ADVERTISEMENT

About the Oakland federal guard that was shot

Marvin the Martian

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
Reactions: brianiu
It was blamed on protesyers/rioters. Guess who has been arrested? A Boogaloo serving in the air force. Now Boogaloos are not necessarily right wing, but they are not necessarily left either. They are gun "aficionados" though who are showing up at protests with their own agenda. They caused problems in New Mexico last night.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...SUHhPc8OHEgx6B1oMNbIRtg5nU-I6sNlkEG0WtTf6NqYA

Yup. That guy up in NoCal was crazy. He set a trap for some Sheriffs south of San Fran and it appears it was part of his larger attempt to foment a race war...outside of what may be murdering his late wife.

Yup. That guy up in NoCal was crazy. He set a trap for some Sheriffs south of San Fran and it appears it was part of his larger attempt to foment a race war...outside of what may be murdering his late wife.

There is a group out there, heavily armed, with a stated purpose of starting a civil war. Yet Antifa is the terrorist group?

Reactions: Rockfish1
There is conflicting info out there on Carillo. I think it’s to early to label him right wing.

Sources tell ABC7 News' Dan Noyes that investigators found many improvised explosive devices inside Carillo's home Saturday and that the FBI has taken over the case. The working theory is the sheriff's deputies "interrupted something big that was about to happen."

On his Facebook page on May 31, Carillo reposted a meme that said, "I'll never let racist white people make me forget about the dope white people I know exist. I love y'all." The post includes fist emojis of different skin tones, and both of the "whites" in the meme were crossed out. Carillo wrote, "The only race that matters, the human race."

I don't know...everything I've seen about Boogaloos is that they are pretty far right wing folk...like way off the deep end far. Carillo seems certifiable.

It appears most of them are far right and e
racist, most would be fair to say. But I have seen stories like this Vox story that says some praise black nationalist groups (my system kept crashing trying to copy from that article).

So it seems they may not be entirely monolithic. But yes, the majority at least seem right wing. But until I know this person was, he can nest be described as a gun nut.

some praise black nationalist groups
They basically lie about it seeing black groups as a possible ally. I posted about this group at the beginning of the protests. They hate cops and law enforcement more than they do black people. Hating cops is their mantra and a feature - what they are about - but racism is an option as groups like these attract a lot of racists.

Like Antifa, they are decentralized, but unlike antifa, it's not just an ideology, it is organized into small groups.

Last edited:
Reactions: cosmickid
There is conflicting info out there on Carillo. I think it’s to early to label him right wing.

There is no "conflicting info" on Carillo. People who previously served with him in the AF knew he was a right-wing fanatic who hated cops. They describe him as belonging to groups that other AF personnel also belonged to...

This is from the Air Force Times...

"Citing prosecutors from Santa Cruz County, NBC reported that Carrillo wrote the words “boog” and “I became unreasonable” in blood on the hood of a car shortly before he was arrested. NBC said “boog” is short for “boogaloo,” which is a term for an online anti-government movement that seeks to provoke a second civil war in America.

“I became unreasonable” refers to a quote from anti-government extremist Marvin Heemeyer, which has become a meme on boogaloo-related social media sites, NBC said. Heemeyer bulldozed 13 buildings in Colorado in June 2004 over a zoning dispute and then killed himself. He has become known by the nickname “Killdozer” in extremist circles online.

Carrillo also wrote “stop the duopoly” in blood, NBC said, referencing a desire to break the system of two main political parties in the United States."

Carillo is the latest member of the military with apparent involvement in the boogaloo movement. Earlier this month, federal prosecutors charged three Nevada men — an Army reservist, a Navy veteran, and an Air Force veteran — with plotting to terrorize and provoke violence at protests in Las Vegas. Prosecutors said those men self-identified as members of the boogaloo movement.

Last November, an online neo-Nazi forum’s chat logs were released online, showing discussions including people claiming to be military service members or wanting to join the military.

And an airman from the 50th Space Wing at Schriever Air Force Base in Colorado was demoted from master sergeant to technical sergeant last year after photographs surfaced purportedly showing his involvement with the white nationalist group Identity Evropa. A board also recommended that Tech. Sgt. Cory Reeves be discharged, the Air Force said in February.
"

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/...ty-wrote-violent-extremist-messages-in-blood/

The phrase “I became unreasonable” has become a meme in public Boogaloo communities on Facebook, which discuss weapons and fantasize about a second civil war. One recent meme on Facebook shows a man holding a Boogaloo flag at a protest, along with the phrase “Become unreasonable.”

“Heemeyer is revered in Boogaloo groups,” said Megan Squire, a computer science professor at Elon University who tracks online extremism and is monitoring several private Boogaloo groups online.

Referencing a nickname for Heemeyer, Squire said, “Killdozer represents the intersection between the libertarian ideal of small government and the militant fantasy of the Boogaloo. Heemeyer, as Killdozer, meticulously planned a revenge fantasy on some local government entities that he blamed for excessive regulation of his business.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...led-extremist-boogaloo-phrases-blood-n1230321

These are the same lineage as groups like posse comitatus and the wackos that don't believe in "drivers licenses"- the Sovereigns. The hero they revere most? Timothy McVeigh..,.

Reactions: DrHoops and T.M.P.
They basically lie about it seeing black groups as a possible ally. I posted about this group at the beginning of the protests. They hate cops and law enforcement more than they do black people. Hating cops is their mantra and a feature - what they are about - but racism is an option as groups like these attract a lot of racists.

Like Antifa, they are decentralized, but unlike antifa, it's not just an ideology, it is organized into small groups.

It appears the descriptor that fits is libertarian. Libertarian technically falls outside left/right BUT they also exist in far, far larger numbers in the GOP than the Democratic. I have noted some of the media groups have picked up calling them a libertarian extremist group.

But I am waiting on our 2A absolutist members to tell us how great it is a group working to create a civil war can legally buy as many weapons as they want.

But I am waiting on our 2A absolutist members to tell us how great it is a group working to create a civil war can legally buy as many weapons as they want.

I guess as great as it was to see all the 1A absolutists say how great it was to watch our cities burn down 2 weeks ago. They were just supporting the peaceful ones though right?

The thing about rights is that they can sometimes get messy when not used responsibly. However, we have an agreement that some rights are so important that we have decided to live with some of the stupidity that comes along with them. The right to assemble and the right to bear arms were #1 and #2 for a reason.

It appears the descriptor that fits is libertarian. Libertarian technically falls outside left/right BUT they also exist in far, far larger numbers in the GOP than the Democratic. I have noted some of the media groups have picked up calling them a libertarian extremist group.

The 2A absolutists don’t want a few million “bad” gun owners to ruin the ability to buy assault style weapons for the “good” guy owners. Juxtaposed against how stringent many of those same people are for policing voter fraud, something that barely exists, is telling. A couple instances of voter fraud means voting should be tougher for everyone.

Last edited:
I guess as great as it was to see all the 1A absolutists say how great it was to watch our cities burn down 2 weeks ago. They were just supporting the peaceful ones though right?

The thing about rights is that they can sometimes get messy when not used responsibly. However, we have an agreement that some rights are so important that we have decided to live with some of the stupidity that comes along with them. The right to assemble and the right to bear arms were #1 and #2 for a reason.

People on here said it was “great to watch our cities burn”? Do tell. Who was it?

The 2A absolutists don’t want a few millions “bad” gun owners to ruin the ability to buy assault style weapons for the “good” guy owners. Juxtaposed against how stringent many of those same people are for policing voter fraud, something that barely exists, is telling. A couple instances of voter fraud means voting should be tougher for everyone.

And the voter fraud and election rigging is being perpetrated by republicans.

However, we have an agreement that some rights are so important that we have decided to live with some of the stupidity that comes along with them. The right to assemble and the right to bear arms were #1 and #2 for a reason.
The 2nd amendment never protected an individual right until the conservative majority created that right in 2008, and it never applied to the states until the conservative majority made it so in 2010. Before the conservative majority re-wrote history, the 2nd amendment protected the states’ ability to maintain and arm the well-regulated militias that the text expressly references.

The biggest gun nuts I know are a libertarian couple. They are hard core into prepping and doomsday scenarios, while being amed to the teeth. Part of their core philosophy is getting government out of our lives, therefore they want no restrictions on gay marriage, no restrictions on abortion, no favoring religion, no restrictions on drug use, and of course small government. So it has both far right (guns, small government) and far left (social tenets) aspects.

The 2nd amendment never protected an individual right until the conservative majority created that right in 2008, and it never applied to the states until the conservative majority made it so in 2010. Before the conservative majority re-wrote history, the 2nd amendment protected the states’ ability to maintain and arm the well-regulated militias that the text expressly references.
Constitutional scholar Garrett Epps is more charitable toward the Heller majority than I am, but here's his concise take on the actual history:

Under the Articles of Confederation, from 1777 on, states were required to maintain their own “well regulated and disciplined militia, sufficiently armed and accoutered” with “a proper quantity of arms, ammunition and camp equipage.” The states would appoint all officers under the rank of colonel. The confederation Congress was permitted to “requisition” these militias for the “common defence,” but only “in proportion to the number of white inhabitants in such State.” If other states didn’t furnish their share, Congress could ask complying states for more than their proportional share—but the state legislature was guaranteed the power to refuse, even in an emergency. And even when the militia was under federal command, the state legislatures would choose replacement officers as well.

The states were further protected by remarkable supermajority rules: Unless nine states out of 13 agreed, Congress couldn’t declare war, raise an army, or even appoint a “commander in chief of the army or navy.” Even if the nation was invaded, five states could stop any military response; even if the other eight agreed, they would not even be able to appoint a commanding general, much less march against the enemy.

All told, the arms and the military power remained solidly in state hands, with the confederation government taking over only in the direst circumstances, and after humbly asking the states for permission.

In the Constitution of 1787, by contrast, the federal government would control virtually every aspect of war, peace, and military structure. The new Congress could declare war, raise an army, or both, by a bare majority and without consulting the states; Congress was in charge of training and arming the state militias, and could call the militia into service without state permission or even state consultation.

And no more veto over the commander in chief—who would be, by law, the president.

The sole remnant of the states’ power over their own militia appears in Article I § 8 cl. 15, which ended by “reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress.” And in case there was any doubt about what the federalized militia might be up to, the Constitution provided that it could be called into service “to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions”—that is, perhaps, to march into any state, including its own, to bend its people to the federal will.

All told, the text lays out a stunning power grab. To much of the revolutionary generation, a standing army was the mortal enemy of freedom and self-government. Those ratifying the Constitution had vivid memories of red-clad professional soldiers—some speaking German—swarming ashore to enforce British tax laws, and then to try to crush the Revolution. Now a new government—without so much as saying “by your leave”—could create such a force at pleasure, and send it, and their own militias, to crush any state that did not obey federal ukase. That must have raised hackles from Lexington to Savannah.

That’s the context. To me it suggests that, in adopting what became the Second Amendment, members of Congress were attempting to reassure the states that they could retain their militias and that Congress could not disarm them. Maybe there was a subsidiary right to bear arms; but the militia is the main thing the Constitution revamped, and the militia is what the Amendment talks about.
One key thing people who haven't studied the history don't get. The Framers were mostly brilliant, but they were also mostly politicians, and they were trying to solve their political problems, not ours. At the time the 2nd amendment was ratified, their political problem was whether to create a brand new federal government, and how much of their authority the states would cede to it. That was the ball game. And in particular anti-Federalists wanted to protect state militias that would counter the new federal government's power to make war on them to, I don't know . . . take away their slaves or something. Nowhere in this debate was anyone concerned about appeasing 21st-century ammosexuals.

I don’t know about you but every gun nut I know is a stark-raving liberal. Gun nuts so liberal they think Maddow is conservative.

idiots speak in absolutes when they can’t make a real argument. I absolutely know liberals that own many guns, several in fact. You suggesting liberals don’t hunt? How narrow minded to stereotype so recklessly...

Constitutional scholar Garrett Epps is more charitable toward the Heller majority than I am, but here's his concise take on the actual history:

Under the Articles of Confederation, from 1777 on, states were required to maintain their own “well regulated and disciplined militia, sufficiently armed and accoutered” with “a proper quantity of arms, ammunition and camp equipage.” The states would appoint all officers under the rank of colonel. The confederation Congress was permitted to “requisition” these militias for the “common defence,” but only “in proportion to the number of white inhabitants in such State.” If other states didn’t furnish their share, Congress could ask complying states for more than their proportional share—but the state legislature was guaranteed the power to refuse, even in an emergency. And even when the militia was under federal command, the state legislatures would choose replacement officers as well.

The states were further protected by remarkable supermajority rules: Unless nine states out of 13 agreed, Congress couldn’t declare war, raise an army, or even appoint a “commander in chief of the army or navy.” Even if the nation was invaded, five states could stop any military response; even if the other eight agreed, they would not even be able to appoint a commanding general, much less march against the enemy.

All told, the arms and the military power remained solidly in state hands, with the confederation government taking over only in the direst circumstances, and after humbly asking the states for permission.

In the Constitution of 1787, by contrast, the federal government would control virtually every aspect of war, peace, and military structure. The new Congress could declare war, raise an army, or both, by a bare majority and without consulting the states; Congress was in charge of training and arming the state militias, and could call the militia into service without state permission or even state consultation.

And no more veto over the commander in chief—who would be, by law, the president.

The sole remnant of the states’ power over their own militia appears in Article I § 8 cl. 15, which ended by “reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress.” And in case there was any doubt about what the federalized militia might be up to, the Constitution provided that it could be called into service “to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions”—that is, perhaps, to march into any state, including its own, to bend its people to the federal will.

All told, the text lays out a stunning power grab. To much of the revolutionary generation, a standing army was the mortal enemy of freedom and self-government. Those ratifying the Constitution had vivid memories of red-clad professional soldiers—some speaking German—swarming ashore to enforce British tax laws, and then to try to crush the Revolution. Now a new government—without so much as saying “by your leave”—could create such a force at pleasure, and send it, and their own militias, to crush any state that did not obey federal ukase. That must have raised hackles from Lexington to Savannah.

That’s the context. To me it suggests that, in adopting what became the Second Amendment, members of Congress were attempting to reassure the states that they could retain their militias and that Congress could not disarm them. Maybe there was a subsidiary right to bear arms; but the militia is the main thing the Constitution revamped, and the militia is what the Amendment talks about.
One key thing people who haven't studied the history don't get. The Framers were mostly brilliant, but they were also mostly politicians, and they were trying to solve their political problems, not ours. At the time the 2nd amendment was ratified, their political problem was whether to create a brand new federal government, and how much of their authority the states would cede to it. That was the ball game. And in particular anti-Federalists wanted to protect state militias that would counter the new federal government's power to make war on them to, I don't know . . . take away their slaves or something. Nowhere in this debate was anyone concerned about appeasing 21st-century ammosexuals.
“Ammosexuals”.

Good one....lol.

Here's where I pretend I know what I'm talking about....

I'm sure lots of folks in the Revolutionary era owned their own weapons and that they weren't thinking about the threat of the government regulating those or the prospect of the very different 2nd amendment applying if they did. It simply wasn't a thing, much like any other aspect of their day to day lives wasn't a thing for Constitutional consideration. But I think all those private concerns would be well addressed by modern day substantive due process analysis. If we let go of bizarro 2nd amendment application, folks would still have protection from government overreach and there'd still be a reasonable scrutiny to be applied to any governmental effort to regulate guns.

Man some of you guys need to get out in the country and small towns to see who have the guns-hint: They always have but have even more now.

Here's where I pretend I know what I'm talking about....

I'm sure lots of folks in the Revolutionary era owned their own weapons and that they weren't thinking about the threat of the government regulating those or the prospect of the very different 2nd amendment applying if they did. It simply wasn't a thing, much like any other aspect of their day to day lives wasn't a thing for Constitutional consideration. But I think all those private concerns would be well addressed by modern day substantive due process analysis. If we let go of bizarro 2nd amendment application, folks would still have protection from government overreach and there'd still be a reasonable scrutiny to be applied to any governmental effort to regulate guns.
I like this and would love to hear more of it

Let me run a highlighter over this. Heller (2008) was ahistorical, but think about the McDonald case (2010), which said we should apply Heller to the states. Thus, an amendment that protected states' rights to maintain their own well-regulated militias becomes a vehicle for the Court to strike down state regulation of firearms. This is "originalism".

They should move to a country that has no government! Wait....er....um....forget it.

The biggest gun nuts I know are a libertarian couple. They are hard core into prepping and doomsday scenarios, while being amed to the teeth. Part of their core philosophy is getting government out of our lives, therefore they want no restrictions on gay marriage, no restrictions on abortion, no favoring religion, no restrictions on drug use, and of course small government. So it has both far right (guns, small government) and far left (social tenets) aspects.

idiots speak in absolutes when they can’t make a real argument. I absolutely know liberals that own many guns, several in fact. You suggesting liberals don’t hunt? How narrow minded to stereotype so recklessly...

I was talking about gun nuts. You know, ammosexuals. Not hunters. Try to keep up.

Let me run a highlighter over this. Heller (2008) was ahistorical, but think about the McDonald case (2010), which said we should apply Heller to the states. Thus, an amendment that protected states' rights to maintain their own well-regulated militias becomes a vehicle for the Court to strike down state regulation of firearms. This is "originalism".

Dumb

Fourteenth Amendment.

I was talking about gun nuts. You know, ammosexuals. Not hunters. Try to keep up.

More duplicity from Barr and Trump. Publicly it's all "the violent threat posed by Antifa" with both of them, but the reports they are getting from Homeland Security tell a Radically (Right wing :D) different story entirely...

"The Trump administration is warning law enforcement and public safety officials that a far-right extremist movement known as “boogaloo” may be setting its sights on the nation’s capital.

On Monday, the National Capital Region Threat Intelligence Consortium (NTIC), a fusion center for Washington, D.C. that provides support to federal national security and law enforcement agencies, warned in an intelligence assessment that “the District is likely an attractive target for violent adherents of the boogaloo ideology due to the significant presence of US law enforcement entities, and the wide range of First Amendment-Protected events hosted here.”

The assessment, dated June 15 and obtained by Politico, reported that “recent events indicate violent adherents of the boogaloo ideology likely reside in the National Capital Region, and others may be willing to travel far distances to incite civil unrest or conduct violence encouraged in online forums associated with the movement.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/intel-report-warns-far-extremists-193236944.html

Sounds like increased "bunker inspections" could be in Trump's future...;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT