ADVERTISEMENT

Cocaine Bear v. Jesus Revolution

Which would you see this weekend if you had the chance?

• Jesus Revolution

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

anon_6hv78pr714xta

Let's celebrate the death of cinema. To start, a poll:

A retort. B movies have their place. Fun. Stupid. Mindless 100 min distractions. The difference between an amusement park and a national park.

But damn if Lake Placid isn’t an excellent watch.

I would see neither in the theater. These are B movies. Best watched at home on the couch. Or at a random double feature in a run down theater or drive in somewhere.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
I haven't been to the theaters in years. When you have a high end 75" 4k display in the basement along with a $5k surround system and Paramount+ is streaming the new Top Gun in 4k it just isn't worth it.
No. Movie theater is still superior. Laughing, awwing, gasping, jumping in fright are all infectious. It feels good to laugh or jump in fright as a group. Are concerts and comedy shows better at home? No.

Now most movies are not worth seeing in the theater. But for some their is no better substitute.

No. Movie theater is still superior. Laughing, awwing, gasping, jumping in fright are all infectious. It feels good to laugh or jump in fright as a group. Are concerts and comedy shows better at home? No.

Now most movies are not worth seeing in the theater. But for some their is no better substitute.
I think what you say is why I’ll try to see Cocaine Bear in the theater. Maybe a later showing. For the crowd reaction.

Top Gun was one of those. Avatar another. I still enjoy going to the theater, going tonight as a matter of fact. ( to avoid the ball game). Some movies are fine at home, but as you say, some are made for the movie experience.

Top Gun was one of those. Avatar another. I still enjoy going to the theater, going tonight as a matter of fact. ( to avoid the ball game). Some movies are fine at home, but as you say, some are made for the movie experience.
I don't disagree that it's superior but when you have a nice setup at home and you factor in the outrageous ticket prices and concessions I just prefer to stay home. I am planning to take my monsters to the Mario movie when it comes out. We'll see how that goes.

I don't disagree that it's superior but when you have a nice setup at home and you factor in the outrageous ticket prices and concessions I just prefer to stay home. I am planning to take my monsters to the Mario movie when it comes out. We'll see how that goes.
Oh yeah if you’re taking family it’s easily a hundred bucks with concessions.

Feb. 25, 1963 - 35th annual Oscar awards.

Nominated for best picture of the year were: “Lawrence of Arabia,” “The Longest Day,” “The Music Man,” “Mutiny on the Bounty,” and “To Kill a Mockingbird”.

Nominated for best actor were: Burt Lancaster in “Birdman of Alcatraz”; Jack Lemmon in “Days of Wine and Roses”; Marcello Mastroianni in the Italian film, “Divorce — Italian Style”; Peter O’Toole in “Lawrence of Arabia”; Gregory Peck in “To Kill a Mockingbird.”

Nominated for best actress were: Anne Bancroft in “The Miracle Worker”; Bette Davis in “What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?”; Katherine Hepburn in “Long Day’s Journey Into Night”; Geraldine Page in “Sweet Bird of Youth”; and Lee Remick in “Days of Wine and Roses.”

I think I’ll skip Cocaine Bear.

I love stupid humor. I'm fairly certain I'm gonna like a movie when you mix cocaine and a bear together.

Fun fact: It got a 71 on rotten tomatoes, for those that care about that stuff.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
I love stupid humor. I'm fairly certain I'm gonna like a movie when you mix cocaine and a bear together.

It’s actually very funny and gory both- great child actors and a great cast- Ray Liotta last role- it’s a fun time- my wife loved it too. If you liked Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, you will like Cocaine Bear

I usually don’t like silly movies. I watched Megan with my daughter and her friends last night. It was dumb but entertaining and scared them real bad. I’m online now trying to find a Megan doll. I’m going to hide it in her closet while she’s at school

I usually don’t like silly movies. I watched Megan with my daughter and her friends last night. It was dumb but entertaining and scared them real bad. I’m online now trying to find a Megan doll. I’m going to hide it in her closet while she’s at school

I saw previews for that.

I was home alone Friday night. Wife took youngest over to her friends who also has a kid same age so they had a girls night. My 16 year old spent the night at her friend's house so it was just my dog and I.

I took a 50 MG edible, had a box of cookies and let my dog sleep on the bed. That's when I saw the Megan preview, but was entirely to afraid to watch it by myself considering I live in the country and my dog is on deaths door and would be zero help if I started freaking out.

In other words, I was a little bitch that night.

I saw previews for that.

I was home alone Friday night. Wife took youngest over to her friends who also has a kid same age so they had a girls night. My 16 year old spent the night at her friend's house so it was just my dog and I.

I took a 50 MG edible, had a box of cookies and let my dog sleep on the bed. That's when I saw the Megan preview, but was entirely to afraid to watch it by myself considering I live in the country and my dog is on deaths door and would be zero help if I started freaking out.

50!!!! Jesus

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
I saw previews for that.

50! Good Lord I’d be out for a week.

I saw previews for that.

50mg? Not quite Joey Diaz level but you're on your way. Tip of the hat.

• Haha
Reactions: Baller23Boogie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT