ADVERTISEMENT

Cold blooded murder in LA

Seriously? Coming from a supporter of a guy who has stated over 20000 false statements and lies and more dismissals than any other President is the old proverbial pot calling the kettle black. It seems a lot of rightists are more concerned with pointing fingers and trying to paint the leftist as the ones causing all the problems. I don’t see this forum as being populated by more one side than the other. I am a registered Republican and I get my monthly mailing from Trump but I will admit I ride the fence more in politics than anything. I think certain entities of BLM have inflamed the situation but I also believe that Trump has had a hand in it as well.

huh? You obviously don't read my posts.

The quick and easy retort that I thought was effective was that if our death rate was equal to Germany, that would be 140,000 souls still with us.

So yeah, an argument could be made on how a huge section of the excess deaths were from a lack of commitment, strategy and leadership as a nation.

Like I've argued, if Trump can't unify the country to do the simplist thing...whats going to happen when another threat hits us and we need to unify to overcome it?

We can't even trust that a vaccine is safe to use from this administration.
You can thank your Democrat governors and mayors and Nancy Pelosi for the Covid death rate! Not President Trump!

So I think we can all agree that shooting 2 cops in ambush is a horrific, criminal act. The only thing worse is when you actually KILL the cops, as what happened when the right wing Boogie-boy active duty AF Sgt Steven Carrillo ambushed and killed 2 Federal Officers in June, also in CA.

Now we know Carrillo did the earlier shooting (he's in custody) and his political leanings. But we don't know that the person who wounded the 2 cops this weekend had any kind of "political leanings", much less that he was affiliated with BLM - a conclusion the 2 of you have no problem leaping to...

Speaking of you two in particular...You're both so outraged by what you ASSUME is a BLM member shooting two deputies in CA, but conversely had no input into the right-wing extremist that actually murdered two Federal officers.

Here is one thread where we discussed it...
https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/t...eral-guard-that-was-shot.199149/#post-2960313

Strange how you guys are upset enough to post in a thread about 2 deputies getting shot, but you weren't outraged enough to participate in the earlier thread discussing cops actually being killed...

Similarly, the 5 or 6 "BLM activists" blocking the hospital was pretty reprehensible. So how did you feel about it when pro-Trump protestors blocked hospitals in Michigan back in April, and even vocally attacked healthcare workers...

"As conservative demonstrators brought Michigan’s capital to a standstill on Wednesday with ‘Operation Gridlock’, their planned drive-by protest caused ambulances to get stuck in traffic.
Downtown Lansing was clogged with the vehicles of protesters against Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s stay-at-home order to curb the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
Lansing Police struggled to keep traffic flowing and hospital security tried to keep entrances clear for emergency vehicles.

Local journalists and healthcare workers documented what they saw via social media.
At one point an ambulance had to turn down a one-way street to get out of the gridlock. Most reports focused on traffic limiting access to Sparrow Hospital, with medical staff inside voicing their frustration at the protest."
Watch more
  • "To see this - traffic blocking the main intersection of a level 1 trauma centre, blocking the entrance and exit to our hospital. Blocking patients from receiving care that they need, makes me angry. It hurts. It hurts a lot," said one healthcare worker on Facebook.
WLNS reports another posting: "You are currently blocking ambulances, physicians and caregivers from making it to work to care for the sick and relieve the exhausted workers.
"You are the problem."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...r-social-distancing-coronavirus-a9468756.html

Then there was Minnesota...

And Colorado...

"A small group of health care workers counterprotested at a large rally in Colorado demanding the state reopen and ease the restrictions designed to slow the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
Hundreds of people gathered at the state Capitol in Denver on Sunday, waving flags and protest signs and lines of cars and trucks drove around honking their horns. CNN affiliate KCNC reported there were two separate protests at the Capitol.
Photos and video from the protest showed a small number of workers dressed in scrubs and protective masks standing in a crosswalk blocking the vehicles as a counterprotest.
The workers were not identified.

One video of the protest showed a woman in a USA shirt leaning out of the passenger window of a pickup truck and shouting at the health workers. She was holding a sign that said, "Land of the Free".
"Land of the free. Go to China if you want communism," she said to the person standing in front of her."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/20/us/coronavirus-colorado-health-care-trnd/index.html

So 3 instances of anti-lockdown protestors blocking hospitals in at least 3 states were not enough to earn your ire? But 5 or 6 "BLM types" in CA were?

Tell us again how this isn't just a massive example of "selective outrage"? I'm really curious...

Geez, you are so long winded I skip 90% of the stuff you post. So I will summarize.

I don't read every thread here. I have a job, family, and a life.

I didn't attribute this shooting to BLM. I responded to Bulk, who compared it to the virus and what Trumpers do at rallies.

I have 2 family members on the IMPD, so I am outraged at all killings of officers.

I am pretty sure without going back that I said little about BLM. Maybe about the chanting, not sure, and not going to look back.

Wha? Now it’s hatred of men? Lololol. Is there anyplace you can’t find a bogeyman?
PS love the unattributed quotes though. Lazy arguing? Just easier to cut and paste from made up Facebook posts?

Crazy stuff right?

Unfortunately, it is cut and pasted.....directly from the BLM official website.

This is the direct material right off their page. If you want to be informed, go take a look yourself.

Reactions: Lucy01
This board is a series of what abouts, but maybe you only see one side of them. Look at what prompted my response. I shouldn’t follow the lead of others...

but you did and your part was proven widely inaccurate. Fox newz prez gives a (very small) thumbs up.

Crazy stuff right?

Unfortunately, it is cut and pasted.....directly from the BLM official website.

This is the direct material right off their page. If you want to be informed, go take a look yourself.

well that’s dumb. BLM isn’t a centralized organization. there are evangelical websites that say the devil buried dinosaur bones to keep us from believing in Jesus. I assume those speak for the whole movement? Lol.

Geez, you are so long winded I skip 90% of the stuff you post. So I will summarize.

I didn't attribute this shooting to BLM. I responded to Bulk, who compared it to the virus and what Trumpers do at rallies.

I have 2 family members on the IMPD, so I am outraged at all killings of officers.

I am pretty sure without going back that I said little about BLM. Maybe about the chanting, not sure, and not going to look back.
Once again, my post was a hyperbolic response to Hoodat, to emphasize his stupidity. I still have yet to see any Righties denounce his statement, so I'm going to assume 100% tribalism on this board.

50%? Lol. No. Please link your Liberty U. data.

Yes, blacks commit more murders per capita. Wonder if that has anything to do with the communities we created for them? Ya know, after destroying their families for several generations.
It's easy to find; it's the fbi. they maintain the records. most recent is 2018 and it was 53%. so 13% of the population are committing 53% of the homicides and when you throw in other violent crimes it goes up to about 60%. so those are frightening stats and i'm with you that it does have to do with their communities. that's what we ought to be focusing on. how do we get resources and infrastructure with all that attends to build up their communities. if we don't invest heavily the crime will never relent. and what so many don't get is that it inures to the benefit of all of us: black, white, whatever.

Reactions: jet812
So, it appears the LA County Sheriffs totally fabricated the story of a huge BLM crowd blocking the ambulance. There were like 5 idiots milling around and one idiot did say they hoped the police died (total f*cking idiot). The woman who supposedly tried to impede the ambulance was a reporter for NPR who had her credentials around neck and was just there covering the story.. She didn’t try to get in the way of anyone. It’s all on video:

Gee, why do people have trust issues with the police? Unbelievable.
Jesus Christ. That story REPEATEDLY says the Sherriffs department lied about “huge crowds” blocking the emergency entrance and then shows as their only evidence the same tweet I linked in this thread. Which only mentions “protestors” and makes no mention at all of how many there are.

Holy crap. Talk about fake news and the easy marks.

Jesus Christ. That story REPEATEDLY says the Sherriffs department lied about “huge crowds” blocking the emergency entrance and then shows as their only evidence the same tweet I linked in this thread. Which only mentions “protestors” and makes no mention at all of how many there are.

Holy crap. Talk about fake news and the easy marks.

There are like, 3 people there. And the person holding the camera AND Tweeting is the little NPR reporter who was arrested and roughed up for no reason. Not only that, but they didn't even get in the ambulance's way. She was there to cover the story. No huge crowd of BLM protesters trying to stop the ambulance. No chant's of "I hope they die". One idiot who happened to be milling around a hospital in Compton said it once.

You realize YOU'RE the one distributing "fake news", right? Stop lying, liar.

You must be a delight on Facebook.

There are like, 3 people there. And the person holding the camera AND Tweeting is the little NPR reporter who was arrested and roughed up for no reason. Not only that, but they didn't even get in the ambulance's way. She was there to cover the story. No huge crowd of BLM protesters trying to stop the ambulance. No chant's of "I hope they die". One idiot who happened to be milling around a hospital in Compton said it once.

You realize YOU'RE the one distributing "fake news", right? Stop lying, liar.

You must be a delight on Facebook.
Are you serious right now? Please tell me you’re joking.

Read that article and then show me where the sheriff’s department said ANYTHING about “huge crowds”.

Wow.

Are you serious right now? Please tell me you’re joking.

Read that article and then show me where the sheriff’s department said ANYTHING about “huge crowds”.

Wow.

Your OP said that "protesters" were blocking the ambulance from getting to the ER! That is patently false. Quit spreading your stupid lies. Also, the thread title is false. Both officers are out of surgery and alive (thank G*d). So your "Cold Blooded Murder" header should be changed...at least until they're dead, and G*d willing, they won't be.

It's almost like you want them dead to make a case that, for all anyone knows, is completely unrelated to BLM.

Last edited:
but you did and your part was proven widely inaccurate. Fox newz prez gives a (very small) thumbs up.
What part of mine was proven inaccurate? I haven’t watched Fox News in 10 years, but if your binary world narrative works better by casting inaccurate aspersions...

Your OP said that "protesters" were blocking the ambulance from getting to the ER! That is patently false. Quit spreading your stupid lies. Also, the thread title is false. Both officers are out of surgery and alive (thank G*d). So your "Cold Blooded Murder" header should be changed...at least until they're dead, and G*d willing, they won't be.

It's almost like you want them dead to make a case that, for all anyone knows, is completely unrelated to BLM.

Uh huh, now we’re getting somewhere.

Tell you what, I’ll see about fixing the thread title and you stop posting obviously fake news.

I’ll wait and see on the journalist.

And keep this episode in mind the next time you whine about Fox.

Deal?

Uh huh, now we’re getting somewhere.

Tell you what, I’ll see about fixing the thread title and you stop posting obviously fake news.

I’ll wait and see on the journalist.

And keep this episode in mind the next time you whine about Fox.

Deal?

No. Your entire thread was your hyperbolic use of the police officers' shooting as some sort of evidence backing your clear hatred for BLM. It's obvious. Cut the crap. You know what you're doing. The officers are still alive. There were 5 drunk guys standing around on the sidewalk of a hospital in Compton (you implied they're BLM "protesters") and the person shooting the video was an NPR reporter who had her credentials on a lanyard, but was roughed up and arrested for doing nothing but what any other reporter does. She didn't interfere in any way or "rush the ambulance".

This entire thread is "fake news" by the usual suspects. Right wing nuts, who can't distinguish fact from fear/fantasy. Sad people.

Reactions: Circlejoe
It's easy to find; it's the fbi. they maintain the records. most recent is 2018 and it was 53%. so 13% of the population are committing 53% of the homicides and when you throw in other violent crimes it goes up to about 60%. so those are frightening stats and i'm with you that it does have to do with their communities. that's what we ought to be focusing on. how do we get resources and infrastructure with all that attends to build up their communities. if we don't invest heavily the crime will never relent. and what so many don't get is that it inures to the benefit of all of us: black, white, whatever.
I saw closer to 40% but that looked like an interpretation of the FBI data. Where do you see those numbers? Just curious.

But the point we agree on is the important one. It benefits everyone. We’d save a shit load on social services, healthcare, jails, prisons, etc. just by offering free childhood development. But the rich in America created this weird ethos that poor people are stupid. And since black communities have been trapped in poverty for generations, well, they’re the dumbest. They’ll tell you settlers built this country with their barehands (they did but were also HEAVILY subsidized by the govt...lol). So a big segment of the working class now supports the cause despite huge and growing wealth gaps. Wacky stuff.

I hope they catch the criminal that shot the police officers.

I think people misconstrue the BLM movement as being against police officers. No, it's just against the ones that commit crimes (their job is to catch criminals, not be judge, jury and executioner).

I am for police officers, unless they commit a crime.
I am for people of all ethnic backgrounds, unless they commit a crime.

Everyone that commits a crime is due their day in court (other than if they actually do pull a gun on someone and get shot in the process).

I saw closer to 40% but that looked like an interpretation of the FBI data. Where do you see those numbers? Just curious.

But the point we agree on is the important one. It benefits everyone. We’d save a shit load on social services, healthcare, jails, prisons, etc. just by offering free childhood development. But the rich in America created this weird ethos that poor people are stupid. And since black communities have been trapped in poverty for generations, well, they’re the dumbest. They’ll tell you settlers built this country with their barehands (they did but were also HEAVILY subsidized by the govt...lol). So a big segment of the working class now supports the cause despite huge and growing wealth gaps. Wacky stuff.
2018 DOJ office of justice programs. I"m too dumb to link. 11,970 murders and nonnegligent homicides 6,380 by blacks. according to the wall street journal reporting wash post stats (for whatever reason they are a big repository) in 2019 cops shot 1,004 people, blacks accounted for about a quarter of those (235). This is a ratio that's been stable since 2015. In the same article it cites 2018 as the latest year for published data, and shows blacks made up 53% of known homicide offenders and committed about 60% of robberies despite only being 13% of the population. so in my view the focus of BLM on social justice in courts and police force isn't supported by the data. I'm with you, and i've belabored the shit out of this, the focus should be on investing in communities: social services, healthcare, free childhood development, free daycare, free third shift day care, ending redlining, more jobs programs, free private school, more education opportunities, free addiction services, no credit loans to start businesses, waiver of down payments for mortgages. we throw so much money, historically, to build up other countries, yet neglect our own. when you consider slavery, followed by 100 years of oppression, blacks have not had a chance to enjoy the economic benefits of this country like whites. again, to me, economics and evening the playing field for blacks is where the focus needs to be to realize any meaningful change that will have far-reaching benefits

By the way, it's "your", not "you're". Poor guy.

I am at Eyecenter in Bloomington. They had taken my glasses. Thanks for correction.

Glad you have a brave girlfriend that talked to those bad people you were afraid of.

I am at Eyecenter in Bloomington. They had taken my glasses. Thanks for correction.

Glad you have a brave girlfriend that talked to those bad people you were afraid of.

monday_0.jpg

Poor fella. You just keep grinding it out...

No. Your entire thread was your hyperbolic use of the police officers' shooting as some sort of evidence backing your clear hatred for BLM. It's obvious. Cut the crap. You know what you're doing. The officers are still alive. There were 5 drunk guys standing around on the sidewalk of a hospital in Compton (you implied they're BLM "protesters") and the person shooting the video was an NPR reporter who had her credentials on a lanyard, but was roughed up and arrested for doing nothing but what any other reporter does. She didn't interfere in any way or "rush the ambulance".

This entire thread is "fake news" by the usual suspects. Right wing nuts, who can't distinguish fact from fear/fantasy. Sad people.
But that's the irony Doc. And why courtsense is spot on about this board. the left cites a shooting like this as a random act of "posting black person doing bad things" but when a cop (of which there are 800,000) does a random act it's not random but systemic. because that's what the data shows. with respect to violent crimes the data does not support claims of systemic racism. cases like floyd are random acts no different than this random violent act.

what is systemic is blacks committing 53% percent of murders and 60% of robberies despite being 13% of population and no meaningful discussion anywhere as to the conditions that give rise to these statistics and what can be done to address them. black communities desperately need help and they aren't getting it.

as courtsense writes the title of the thread is wholly immaterial. the posters on this board will predictably fall right into the slots of whatever they've already decided.

But that's the irony Doc. And why courtsense is spot on about this board. the left cites a shooting like this as a random act of "posting black person doing bad things" but when a cop (of which there are 800,000) does a random act it's not random but systemic. because that's what the data shows. with respect to violent crimes the data does not support claims of systemic racism. cases like floyd are random acts no different than this random violent act.

what is systemic is blacks committing 53% percent of murders and 60% of robberies despite being 13% of population and no meaningful discussion anywhere as to the conditions that give rise to these statistics and what can be done to address them

But but but, systemic racism is the fault of your stats.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
It does not help when the founders of your organization are 3 extremely angry, lesbian black women who started throwing around very radical hate speech toward whites from the outset using inflammatory words like “sub-human.” And then, they began weaving in their original intent: hatred of the male species. Black males were mostly exempt with the main target being white males. They started to try and neatly compartmentalize people into the “Pyramid of Oppression.”
Not true. The Black Live Matter movement grew organically from the Trayvon Martin murder. It took two months for that story to gain any traction, as if a young black life didn't matter.

Reactions: cosmickid

what is systemic is blacks committing 53% percent of murders and 60% of robberies despite being 13% of population and no meaningful discussion anywhere as to the conditions that give rise to these statistics and what can be done to address them

This is a lay up: The police's job is to serve and protect the public, not murder them. Criminals...black, white, Latino, Asian...are criminals. Why is that so difficult to grasp?

The police aren't supposed to be the criminals. Even in the case of the shooting in Compton, the LAPD lied and made up nonsense stories about protesters getting in the way of ambulances and reporters "rushing" the ambulance and hindering them getting the officers to the ER. Then three police officers gave a tiny Asian woman a black eye while they arrested her for doing her job as a reporter for NPR. Do you get why this is a PR problem for the police?

Reactions: cosmickid
This is a lay up: The police's job is to serve and protect the public, not murder them. Criminals...black, white, Latino, Asian...are criminals. Why is that so difficult to grasp?

The police aren't supposed to be the criminals. Even in the case of the shooting in Compton, the LAPD lied and made up nonsense stories about protesters getting in the way of ambulances and reporters "rushing" the ambulance and hindering them getting the officers to the ER. Then three police officers gave a tiny Asian woman a black eye while they arrested her for doing her job as a reporter for NPR. Do you get why this is a PR problem for the police?
If she is a reporter, she got what she deserved!

Because you don't live in reality. Of course you're right. But again you aren't being realistic. There are 800,000 cops. Tens of million contacts between cops and people per year. Most departments the qualifications are 18, a driver license, and a GED. it's impossible not to have events like these when you factor in all of the variables. so again, elevating communities thereby reducing the crimes thereby reducing contacts is the solution. alternatively dumping a shitload of money into policing where cops have master's in crim justice and make six figures. but i don't see that happening. and lastly as for the cops being criminals again as it stands with shootings there's no statistical support for your claim that there's a racist component to it. they shoot whites far more than blacks.

Because you don't live in reality. Of course you're right. But again you aren't being realistic. There are 800,000 cops. Tens of million contacts between cops and people per year. Most departments the qualifications are 18, a driver license, and a GED. it's impossible not to have events like these when you factor in all of the variables. so again, elevating communities thereby reducing the crimes thereby reducing contacts is the solution. alternatively dumping a shitload of money into policing where cops have master's in crim justice and make six figures. but i don't see that happening

I don't live in reality? I live in Chicago...where everyone around here thinks is some sort of hell on Earth (It was Conde Nast Traveller's #1 best big city for tourists in the US for the last 3 years running, btw. No word on 2020 though, ;)). I counted 11 police cars from my window last night. Just sitting there. All night long with their lights on. I think I live a lot closer to reality than someone who lives in an ex-urb in random-town Florida. No offense.

I don't live in reality? I live in Chicago...where everyone around here thinks is some sort of hell on Earth (It was Conde Nast Traveller's #1 best big city for tourists in the US for the last 3 years running, btw. No word on 2020 though, ;)). I counted 11 police cars from my window last night. Just sitting there. All night long with their lights on. I think I live a lot closer to reality than someone who lives in an ex-urb in random-town Florida. No offense.
I didn’t mean as to where you live I meant as to your expectations for cops. Their qualifications are the same as a gig at dollar general yet we expect them to be like cia agents

Obviously this is a sickening and disgusting crime. I hope like hell the officers survive and both the shooter and anyone purposely hindering the ambulance are prosecuted to the fullest extent.

I do want to add that I didn't see this outrage from the Right when Steven Carrillo, a "Boogaloo" weirdo killed a Santa Cruz Sheriff and another security officer on May 29th. Per the FBI, “They came to Oakland to kill cops.” “They are 2nd Amendment insurrectionists." “The boogaloo boys believe in armed insurrection and include attacks on the police.”

In fact, black people are only involved in about 2% of shootouts with police. 83% are far right extremist groups. 8% are Islamic fundamentalists. I'd lump them in with right wing extremists too.

shootout%20graf_0.jpg

This article lists the people who have murdered police officers. All of them are anti-government or white supremecists/neo nazis.

So, maybe we shouldn't get out over our skis blaming BLM for causing all this.

What is the difference between a right wing terrorist and a left wing terrorist and why does it matter?

I think Hitler and Stalin were pretty much the same, yet many consider them polar opposites.

I didn’t mean as to where you live I meant as to your expectations for cops. Their qualifications are the same as a gig at dollar general yet we expect them to be like cia agents

Well, if the guys whose job it is to fight crime are committing the crimes, there is a very serious problem. I don't think anyone is expecting police officers to be more than they are; law enforcement professionals. If you can't do your job without murdering someone, it's time to turn in your badge. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
What is the difference between a right wing terrorist and a left wing terrorist and why does it matter?

I think Hitler and Stalin were pretty much the same, yet many consider them polar opposites.

If you read this thread, a lot.

The posts I quoted...

"Extremely sad, but not unexpected. When you portray the police as villains for just doing their jobs, there is going to be an eventual backlash.

Democrats, BLM, and anyone protesting George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Jacob Blake, etc. are going to have to accept responsibility for this.
[/QUOTE]
Nice try but you know that is no comparison to ambushing 2 cops. And BLM protesters have been calling for violence against police for years. Remember the fry pigs like bacon (or whatever)? I don't think that was chant of kindness.

I'm not going to tar you with the other clown's post,which he could've made back in June,substituted "right wing terrorists" for BLM and it would still 100% reflect the earlier situation. Some individuals within BLM may portray LEOs as "villains" based on the way they perceive them treating POC.

But there are fanatics on the Right (like Boogaloo Boys, Sovereign Citizens, Neo-Nazis like Atomwaffen etc...) who view LEOs as VILLAINS because they see them as intruments of the State. They also advocate killing cops, as a way to incite a race war. That's EXACTLY what Carillo hoped to achieve in June when he killed 2 cops (including 1 who was Black).

So when you say
"Nice try but you know that is no comparison to ambushing 2 cops."
(This was true in June also. But you didn't feel the need to run to the WC to condemn it)

And BLM protesters have been calling for violence against police for years. Remember the fry pigs like bacon (or whatever)? I don't think that was chant of kindness."
(And yet up until now, it's always been people on the far right who not only vocalize the need to kill cops, but also plan and carry out operations to do exactly that)

It seems like you are extremely willing to attack an "unidentified murderer" who you assume is BLM (whose victims are still alive,btw) yet when a much more egregious POLITICAL killing of two cops took place in June you were silent.And if you're upset when 5 or 6 people apparently blocked an ER, why didn't the same sort of actions by pro-Trump protestors in April/May when numerous ERs/Hospitals were blocked by traffic stir the same condemnation?

Again, how do you maintain that this isn't just "selective outrage"?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT