ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Oregon St but I suspect Arky fans are shaking heads in disbelief*

While there should not have been a game 3, I think top to bottom OSU was the best team in the country, maybe 2 years running.

The Abel kid was fantastic. I was torn, he was basically unhittable, seemed relaxed and within himself but I kept thinking it was too many pitches, ignoring he had thrown in the Wednesday game.

Arkansas came a pop out away from raising a banner. In my opinion, that was the RF ball.

Brutal. Brutal.
RF looked like he wanted no part of it. 2B had the best shot. 1B should have just cleared out. But when it's the 27th out in that kind of game, crazy things happen.

Reactions: Seyton
RF looked like he wanted no part of it. 2B had the best shot. 1B should have just cleared out. But when it's the 27th out in that kind of game, crazy things happen.
2B had a tough angle. RF has best angle coming in and is his if he wants it, but like u said, he was focused on the dog pile and not the ball. Literally almost hit him in the feet too. 2B wasn't even close.

Reactions: Seyton
The second baseman actually wound up over-running it. I agree the first baseman should have cleared out and the right fielder was probably hesitant because of how hellbent the second baseman was.

You guys had it right above: brutal, brutal, brutal.

I was watching it with my nine year old son and it was a great lesson:

1) You HAVE to get outs when you can. You just can't give the other team more outs. When the ball is popped up it HAS to be caught.

2) Try as hard as you can to not compound adversity. Hit, walk, homerun. I know it happens, but man oh man...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT