Zellers.

What I am saying is Dackich was following Sampson around and couldn’t get done singing his praises at the same time players were skipping classes, doing drugs and Sampson was cheating. Less than a month or so after the party in Washington where DD couldn’t get done bragging on Sampson all the stuff started coming out. Don’t tell me DD was attached to his hip pocket and knew nothing. It was real easy to use the excuse I couldn’t do anything about it until I was named the coach.

DD is a dirt bag saying Archie’s a cheater based on the one text in the trial. He insinuates he’s talked to “people” and there’s more. Either put it all out there or STFU.

Just a side note, a friend back when this all came out on Sampson said Mr Zeller made a comment that Sampson must not have used throw away phones like other coaches.

Edit: if Dackich can throw mud on IU and Archie as easily as he did, I sure as hell can guess if he was up Sampson ass at the party, he was close enough to Sampson to know what Sampson was allowing and did nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU 4 LIFE

The Zeller Family was and is squeaky clean. I wasn’t saying anything about the Zeller Family. No Zeller family member was at the party. I only used their name because the Zellers were the only reason Sampson and Dackich would have graced our little party in Washington.

I personally had 3 classes with a former IU All-American and I can attest that he sat right there taking tests just like I did.

Your comment, even if there is some truth does not mean the coach had any knowledge of something like that going on.

I mean heck, the players certainly drink alcohol at parties, and that is against the rules too.
Knight, for those who remember, was extremely protective of players, choosing whom and when they had exposure to media/interviews and lots of other things. He was constantly against qny aort of commercial enterprise/profit from the program and was more or less against the NCAA and certainly opposed to shoe reps getting close to players, etc.

But it isn't as if a coach can know all that goes on with any kid. I mean, I don't necessarily blame Heathcoate for Skiles' drug problem. Even if such stories persist, as you allege, it does not necessarily implicate Knight, and I would argue that a lot of the success from his former players attests to the character of kid he routinely went after.
I think Crean tried to recruit high character kids too, but I think he screwed up by hiring Johnson as an assistant. And probably, with Perea, that has to be pinned on Crean as a bad decision even though I suspect he tried to be the father figure there.

Sampson, on the other hand, good grief. Loads of problems with some of his recruits.
Touche

I am just tired of Dackich going after Archie and IU. I sat in the lobby of a hotel on the AAU circuit years ago where Dackich bragged about kicking players off after he became coach. I’d love to ask him now if he was such a man of integrity why he didn’t resign from the Sampson staff and go to the administration before he became head coach.

I am not saying Sampson did any cheating with Zellers.

What I am saying is Dackich was following Sampson around and couldn’t get done singing his praises at the same time players were skipping classes, doing drugs and Sampson was cheating. Less than a month or so after the party in Washington where DD couldn’t get done bragging on Sampson all the stuff started coming out. Don’t tell me DD was attached to his hip pocket and knew nothing. It was real easy to use the excuse I couldn’t do anything about it until I was named the coach.

DD is a dirt bag saying Archie’s a cheater based on the one text in the trial. He insinuates he’s talked to “people” and there’s more. Either put it all out there or STFU.

Just a side note, a friend back when this all came out on Sampson said Mr Zeller made a comment that Sampson must not have used throw away phones like other coaches.

Edit: if Dackich can throw mud on IU and Archie as easily as he did, I sure as hell can guess if he was up Sampson ass for 1 day he knew what Sampson was allowing and did nothing.

Your posts are funny. Just like Dan Dakitch's stuff he says on the air.

The Indiana compliance staff was supposed to be watching Sampson...and did but didn't...Greenspan too...and Meyer admitted to the NCAA he did and turned on Sampson to clear his dirty name..and McCallum was there too.

So when DD was hired by Greenspan...maybe he was warned that all that stuff was coming down. And maybe he learned about it by talking to others while he was not involved with recruiting as Director of Basketball Operations. Maybe we don't know.

But because some of us do not like his click-baiting crap that he spews just to get a buzz...doesn't mean that he cheated or didn't turn to Greenspan or higher-ups about Sampson and Meyers cheating. We just don't know.

I don't listen to his broadcasts and I don't pay attention to what he says. My daughters went to Bowling Green U. in Ohio while he was there. Dan D knows basketball. Just is too controlling to be HC in today's world. And he is shrill and will say anything.

Going with what you said...sure seems he gave lip service to Sampson during that interim. Yeah. Imagine that...he is part of the coaching staff and he says publicly that the Head Coach is good.

So throw him under the bus for what he says. I say there is nothing there that points to him cheating or enabling it.

Your posts are funny. Just like Dan Dakitch's stuff he says on the air.

The Indiana compliance staff was supposed to be watching Sampson...and did but didn't...Greenspan too...and Meyer admitted to the NCAA he did and turned on Sampson to clear his dirty name..and McCallum was there too.

So when DD was hired by Greenspan...maybe he was warned that all that stuff was coming down. And maybe he learned about it by talking to others while he was not involved with recruiting as Director of Basketball Operations. Maybe we don't know.

But because some of us do not like his click-baiting crap that he spews just to get a buzz...doesn't mean that he cheated or didn't turn to Greenspan or higher-ups about Sampson and Meyers cheating. We just don't know.

I don't listen to his broadcasts and I don't pay attention to what he says. My daughters went to Bowling Green U. in Ohio while he was there. Dan D knows basketball. Just is too controlling to be HC in today's world. And he is shrill and will say anything.

Going with what you said...sure seems he gave lip service to Sampson during that interim. Yeah. Imagine that...he is part of the coaching staff and he says publicly that the Head Coach is good.

So throw him under the bus for what he says. I say there is nothing there that points to him cheating or enabling it.

You’re exactly right. I am only using Dan’s standards he used against IU and Archie against him. That’s my point.

If he’s interviewed “people” that know IU is cheating put it out there instead of sliming IU and Archie with innuendo.

You’re exactly right. I am only using Dan’s standards he used against IU and Archie against him. That’s my point.

If he’s interviewed “people” that know IU is cheating put it out there instead of sliming IU and Archie with innuendo.
I admit I can't listen to him very long every day. I normally catch about 45 minutes worth. What I heard him say was that if IU was cheating he'd basically be their worst enemy. Maybe I'm missing something but I thought IU basketball was important to him still and he thought Archie was a good hire. If Archie is dirty then he does have a right to blast him on his radio show. Wouldn't you expect that? I would think most IU fans would blast him if that were true. I know I'd never let up if MP was found dirty. I'd want him fired immediately.

I admit I can't listen to him very long every day. I normally catch about 45 minutes worth. What I heard him say was that if IU was cheating he'd basically be their worst enemy. Maybe I'm missing something but I thought IU basketball was important to him still and he thought Archie was a good hire. If Archie is dirty then he does have a right to blast him on his radio show. Wouldn't you expect that? I would think most IU fans would blast him if that were true. I know I'd never let up if MP was found dirty. I'd want him fired immediately.

That’s not what I understood he said. I was under the impression he said they were cheating.

If IU is cheating, I want anyone fired doing it. I am tired of one day DD getting all mushy about how great IU fans were to him at a football game and the next day appear to insinuate he’s talked to people and knows Archie is cheating. If he knows put it out there. If not shut up about it and quit trolling IU fans for ratings.

Reactions: IUgradman
i'm sick of hearing if IU cheating or not. i don't give two shits anymore. the bottom line, if it takes this kind of behavior to succed these days, so be it. all i want is wins and banners and championships. i'm sure that's what everyone else wants too. if it's not, then we should have kept Crean. i just don't think you can win at the level the fans want and get banners and final four appearance's, unless you play the game....just saying...

Dakich has been trying to walk back some of the cheating rhetoric claiming he never implied anything about anyone. He needed to. Click bait or not, he was at risk as was his employer.

Dakich has been trying to walk back some of the cheating rhetoric claiming he never implied anything about anyone. He needed to. Click bait or not, he was at risk as was his employer.

My question is, did he do it jazz up ratings or did he do it because he hates Archie? Just a couple weeks ago he seemed to try and make peace with IU fans on here after receiving lots of love at an IU game. Myself and many others complimented him and it seemed like maybe the animosity would be dialed back on this forum

Now this stuff again. The Purdue Football story and the kid with cancer is a nice story. I guess I am a pessimist. I think he did it just to rub Purdue Football success in the wounds of our failure. I think he could care less about Tyler.

Reactions: IUgradman

I knew some players in the late 80s-early 90s from, well, “humble origins” who had awful nice cars while playing for IU. Not every single player, but some of them.

My question is, did he do it jazz up ratings or did he do it because he hates Archie? Just a couple weeks ago he seemed to try and make peace with IU fans on here after receiving lots of love at an IU game. Myself and many others complimented him and it seemed like maybe the animosity would be dialed back on this forum

Now this stuff again. The Purdue Football story and the kid with cancer is a nice story. I guess I am a pessimist. I think he did it just to rub Purdue Football success in the wounds of our failure. I think he could care less about Tyler.
Dan D may truly feel love for IU or empathy for Tyler. But, in my mind he clearly is driving to increase his market share and his audience.

How to do that? There are easy ways and there are hard ways to increase one's market in the mass media. Why do local and national news programs chase sensational, emotional, flashy items? Why must the 6 o'clock news get the camera as close to the fire or wreck or shooter as one can get?

Every utterance by Dan D is designed for only one purpose. That purpose is to get the listener to perform an action. That action is to get that listener to shock or interest the listener to the point of either tuning in next time or to talk about the show to get others to tune in.

Dan D will do anything to get you to respond.

Hannity does it. Wolf Blitzer does it. Trump does it. Hillary Clinton didn't do it well. Social media trolls try to do it. Dan D does it.

One has to be smart enough to not feed the trolls. A wise teacher once said: Listen and respond with empathy...do not listen with the intent to respond. I wish I could do that consistently.

Blow up your TV throw away your paper
Go to the country, build you a home
Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches - John Prine

Last edited:

He had Tyler on his show. I think that was genuine. I like to think sometimes it's about the humanity and not so much ratings. He went to bat for that kid named Brody who eventually lost his battle with cancer.

I caught the last 4 min of his show Monday, he managed to take a cheap shot at Archie clearly implying that he was doing commercials for some seedy handlers. I have always disagreed with those that claim he is bitter about not getting the job, but I have to wonder anymore.

I caught the last 4 min of his show Monday, he managed to take a cheap shot at Archie clearly implying that he was doing commercials for some seedy handlers. I have always disagreed with those that claim he is bitter about not getting the job, but I have to wonder anymore.

I was told today from someone that he’s walked the accusation back some because the show’s largest sponsor wasn’t thrilled.

With the position the person has at IU there’s a chance he knew what he was talking about but it could just be hearsay.

Last edited:

he's a stand up guy. presumably did his homework before accepting and yet still found a way to be outraged after he got the WVU job. Took the job Sampson offered and still managed to be outraged, at the end, with what he saw at IU. i guess he's the dude who went to keg parties and then, right at the end, became outraged over the beer drinking,,,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT